Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I let my five year old use the gamepad occasionally when we're playing Lego Marvel Superheroes, but by christ I watch her like a hawk! I would rig up some sort of system of ropes, pulleys and rods, like a busker's harmonica head-gear, to prevent them dropping it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Banjo wrote: »
    I let my five year old use the gamepad occasionally when we're playing Lego Marvel Superheroes, but by christ I watch her like a hawk! I would rig up some sort of system of ropes, pulleys and rods, like a busker's harmonica head-gear, to prevent them dropping it.

I was actually thinking shame there isn't some sort of lanyard attached to it that could be worn around the neck. Probably too risky with children though (esp. if they're not supervised).

Mr E - kitchen not ideal at all as you say. Can they sit at the table and use it? You're gonna say no table, all counters. Or maybe just tell your brother/sister to start up a gamepad replacement fund just in case. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Or maybe just tell your brother/sister to start up a gamepad replacement fund just in case. :)
    No Nephews/Nieces yourself? :D

PSX, PS2, Wii, DS lite, Xperia Play, Gameboy advance, Laptop, Laptop Screen, DVD's, Tons of Games....

:eek::eek::eek:
    Until I just wrote that list, I had no idea there were so many. And I'm definitely missing a few.
    PSP, but was not mine. Repaired it until the mainboard was falling apart.

And, believe it or not, The only two that weren't my own house, were the PS2 and the DS lite. In fairness, I probably could have done a lot more to protect a couple of items.

Allyall wrote: »
    No Nephews/Nieces yourself? :D

I do of course. But if I buy them something that doesn't mean I have to cover damages too! That's their parents job. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,749 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

MARIO KART 8 DLC Trailer - Yoshi Circuit, Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach & New Vehicle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Guess i better hurry up finishing the existing cups then!

Glad I got the digital copy, with that and the DDP points from the free promo game I'm basically getting the DLC for free. :cool:
    Don't forget to check http://p.nintendo.net/deluxe/ if you didn't know of it's existence! :)

No exact date for the DLC yet it seems. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

I got a Wii U and Mario Kart 8 at the weekend, could I use the 1500 points I got with them towards this DLC?

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

I got a Wii U and Mario Kart 8 at the weekend, could I use the 1500 points I got with them towards this DLC?

No, those points are for Club Nintendo (http://microsite.nintendo-europe.com/clubnintendo/.) They're nothing to do with the eShop.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Not Wii U, but more Wii related. My missus is a big fan of Mario games, DK games, Kirby games and Zelda games. Would she enjoy Kirbys Epic Yarn and Super Paper Mario (Wii)?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If she likes Kirby then she knows Kirby games have zero challenge in them in terms of finishing, and plenty of challenge in terms of collecting everything on the level while still finishing. As such, she should enjoy Epic Yarn, it's a lovely game. Looks the business, makes the most of it's theme and has some wonderful little touches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Guess i better hurry up finishing the existing cups then!

Glad I got the digital copy, with that and the DDP points from the free promo game I'm basically getting the DLC for free. :cool:
    Don't forget to check http://p.nintendo.net/deluxe/ if you didn't know of it's existence! :)

No exact date for the DLC yet it seems. :confused:
    I keep forgetting about that site! Logged in and found I had a fiver waiting for me....winning!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Is that dlc in addition to the two sets on the way?
    Will they bring us proper battle tracks?
    Please please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Is that dlc in addition to the two sets on the way?
    Will they bring us proper battle tracks?
    Please please?

No that's part of the 2 sets. It's tracks and characters. No battle mode :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

And all we know is it's November, right? No date?

Man, I want this more than Bayonetta.

*watches for mob & bonfire outside the house*

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I just played an hour of Super Mario 3D World. Something on every level I played brought out my inner child and made me laugh.

When they get it right, they get it very right.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    And all we know is it's November, right? No date?

Man, I want this more than Bayonetta.

*watches for mob & bonfire outside the house*

No date yet but t will have to be early to mid November so as not to clash with Smash Bros.

Regarding the mob & bonfire, we've agreed a date of the 31st. ;)

Bayonetta? Maybe...still no. Bayonetta 2? No way. Combined? Not a chance in hell.

Pic of the day. The giant screen in the Boxing Ring stage for Wii U reenacts the multiscreen effect seen in the arcade version of Punch-Out!! Looks like their aliases are displayed on the screen too.
    zlCfzSkuZBY13c7mbW

By the way, today, October 23rd at 3 PM PST (October 23rd 11 PM UK time, October 24th 9 AM Sydney Time, we are streaming "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50-Fact Extravaganza" (“Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50 Must-See Things”). You can watch the stream from the links below when it starts.

For Americas: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/10-23-2014/

For Europe: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html

For Oceania: http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendodirect

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Is this like the "10 things you didn't know about SM3DW" Nintendo Direct, where they gave away (read: SPOILED!) so many surprising things, including post-game content, before the game even hit the shelves?

Pass. :)

Mr E wrote: »
    Is this like the "10 things you didn't know about SM3DW" Nintendo Direct, where they gave away (read: SPOILED!) so many surprising things, including post-game content, before the game even hit the shelves?

Pass. :)

I don't think and hope they don't spoil everything. Smash Bros. sells itself. SM3DW needed to convince people. Remember its first reveal trailer? Awful, simply awful. It got a huge backlash after that and I still haven't bought it. Yes the finished product was so much bet but there's something about it that just doesn't sit right with me. It's too casual, too easy and I don't like that they used a cookie-cutter for it. It's no Galaxy/2 that's for sure. Super Smash Bros. Wii U will literally smash SM3DW's sales.

sligeach wrote: »
    I don't think and hope they don't spoil everything. Smash Bros. sells itself. SM3DW needed to convince people. Remember its first reveal trailer? Awful, simply awful. It got a huge backlash after that and I still haven't bought it. Yes the finished product was so much bet but there's something about it that just doesn't sit right with me. It's too casual, too easy and I don't like that they used a cookie-cutter for it. It's no Galaxy/2 that's for sure. Super Smash Bros. Wii U will literally smash SM3DW's sales.

3D World is too easy yet you haven't bought it? :confused: It's far from easy in the later levels and a better game than both Galaxy titles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

3D World is too easy yet you haven't bought it? :confused: It's far from easy in the later levels and a better game than both Galaxy titles.

Woah woah woah. Hold on there. It's an excellent game but the Galaxy games are superior. They're absolute masterpieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Woah woah woah. Hold on there. It's an excellent game but the Galaxy games are superior. They're absolute masterpieces.

God damn right!

Edit: f*ckin cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

My Bayonetta 2 has been posted by amazon! Should be finished Shadow of Mordor by the weekend and straight into this on arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How about: 3D World is great and the Galaxy games are great and all 3 must be experienced.

Better?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Cormac... wrote: »
    Not Wii U, but more Wii related. My missus is a big fan of Mario games, DK games, Kirby games and Zelda games. Would she enjoy Kirbys Epic Yarn and Super Paper Mario (Wii)?

Super Paper Mario almost perfectly married the platforming aspects of Mario with the exploring aspects of Zelda. I loved every minute of it, and predict your missus would too.

See that's what the defenders say about the game when it's mentioned that it's too easy. So stroll through 95% of the game just to get a handful of difficult levels at the end? No thanks.

You lost all credibility saying SM3DW is better than Galaxy and it's also blasphemous.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    How about: 3D World is great and the Galaxy games are great and all 3 must be experienced.

Better?

No. SM3DW isn't even fit to lick let alone lace the pair of Galaxy's boots.

See that's what the defenders say about the game when it's mentioned that it's too easy. So stroll through 95% of the game just to get a handful of difficult levels at the end? No thanks.

You lost all credibility saying SM3DW is better than Galaxy and it's also blasphemous.
    No. SM3DW isn't even fit to lick let alone lace the pair of Galaxy's boots.

I'll entertain your opinion when you've actually played the game. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

sweetie wrote: »
    My Bayonetta 2 has been posted by amazon! Should be finished Shadow of Mordor by the weekend and straight into this on arrival.

Mine still has status "Pre-ordered" :(
    But at least they upgraded it to Special Edition incl. Bayo1 :)

• Advertisement

I'll entertain your opinion when you've actually played the game. :rolleyes:

I don't need to. I've read it enough of times to know it's so.

"I should note that Super Mario 3D World shows a little restraint at first, and the initial four overworld areas don’t present much of a challenge for veteran Mario players. Eventually, later stages (and particularly some of the post-game worlds after the eight main ones) provide a maddening reminder that platformers can still offer a stiff challenge, even for us self-proclaimed experts."

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/11/19/super-mario-3d-world-review

I've never played Superman 64 either, never will. I don't need to be scarred by playing it to know it's one of the worst games of all time. It's a commonly held view said on so many occasions by so many reviews and on so many forums that they can't all be lying about either game about the respective point. It's just one point about the game. I'm not saying it's an ugly game because it's not, the opposite in fact.

You point about opinion could be turned to absolutely anything in life.

Advertisement