Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Pre-loading is coming to Nintendo 3DS (2015) and Wii U (2014) starting with SSB.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

smokingman wrote: »
    I have indeed, spent ages on that game and seeing the Miis of friends on billboards or speed trap tables brought out a particular competitiveness in me. After getting murdered in CoD by ten year olds, it was far more satisfying pitching at target times instead of facing my enemy directly!

By the way Sofiztikated, post up your NNID and I'll add you so you have some times to beat ;)

NNID added to signature. Tis the same as user name here.

Yeah, if anyone wants to add me, please do. I'm a billy no mates at the moment.

When you are entered the eShop, the little rolly game thingy, does that actually do anything, or is it just there to infuriate you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

When you are entered the eShop, the little rolly game thingy, does that actually do anything, or is it just there to infuriate you?

It does nothing. I won it twice in one load. Was hoping for a fanfare or an eshop discount. Nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I won it matching a Zelda pic. Then had Zelda music playing in the eshop. May be a coincidence as was about the time of Hyrule Warriors

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

This bundle only appears to be available via the Nintendo UK store (I dont think they deliver to Ireland)

Does anyone know if this will be released into stores soon?

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/wii-u-hardware/wii-u-mario-kart-8-mega-bundle/11028977.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

NNID added to signature. Tis the same as user name here.

Yeah, if anyone wants to add me, please do. I'm a billy no mates at the moment.

I'll add you tonight after 9:30. You'll need to go into miiverse and confirm the friend request and then try need for speed ;) best of luck!

smokingman wrote: »
    I'll add you tonight after 9:30. You'll need to go into miiverse and confirm the friend request and then try need for speed ;) best of luck!

Hi Gizzy, request waiting for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Nice one guys.

Unfortunately, life sucks, and I'm unlikely to get in any WiiU anytime soon. Dealing with some serious **** at the moment.

But I'll get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I was sitting in, minding my own business, and I heard a knock on the window. I went out to answer, and it was a friend of mine that I hadn't seen in ages, walking home from the pub.
    Long story short, after a few of his funny smelling cigarettes, I just bought Cocoto Magic Circus 2 with 2 Guns for €33.75 delivered..
    I'm pretty sure it'll go untouched for a long long long time (if ever). I was looking at it, and just went for it...

puvD4nH.jpg

I'm now unsure if I regret it.... :o

EDIT:
    Starting to regret it.. but it's still cheaper than anywhere else... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Nice one guys.

Unfortunately, life sucks, and I'm unlikely to get in any WiiU anytime soon. Dealing with some serious **** at the moment.

But I'll get there.

Hope everything turns out alright.

• Advertisement

Nice one guys.

But I'll get there.
    If you ever need anyone to throw a shell at, we're all right here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,749 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Allyall wrote: »
    I was sitting in, minding my own business, and I heard a knock on the window. I went out to answer, and it was a friend of mine that I hadn't seen in ages, walking home from the pub.
    Long story short, after a few of his funny smelling cigarettes, I just bought Cocoto Magic Circus 2 with 2 Guns for €33.75 delivered..
    I'm pretty sure it'll go untouched for a long long long time (if ever). I was looking at it, and just went for it...

puvD4nH.jpg

EDIT:

Words fail at moments like this. WTF! Seriously, you need help. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The previous game in the series can be bought, with the gun, in CEX for bugger all.
    Reviews suggest it sucks donkey parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Some good news about Smash Bros!
    You know how we said Super #SmashBros. for #WiiU would arrive in December in Europe? Change of plan: 28/11/2014

The Super Smash Bros. for Wii U + GameCube Controller Adapter for Wii U bundle now arrives in Europe on 28/11

Coming out here a little earlier.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The previous game in the series can be bought, with the gun, in CEX for bugger all.
    Reviews suggest it sucks donkey parts.

I know.. :(

I can only blame the smelly smoke... I was on Priceminister, and I was looking for a game. then after he left, I still had the site open. It will most likely never be opened.
    Worst of all, for the sake of buying something, I did the maths this morning and I could've bought all of these (on the same site):
    Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth
    and
    Assassins Creed III
    and
    Orochi Warriors 3 Hyper
    and
    Fifa 13
    and
    Family Party
    and maybe one or two others with the coupon codes for the same price..
    :(

It's done now anyway, so hopefully it'll look pretty on the shelf.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Allyall wrote: »

puvD4nH.jpg

EDIT:

What, in the name of God, is that!?

What, in the name of God, is that!?
    http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/uEsE7bVD4oyw2BWN_EBJSuggaZhLOV8V

It's not a particularly nice looking game, it doesn't look like a whole lot of fun to play (I think even my young nieces might find it boring), I don't think it has an endearing main character.. I'm past regret. I'm going to check if it's too late to cancel..

:o:o:o

I was looking at a list of Wii U games.. I don't honestly know what I was thinking..

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If it's any consolation, at least the guns look better balanced than the HOTD:Overkill hand cannons, which give ya hand cramps and "the claw" after extended play sessions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Question about smash wii u, will it work with a pro controller? Or is there any need for the gamecube adapter? I see a bundle on amazon with the adapter and one without, its not really worth getting if the pro controller works with it. Is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Question about smash wii u, will it work with a pro controller? Or is there any need for the gamecube adapter? I see a bundle on amazon with the adapter and one without, its not really worth getting if the pro controller works with it. Is it?

The Pro controller works. The GameCube adaptor is for people who consider the Gamecube controller to be "the" proper Smash controller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

I believe it works with ALL controllers. I ordered the Gamecube adapter bundle simply because I have a couple of GC controllers laying around that would be handy for multiplayer.

On a related note, is there a Smash thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I still can't fathom a reason as to why Ninty have released Metroid: Zero Mission on the Japanese Wii-U VC, yet refuse to do so for the US and PAL equivalents. It's gone in Final Fantasy 6 on the GBA territory of there not being even a cart-only version for less than €35. There's even a feckin' bootleg fetching £20 on eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Well this is new....

Smash Bros will now be released on the 28th November in Europe instead of the 5th December. Great news.

B1RGM4cCMAAj-nD.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Corholio wrote: »
    Well this is new....

Smash Bros will now be released on the 28th November in Europe instead of the 5th December. Great news.

same day as the amiibos are launched, doh more money :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Corholio wrote: »
    Well this is new....

B1RGM4cCMAAj-nD.png

Well that makes a lot more sense! Same day as Pokemon now though :eek:
    Bet the Mario kart DLC will be same day too :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Time to start saving!
    Though I also need a two player control panel for my cab.

I did try not to post shots like this on miiverse, honestly.....

...but really, the trouser snake joke needed to be said! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Though I also need a two player control panel for my cab.

They're overrated imo, unless you're a Street Fighter nut with like minded mates. It feels so unnatural playing off-centre once you're used to a single player cp, and rubbish for shmups. ;)

• Very hard to find an article that indicates all of the Wii U features as of the latest firmware update.

Any ideas? I'm trying to gather as much information on the console.

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    They're overrated imo, unless you're a Street Fighter nut with like minded mates. It feels so unnatural playing off-centre once you're used to a single player cp, and rubbish for shmups. ;)

I need it for Robotron!

Advertisement