Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

sligeach wrote: »
    I don't need to. I've read it enough of times to know it's so.

Like.....seriously?

It's also far from '95%' of the game that's easy. I absolutely love Galaxy but 3D World definitely stands on it's own too, it's actually a shame you haven't played it.

What happens if you get 2 different reviews for a game? what happens then? Do you actually play the game then to see which one is right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Man, saying 95% is easy is way over the top. The difficulty picks up way before that. The endgame is fairly substantial also, it's not a tiny amount of extra levels or anything.

Even if the 1st few Worlds are easy, they're still unbelievably enjoyable and varied. 3D World was my favourite game on any platform last year.

I'd also like to point out that very similar things were said about the 1st Galaxy game also at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So someone loses credibility by saying 3D World is better than Galaxy yet you compare it to Superman 64?

And if basing it on what you read, are you ignoring the reviews that bring it up to over 90 in metacritic?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Stop fighting!! Stop it!!

Jeaysus. No fighting in the Nintendo forum. We need to stick together!

No we don't! :)

No sign of Bayonetta or Tropical Freeze shipping. So will be Majora this weekend.

Edit: Just got mail to say Bayonetta Special Edition has been shipped. So Tuesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,749 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So someone loses credibility by saying 3D World is better than Galaxy yet you compare it to Superman 64?

And if basing it on what you read, are you ignoring the reviews that bring it up to over 90 in metacritic?

I'm not comparing it to Superman 64. You didn't read what I wrote properly. I haven't played Superman 64 yet I know and a lot of other people who haven't played it know it's garbage. Are we allowed say that even though we haven't played it? Are you allowed say anything unless you've been there, done that and worn the T-shirt?

I never said SM3DW is a bad game, I said it's easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Sure, Sonic is better than Mario anyway *ducks*

Bayonetta dispatch mail! JOY!

Sligeach - if you get a chance, give it a go. Even the really easy bits are just loaded with that kind of wonder that made Yoshi's Island and Mario 64 and SMW worth playing. And it's not that easy, but it's not chock full of rage-quit moments either. (Although if you're aiming for 3 stars and a pole-topper finish it gets pretty frustrating!) It's very well balanced. It's like Kinder Bueno. Yes, it's aimed at squarely kids but it's ****ing delicious no matter what age you are.

Hey hey! Hyrule Dispatch Email too!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

No. SM3DW isn't even fit to lick let alone lace the pair of Galaxy's boots.

I loved SM3DW. The best Mario since SMG2.

Corholio wrote: »
    [/B]

Like.....seriously?

It's also far from '95%' of the game that's easy. I absolutely love Galaxy but 3D World definitely stands on it's own too, it's actually a shame you haven't played it.

What happens if you get 2 different reviews for a game? what happens then? Do you actually play the game then to see which one is right?

I said it's a point that has been stated over and over again. I've watched videos of the game and some of the levels admittedly early in the game have 0 challenge to them. I know why but still that's no good to me.

I said it's a point that has been stated over and over again. I've watched videos of the game and some of the levels admittedly early in the game have 0 challenge to them. I know why but still that's no good to me.

Are all your favourite games the ones that have got the best reviews then? It's not just about challenge, some of the level design is wonderful and it you want to fully complete every level it actually isn't that easy at all.

Definitely one of the best games of the past 5 years.

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »
    Are all your favourite games the ones that have got the best reviews then? It's not just about challenge, some of the level design is wonderful and it you want to fully complete every level it actually isn't that easy at all.

Definitely one of the best games of the past 5 years.

No. To name a few games on the Wii U I own: Nintendo Land, Resident Evil Revelations, Sonic All Star Racing Transformed, Zombi U and FIFA 13. All of which have scored 80% or lower overall on Metacritic. Of course reviews are a factor, otherwise nobody would bother both writing them and/or reading them but it's not the only factor.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

You point about opinion could be turned to absolutely anything in life.

Correct. When you have zero experience about a subject matter, your opinion on it isn't worth much. Like the below:
    No. SM3DW isn't even fit to lick let alone lace the pair of Galaxy's boots.

Anyway, you don't like 3D World, that's cool. Maybe some day in the future you'll give it a bash, it's very good.

Re: the Bayonetta posts - mine dispatched earlier today so might get it Fri night/Sat morning if lucky. Would be sweet to give it a bash over the long weekend. :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's hard to issue an opinion described as Your Opinion of it is entirely described as based on reading other people's opinions, it's really not your own opinion, and so you should before open to being corrected.
    Actually trying something and therefore actually having the experience to base an opinion on is what one would accept as Your Opinion.
    This is particularly true in terms of media that is designed and served to us like videogames, TV, movies and books.
    Not as true with having ones skin peeled off, not sure one has to be in that moment in order to divine it isn't for you.

But Super Mario 3D World is a stunning game with vast amounts of creativity and fun, with something new around every corner.
    To me it was like playing Super Mario 64 again and, a such as I loved the Galaxy titles, they felt very much like a straight evolution from that game.
    The only Mario title that is similar to Super Mario 3D World is Super Mario 3D Land on the 3ds, which is also excellent.

Watched the Smash Direct and there was a lot revealed such as:
    8 player multiplayer
    Stage Builder

As I'm not a Smash player I won't post anything else in case they're spoilers and don't have the exact details for the rewards for owning the game on both platforms.

That was one hell of a Smash Direct. The game is literally bursting at the seams. It almost seems like daylight robbery only paying €50-55 for the game. There's too much to mention or where do you even start?

Wii U - Super Smash Bros. for Wii U 50-Fact Extravaganza

*Smash Direct spoilers ahead*

Probably one of the most sensational preview videos of a game I've ever seen. Don't even know where to start, those little mini games of past Nintendo titles is a genius idea. Stage builder....8 player......Mewtwo......That Koopa trailer.......Ridley......Master Fortress......and on and on....

I'm glad they didn't show any of that at E3 and kept a lot of it until now, can't imagine hype for the game as big as it would be after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The Smash direct looked awesome, all I need to figure out now is how I am gonna have time to play all these great games coming out in the next 2 months.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ugh, I really need my new Gamepad :( I miss it!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Where do you get replacement gamepads, cherryghost? Direct from Nintendo, or from an online retailer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

There's a few on ebay.

Have you tried contacting Nintendo to see if they'll sell you a gamepad? If they would, it's worth comparing the price to the ones on ebay at least!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Nintendo won't provide any information with regards to the replacement until I provide a full police statement, which the Gardai have not provided yet. Almost a month onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

>_<

Afraid that someone will buy a gamepad off them with no Wii U?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Get the name of the Garda and the station telephone number, then call Ninty and ask them to ring the Garda. I had an issue with them that went on for 6 months or so, one guy in Ninty's support desk called Colin sorted it in about a day and a half once he picked the phone up. Then sent me a weird greeting card signed by the staff of the call centre :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Banjo wrote: »
    Get the name of the Garda and the station telephone number, then call Ninty and ask them to ring the Garda. I had an issue with them that went on for 6 months or so, one guy in Ninty's support desk called Colin sorted it in about a day and a half once he picked the phone up. Then sent me a weird greeting card signed by the staff of the call centre :)

It's the free employee mushrooms that day that must have done it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Argos have Bayonetta 1 and 2 up to order. Steep at €58.99.

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=+325%2F7702

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Argos have Bayonetta 1 and 2 up to order. Steep at €58.99.

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=+325%2F7702

Steep, but good to know. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭Nollog

Nintendo won't provide any information with regards to the replacement until I provide a full police statement, which the Gardai have not provided yet. Almost a month onwards.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91427459&postcount=2427

This was about 2 or 3 months after launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Ugh, I really need my new Gamepad :( I miss it!

what ive read so far is that wiiu only designed use only one gamepad with one wii u console, so unfair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

So if you're gamepad becomes damaged over time just from general wear and tear you can't replace it? That's insane.

Advertisement