Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Can anyone recommend a good CD Cleaner/scratch remover?

I don't have any problems yet, but in case.. and they don't seem expensive.

I was looking at this, but it seems it's mostly for jewellery? Is it any good for CD's?
    JPL 7000 Ultrasonic Cleaner
    Or would I be better off going for something like this
    Electric Cleaner & Scratch Repair Machine

Also, if anybody is looking, it may be worth holding out for a week or so for a Wii U Premium.
    FNAC had one this morning with Nintendoland for €186.75 + Shipping to Ireland €15.
    But they removed it after an hour or so. Apparently that is going to be their sale price. It'll have an EU plug, but that isn't hard to sort out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

2smiggy wrote: »
    i took the plunge and bought the mario kart bundle from amazon. is it worth getting the wii u pro controller. it's fairly pricey !!!

can you still get the free download game with mario kart ?

only if want play multiplayer, its compatiible with gamepad , wii u pro controller, wii classic controller, wii remote / plus controller and nunchunk

i remember is about €50 for wii u pro controller while it in pc world its €29.99 in Carrickmines

and nintendo direct is on today from 10pm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Does Carrickmines have one in stock at the moment or are you remembering the glory days of 2013 when you could get them for 20-30 euro depending on the PC World?
    Because I can pop out to Carrickmines later, fondle the box and wish I had €30 to spend. But I don't want it to be a wasted trip if they don't have one in there today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Played some 2 player M3DW with a friend this afternoon.

Best multiplayer game either of us had played in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

HOLY SH!T MAJORAS MASK IS COMING TO THE 3DS!!

• Advertisement

Also mariokart update is on the 13th of november amibos and etc all here

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/11/05/heres-everything-that-happened-during-todays-nintendo-direct

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Can someone explain this Amibo craze for me? so you basically go out and buy this figurine thingy and scan it to your gamepad, and then that character comes alive in-game? but DlC can do this without out all that hassle. Sorry for my ignorance but I'm not seeing the point of this unless I'm missing something drastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,749 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

nocoverart wrote: »
    Can someone explain this Amibo craze for me? so you basically go out and buy this figurine thingy and scan it to your gamepad, and then that character comes alive in-game? but DlC can do this without out all that hassle. Sorry for my ignorance but I'm not seeing the point of this unless I'm missing something drastic.

No I don't see the attraction either. All can be done without amiibo. It's just used as a key to unlock stuff and stats for your fighter on Smash Bros. don't need these. The only good thing is transferring data between Wii U's but how likely is that needed and a memory card is more practical. They've also gone down in quality since the prototypes. They've targeting them at kids..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

This is just beautiful.....

1511909_10152536637716633_7209397012380859550_n.png?oh=50aae7c79dc897af2c95a71c1cc77198&oe=54E81BF9&__gda__=1424124563_a5696cdd56243632b36288473d6e80c3

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Looks like at least some of the confusion over Amibo integration has been cleared up,
    Seems that character Amibos who don't feature in the game will unlock Mii outfits and appropriate power ups,
    2718374-screen+shot+2014-11-05+at+2.16.10+pm+%282%29.png
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mario-kart-dlc-release-date-and-new-tracks-reveale/1100-6423397/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Captain Falcon costume in the Blue Falcon cart will look great! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Mute City track looks great and we only have a week to wait. Loving the insane number of dash strips on it and going over the purple healt strip gives you coins? Genius!

...oh and SNES Rainbow Road?! Saweeeeeet!

I love the SNES Rainbow Road, best of the Rainbow Road tracks. The shortened, single lap RR64 one is a close contender though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Thanks to some swine on Boards, now whenever I read Rainbow Road I hear the "that's the road where we go when we die" song.... Cheers, you magnificent bastache.

Hang on, Link is coming to MarioKart, surely his Amiibo does a bit more than just unlock and outfit?
    Would it be wrong for him to have a Hookshot move that lets him grab other karts and beat the crap out of the driver? I'm really hoping for that feature.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Banjo wrote: »
    Thanks to some swine on Boards, now whenever I read Rainbow Road I hear the "that's the road where we go when we die" song.... Cheers, you magnificent bastache.

Hang on, Link is coming to MarioKart, surely his Amiibo does a bit more than just unlock and outfit?
    Would it be wrong for him to have a Hookshot move that lets him grab other karts and beat the crap out of the driver? I'm really hoping for that feature.

You should have been there for 8 player Double Dash in my place at the last A&R Beers, it was racers dropping all over the place, the only reason Retr0 won was because he fell less than the rest :(

It's called a road, it called a rainbow road, it is a road that you go

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Oh balls! My brain is now broken... "It's got Princess Peach, Mario and the Toad"

"I'm Daisy" still gives me nightmares

Um... Didn't I post that two posts above that? :confused:

• Advertisement

Star Lord wrote: »
    Um... Didn't I post that two posts above that? :confused:

yeah you did sorry only seen that, was browsing on me phone and somehow missed it

yeah you did sorry only seen that, was browsing on me phone and somehow missed it

Ah, edit it back in, people need it in their brains! :D

Edited it back in for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Has anybody played Shovel Knight? Would it be better suited to 3DS or Wii U? I'm leaning towards 3DS at the moment, seems very suited to a handheld.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

duck hunt joins ssb on wiiu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Corholio wrote: »

Do you have to use parcel motel when buying from Nintendo?

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Myrddin wrote: »
    Do you have to use parcel motel when buying from Nintendo?

Yes and they might cancel your order anyway.

Has anyone ordered from the Nintendo site using Parcel Motel? and was it ok?

Majora's Mask box art:

10645162_717645471664605_4057918950810256478_n.jpg?oh=01031256fb0eadcc2f73f722589506ff&oe=54D6DB59&__gda__=1423060449_489d3b6b4e85420e8d1b4a57c745835e

• Registered Users Posts: 20,693 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

so my wii u has arrived by post and is waiting at home for me after work.

I got the mario kart edition, and wii u pro controller.

I have a Wii at home that broke, before I got to play Skyward Sword :( , still have the unopened copy. Do i need the nuncuck and pointer and sensor bar to play on the Wii U ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

2smiggy wrote: »
    so my wii u has arrived by post and is waiting at home for me after work.

I got the mario kart edition, and wii u pro controller.

I have a Wii at home that broke, before I got to play Skyward Sword :( , still have the unopened copy. Do i need the nuncuck and pointer and sensor bar to play on the Wii U ?

You will have a sensor bar if you bought the (Premium) Mario Kart bundle.

Don't forget to sign up to this.

But you will need the Wii Controllers.
    I'm not sure if a Pro Controller will work with that.

Advertisement