Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Who us this Shamus you keep mentioning?
    Do you mean Samus?
    Because Samus is a bad ass intergalactic bounty hunter, encased in awesome armour and kicking Space Pirate backside.
    On the other hand Shamus is a smelly fecker who smokes roll ups down the pub, encased in a stained World Cup 91 football jersey and stinks of Guinness farts and body odour.

Bloody autocorrect... :o

Was World Cup 91? Was that this one? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Star Lord wrote: »

Was World Cup 91? Was that this one? :pac:

If I'm honest, I hadn't actually twigged the World Cup '91 reference was wrong.. :o

(At least for the more well known World Cup.. )

Allyall wrote: »
    If I'm honest, I hadn't actually twigged the World Cup '91 reference was wrong.. :o

(At least for the more well known World Cup.. )

Italia '90, whole country went football mad. Only time in my life that I've ever been interested in football!

Reading Roddy Doyle' s "The Van" brought loads of it back!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Capcom had a test run of a 'Luigi's Mansion' Arcade game in Japan over the weekend. Pretty cool.

B1fsclLCYAAhw4G.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have no interest in football at all, but someone like Shamus would probably own a misprinted shirt anyway.
    He likes bacon and cabbage as well.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I have no interest in football at all, but someone like Shamus would probably own a misprinted shirt anyway.
    He likes bacon and cabbage as well.

You leave Shamus alone!
    Shamus+2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

if you are interest playing wiiu games and more and gaming tournaments then come eirtakon croke park 21st-23rd november

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    if you are interest playing wiiu games and more and gaming tournaments then come eirtakon croke park 21st-23rd november

I can't, crowds of gamers make me afraid and seek the comfort of home... Unless it's the Arcade and Retro crew, then I'm sound as a pound!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,749 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

nintendo-direct-656x369.jpg

Nintendo Direct tomorrow 10 p.m Irish time focusing on “titles releasing by the end of this year, while looking ahead to 2015.”
    original.jpg

get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fi.minus.com%2FibdS2ci8nfaxBA.gif&key=0qivnc0Ftcbb00hlzGgRIg&w=600&h=202

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

sligeach wrote: »
    nintendo-direct-656x369.jpg

Nintendo Direct tomorrow 10 p.m Irish time focusing on “titles releasing by the end of this year, while looking ahead to 2015.”
    original.jpg

get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fi.minus.com%2FibdS2ci8nfaxBA.gif&key=0qivnc0Ftcbb00hlzGgRIg&w=600&h=202

Must. Not. Feed. Troll.

• Advertisement

Must. Not. Feed. Troll.

It's not trolling. It's a funny gif with a Nintendo Direct reference. We haven't had a Wii U Direct in ages outside of specific games. Here we might have a chance of seeing a bit more of Zelda or Xenoblablade Chronicles: X. I know it's a remote chance but there's a better chance of surprises. A troll wouldn't tell you it's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The constant need to regurgitate the same point over and over is quite tiresome.

757682.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

It's not trolling. It's a funny gif with a Nintendo Direct reference. We haven't had a Wii U Direct in ages outside of specific games. Here we might have a chance of seeing a bit more of Zelda or Xenoblablade Chronicles: X. I know it's a remote chance but there's a better chance of surprises. A troll wouldn't tell you it's happening.

Personally I don't think its funny at all as its the same old rubbish that's been churned out by ninty haters from the inception of this console. Even now when it has a vastly superior library to its so called next gen competitors.

Personally I don't think its funny at all as its the same old rubbish that's been churned out by ninty haters from the inception of this console. Even now when it has a vastly superior library to its so called next gen competitors.

I'm not a Nintendo hater though. I'm the complete polar opposite and I agree it has a vastly superior library to its so called next gen competitors. Like I said it was a reference to a Nintendo Direct, it had nothing to do with the games bit.

Why did nobody tell me such a magnificent site existed?? :eek::)

http://playboxie.com/

m9zjBj0.png?1

I'm not a Nintendo hater though. I'm the complete polar opposite and I agree it has a vastly superior library to its so called next gen competitors. Like I said it was a reference to a Nintendo Direct, it had nothing to do with the games bit.

No trolling that I could see.
    We can't be so sensitive about our console of choice, it's just a machine after all, it's the content that matters and the machine has great great content, just not lots and lots of great great content.
    It's arguable we don't need metric tonnes of great content but a few more releases and announcements of upcoming releases wouldn't hurt.
    I still love the WiiU but wish there was more visible development of awesomeness for it.
    That's all.

Not sure the quoted poster was getting into it all though, think they were just being funny, which they were.

Allyall wrote: »
    Why did nobody tell me such a magnificent site existed?? :eek::)

http://playboxie.com/

m9zjBj0.png?1

Thanks for that. Some work, some don't. Just played Curvy. That was enjoyable.

Thanks for that. Some work, some don't. Just played Curvy. That was enjoyable.

I went looking for any other similar sites.. doesn't seem to be. There are a few HTML5 games that aren't on that site, that do work though. It may be worth forwarding them to playboxie to have them all in one place..

I'm going to try these next, but not until after 9. Plugged out the Wii U for a bit.

http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2013/10/30-incredibly-addictive-html5-games/
    http://www.html5games.net/

there's videogaming and comic book, scifi, fantasy conventions eirtakon 21st -23rd november croke park. www.eirtakon.com

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You already said that 9 hours ago. :)

• Advertisement

there's videogaming and comic book, scifi, fantasy conventions december 13th - 14th otaku con dublin red hotel. http://www.otakucondublin.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

It's unfortunate that there's a lack of gaming conventions around these parts. Who knows when one will make it on our shores.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    It's unfortunate that there's a lack of gaming conventions around these parts. Who knows when one will make it on our shores.

ive mention 2 and heres a third a small one winter lan November 15th and 16th in Dublin, Ireland's only gaming and console convention O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel

and always arcade con every july, ballsbridge hotel , nomcom ballsbridge hotel august bank hoilday weekend and always comic con dublin every august around 2nd weekend in august and dice comic con dublin every end of september

• Registered Users Posts: 20,693 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i took the plunge and bought the mario kart bundle from amazon. is it worth getting the wii u pro controller. it's fairly pricey !!!

can you still get the free download game with mario kart ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

2smiggy wrote: »
    i took the plunge and bought the mario kart bundle from amazon. is it worth getting the wii u pro controller. it's fairly pricey !!!

Think it was until the end of November, but I'm not 100%.

Get Pikmin. Well worth it.

EDIT: Scratch that, 31st July. Sorry buddy. Get Pikmin anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

No the deal is finished a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭Nollog

Here we might have a chance of seeing a bit more of Zelda or Xenoblablade Chronicles: X. I know it's a remote chance but there's a better chance of surprises. A troll wouldn't tell you it's happening.

Nah, they have a few first party games to sell you for this Christmas before they talk about 2015/6 games.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Nah, they have a few first party games to sell you for this Christmas before they talk about 2015/6 games.

Yes but you've got to show the long term viability of the console and it's not just current Wii U owners they need to convince of buying games. They need to entice would be buyers of the Wii U and Zelda and X have far more wow factor than Captain Toad and Splatoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

2smiggy wrote: »

I bought one yesterday from Smyths online. It worked out a little cheaper than amazon and was delivered this morning

Great service. Its for my kids xmas pressie

I purchased a 3rd party controller off amazon. It looks good
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CEVEXQ0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,693 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

R.F. wrote: »
    I bought one yesterday from Smyths online. It worked out a little cheaper than amazon and was delivered this morning

Great service. Its for my kids xmas pressie

I purchased a 3rd party controller off amazon. It looks good
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CEVEXQ0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

I checked my amazon orders and it has showed as in transit, only changed in the last hour or so , ah well , it's not much dearer , but i would have got it alot quicker from Smyths.

Advertisement