Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Any idea what the trade in value on zombie u is?? Just wants games that I can play on gamepad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

madmoe wrote: »
    Price wise much of a difference??

Between zavvi/thehut and buying here?
    zombiu and nsmbu cost me 45 euro each from them.
    I think gamestop are selling them for 60 or 70 euro.
    I saw nintendoland in tesco for 60, the only wii u game they had.
    I don't mind getting games a few days late, but the last 4 games I ordered from them, 3 got lost and a months waiting time is too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I don't mind getting games a few days late, but the last 4 games I ordered from them, 3 got lost and a months waiting time is too much.

Ordering from them in Sterling and getting it delivered to UK Parcel Motel seems much more reliable. Got my WiiU in two days doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Has anyone bought an external hard disk for the Wii U yet?

I have the 32gb version so will there be much need to get one? Haven't heard too much about the size of downloads/installations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Feck! Big difference especially if buying a few games!!

• Advertisement

Has anyone bought an external hard disk for the Wii U yet?

I have the 32gb version so will there be much need to get one? Haven't heard too much about the size of downloads/installations.
    Demos are usually around 1 or 2 GB.
    I think zombiU was 1.4GB, trine 2 is 1.5GB I think.
    If you want a lot of demos or eshop games you might want to look into it.

If you have a large SD card you're not using you can get an SD to USB adapter on ebay for a euro and use that.
    I didn't notice any difference in speeds between that and a proper hard drive.
    Hard drive probably be better in the long run though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

As far as I remember, I think Trine 2 was 1.9GB

• Registered Users Posts: 7,775 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Demos are usually around 1 or 2 GB.
    I think zombiU was 1.4GB, trine 2 is 1.5GB I think.
    If you want a lot of demos or eshop games you might want to look into it.

If you have a large SD card you're not using you can get an SD to USB adapter on ebay for a euro and use that.
    I didn't notice any difference in speeds between that and a proper hard drive.
    Hard drive probably be better in the long run though.

Thought I read somewhere that demos have limited number of uses or game time (and so you would probably end up deleting them after a short time)?

Could have been one specific game demo that had that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Thought I read somewhere that demos have limited number of uses or game time (and so you would probably end up deleting them after a short time)?

It's all of them. Nintendo said it's a decision made by the game developers.

You can play them forever if you just keep them open.
    The limit is (on FIFA) 10 starts, but as much time as you want once it's loaded.
    The number is down to the developer, and having it at all is too, but they all probably will limit the plays, just like region-locking is down to the developer too.

• Advertisement

Sending my WiiU off for repair in the morning... hope they don't notice the botched WiiFlow loader install and just reflash the firmware or whatever. I'd like to be able to use Virtual Wii mode again...

Achilles wrote: »
    Sending my WiiU off for repair in the morning... hope they don't notice the botched WiiFlow loader install and just reflash the firmware or whatever. I'd like to be able to use Virtual Wii mode again...

Fingers crossed!!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Wait...WHAAAAAAAAAAAA??? They already cracked the yoke??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Andy!! wrote: »

Wii mode on the Wii U is vulnerable to the usual Wii exploit. Its totally seperate from a Wii U exploit, this is contained user mode not kernel mode

Andy!! wrote: »

They hadn't cracked vWii properly by the time that I had tried to hack it, I was being naive thinking that most of the known hacks would work for it. It's sitting here in a big box beside me in work now waiting to be brought around the corner to the post office.

Turn around time should only be a few working days, their repair centres are apparently quite fast.

They hadn't cracked vWii properly by the time that I had tried to hack it, I was being naive thinking that most of the known hacks would work for it. It's sitting here in a big box beside me in work now waiting to be brought around the corner to the post office.

Turn around time should only be a few working days, their repair centres are apparently quite fast.

So I guess when you get it back it will be straight back into getting WiiFlow working in vWii mode!? ;-)

madmoe wrote: »
    So I guess when you get it back it will be straight back into getting WiiFlow working in vWii mode!? ;-)

Possibly.

Just took it to the local post office though and they told me that the shipping label that Nintendo sent out to me doesn't exist, brought it back to work and called An Post customer support to be told that it does exist and that they should have accepted it but that it's not insured.

Basically if it goes missing I'm fecked. Calling Nintendo now to see if they'll reimburse registered shipping costs.

This is a giant pain in the goolies.

Possibly.

Just took it to the local post office though and they told me that the shipping label that Nintendo sent out to me doesn't exist, brought it back to work and called An Post customer support to be told that it does exist and that they should have accepted it but that it's not insured.

Basically if it goes missing I'm fecked. Calling Nintendo now to see if they'll reimburse registered shipping costs.

This is a giant pain in the goolies.

Big time!!

Are there any issues with it other than the broken vWii?

Are there any issues with it other than the broken vWii?

No. So I called up An Post customer service and their response was 'erm yeah the code on that label is correct they should have scanned it in and sent it off to it's destination'.

GRRR!!! Gonna try a different nearby post office just before lunch time.

• Advertisement

I'd say chances are, if they know what they're doing, they will probably notice that! O_o
    Hope that everything is ok with it though, and you get it back as hoped!

I'd say chances are, if they know what they're doing, they will probably notice that! O_o
    Hope that everything is ok with it though, and you get it back as hoped!

I know but as I said before the worst thing that will happen is that it'll be sent back unrepaired that's why I'm taking my chances. They have such a fast turnaround time that I'm hoping that they just reflash the system software.

So the second post office I took it too didn't even bat an eyelid at the prepaid slip thingy, they said it was fine.

I don't know what the auld bints in the other place were playing at... anyway my WiiU is now on it's way back to the UK from whence it came. I'll keep an eye on the repair website and keep whoever gives a crap posted about it's progress.

So the second post office I took it too didn't even bat an eyelid at the prepaid slip thingy, they said it was fine.

I don't know what the auld bints in the other place were playing at... anyway my WiiU is now on it's way back to the UK from whence it came. I'll keep an eye on the repair website and keep whoever gives a crap posted about it's progress.

Good stuff! Please do keep us posted and more so on how the reinstall of WiiFlow in vWii goes once ya get it back ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

I wish they'd hurry up and release some more titles for the WiiU. I have ZombiU and Mario Bros, the only other game currently out that i'm in any way bothered about getting is Tank Tank Tank and i'm kinda meh on that...

I wish they'd hurry up and release some more titles for the WiiU. I have ZombiU and Mario Bros, the only other game currently out that i'm in any way bothered about getting is Tank Tank Tank and i'm kinda meh on that...

Mass effect 3 is amazing if u haven't played it before and there are catch up interactive comics of mass effect 1 & 2 to sort u out story wise. Such an amazing game and playable on gamepad. Blops 2 is good too

Ok the little fella has a €50 HMV voucher sitting here, & after reading about HMV in AH there I think its time to redeem that bad boy. What Wii U game is best advised here, he already has Zombi U?

He has BLOPS2 on the 360 already...would Mass Effect 3 go over his head being only 10 & not having played the others? Ideally I was gonna keep the voucher of Lego City Undercover or Aliens Colonial Marines but I don't want to waste the voucher if HMV suddenly cease trading...

EnterNow wrote: »
    Ok the little fella has a €50 HMV voucher sitting here, & after reading about HMV in AH there I think its time to redeem that bad boy. What Wii U game is best advised here, he already has Zombi U?

He has BLOPS2 on the 360 already...would Mass Effect 3 go over his head being only 10 & not having played the others? Ideally I was gonna keep the voucher of Lego City Undercover or Aliens Colonial Marines but I don't want to waste the voucher if HMV suddenly cease trading...

Mass effect story is quiet complex well for a 10 year old anyway, what about batman or assasain creed 3 ??

Mass effect story is quiet complex well for a 10 year old anyway, what about batman or assasain creed 3 ??

He has AC3 on the 360, not sure about Batman though that could be a runner...is it any good on the Wii U, say over the 360 where it can be bought cheaper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Sonic Racing Transformed is very good and Wii U version is the best.

Advertisement