Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    what ive read so far is that wiiu only designed use only one gamepad with one wii u console, so unfair
    The gamepad is essentially half the console I'd say it cost more than the other half to buy new so probably a new console would be a better option.
    I remember reading somewhere that if you contact nintendo they may sell you just the gamepad depending on circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Any recommendations for eShop downloads? Only have NES remix at the moment and its impossible to discover games on the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Any recommendations for eShop downloads? Only have NES remix at the moment and its impossible to discover games on the shop

Scram Kitty, it's really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

bayonetta 2 €49.99

bayonetta 1 €29.99

• Registered Users Posts: 17,749 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

NES Remix? God love you. No wonder you need recommendations.

Stealth Inc. 2, SteamWorld Dig are out now and Shovel Knight is coming out next month if you're patient. All 3 are definite purchases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

@Cherryghost, not the greatest price ever, but it's slightly cheaper than I've seen. There is also the possibility of putting in an offer. I'd imagine you need to use Parcel Motel..

Obviously a brand new one would be better, but that also depends on how much Nintendo plan on charging when it's sorted.

Anyway - Make an offer or Instant Buy for £89.98GBP Delivered to Parcel Motel.

sligeach wrote: »
    NES Remix? God love you. No wonder you need recommendations.

Stealth Inc. 2, SteamWorld Dig are out now and Shovel Knight is coming out next month if you're patient. All 3 are definite purchases.

Have to say I think you're in the minority there with NES Remix. I thought it was pretty enjoyable and it was even voted the 2013's best Wiiware title in the main Games forum's awards.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Any idea what Shovel Knight will be priced at when it releases on the 3DS eshop?

Any idea what Shovel Knight will be priced at when it releases on the 3DS eshop?

It's $14.99 in the U.S, so probably €14.99 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Cool, thanks!

I haven't looked into it too much, but I've heard nothing but good things. I might have to buy it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

LOL playboy and nintendo teamed up, Dont worry tis suitable for work ;)

http://www.nichegamer.net/2014/10/nintendo-teams-up-with-playboy-to-promote-bayonetta-2/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Have to say I think you're in the minority there with NES Remix. I thought it was pretty enjoyable and it was even voted the 2013's best Wiiware title in the main Games forum's awards.

+1 on NES Remix, a cracking game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

My Bayo twin pack is probably waiting in the office and I'm torturing myself by browsing my friends posts on miiverse....grrrrrrrrrrr.....

check out Nintendo premium if you have enough stars you turn those stars into eshop cash credit into money to spend on eshop

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Not really digging my new Wii U so far.

It's spent the last hour or so repeatedly failing to update the system software.

EDIT: Seriously, this thing is probably going to get packed back up and brought back to the shop if this **** continues, first time i'll have done that with a piece of electronics. Utterly ridiculous and i've never run into a problem like it before. It's literally 6 feet from my router and the update won't download. And you can't do it from USB or any other method that will actually work properly like it should.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

It's spent the last hour or so repeatedly failing to update the system software.
    That sucks but trust me it's the console you'll enjoy playing more that the others. The games are more enjoyable and better quality than anything on other next gen games ive played.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

EDIT: Seriously, this thing is probably going to get packed back up and brought back to the shop if this **** continues, first time i'll have done that with a piece of electronics. Utterly ridiculous and i've never run into a problem like it before. It's literally 6 feet from my router and the update won't download. And you can't do it from USB or any other method that will actually work properly like it should.

Try setting it to Manual DNS first: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1138/~/how-to-manually-enter-dns-settings

anyone awake for an impromtu race in mario kart 8? cmon ther has to be some of yez awake?

gamepad give you advantage in mk8 to do the stunts automatically by flicking gamepad

set up a quick tourny for all thats are online on boards now :D

• Advertisement

What's your NNID? Might pop on for a bit in ten minutes

tourny id 5114-2781-4598

all welcome! if you feel like a race log on :)

tourny id 5114-2781-4598

all welcome! if you feel like a race log on :)

Currently spectating, cya in a bit

****e that backfired! i though i had time to reverse over the line :D

smokingman wrote: »
    Currently spectating, cya in a bit

goodgame man :) im off that was good craic

goodgame man :) im off that was good craic

Savage! Was good craic alright; have to get you on my friends list so we can chat between races.
    Edit: followed you into the next har looking to get your NNID, can you post it up here?

sure man its Eagle_nebula_007 add me anyone that wants ta :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Bollocks. Would've joined in but i had friends over.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Bollocks. Would've joined in but i had friends over.

You sure? Seems to me that if they were friends they'd have let you play... :-)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Xenji wrote: »
    I have honestly never seen you say a positive thing about a game or a system, I could be wrong though so not gonna say you're a troll, but you seem very hard to please!

I'm am hard to please, been gaming for decades so i sort of miss the "put in cartridge/disc and game just works" stuff.

Stuff needs patching/updating/constant connections nowadays and when it works i don't mind but when stuff like my new console taking 2 hours to update happens it annoys me. Or when something like Driveclub doesn't work fully after nearly 3 weeks.

Anyway, the Wii U updated eventually but i haven't played it yet because it was too late last night and i have to go to work soon. YAY VIDEOGAMES!

Advertisement