Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

2smiggy wrote: »

I have a Wii at home that broke, before I got to play Skyward Sword :( , still have the unopened copy. Do i need the nuncuck and pointer and sensor bar to play on the Wii U ?

Yep you need those.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,749 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

2smiggy wrote: »
    so my wii u has arrived by post and is waiting at home for me after work.

I got the mario kart edition, and wii u pro controller.

I have a Wii at home that broke, before I got to play Skyward Sword :( , still have the unopened copy. Do i need the nuncuck and pointer and sensor bar to play on the Wii U ?

Leave it unopened. Trust me, you're not missing out on anything. It's the worst Zelda game ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

sligeach wrote: »
    Leave it unopened. Trust me, you're not missing out on anything. It's the worst Zelda game ever.

Better than a hell of a lot of games still. Really good game, definitely open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Couldn't disagree more, it's in the top 3 / 4 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Blasphemy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Jaysus no, i very much enjoyed skyward sword, it is a unique zelda title with its controls, to be honest i cant see nintendo doing the wii motion plus controls again, but its something a zelda fan should experience. I really enjoyed the story line too, im curious why do you call it the worst zelda game ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

wiiu sensor bar is compatible with the wii, and i got golden wii motion plus controller free with sky swords, four swords on gamecube is worst zelda ever, or spinoff link's crossbow, or how about spirit tracks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Splatoon really has taken me by surprise ever since its reveal at e3 , just when you think the shooter genre has become mundane Nintendo young team got together whats shaping to be one of the most unique/ crazy platforming shooters I ever seen in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Splatoon really has taken me by surprise ever since its reveal at e3 , just when you think the shooter genre has become mundane Nintendo young team got together whats shaping to be one of the most unique/ crazy platforming shooters I ever seen in a long time.
    Yep.
    I'm really looking forward to it.. :D

Apparently they have a few original other game ideas and addons for the Wii U too. I can't remember where I saw that, but it was a video and they interviewed the same team behind Splatoon.
    They sounded very excited and motivated, which is always good (hopefully :))

Allyall wrote: »
    Yep.
    I'm really looking forward to it.. :D

Apparently they have a few original other game ideas and addons for the Wii U too. I can't remember where I saw that, but it was a video and they interviewed the same team behind Splatoon.
    They sounded very excited and motivated, which is always good (hopefully :))

That may have been in the Treehouse at E3, watched that as well and they were certainly hinting at other game ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

So will majora's mask special edition be a GAME/Nintendo.co.uk exclusive as usual or will we be able to order it from Amazon?

I'm not too bothered really, I'll get the game either way, but are Nintendo in some sort of million year contract with GAME?

Splatoon looks interesting, glad to see there is a big single player.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Open it and enjoy, it's smashin!
    ...and don't listen to him, he's the worst sligeach poster ever

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm wondering about if Majora will be on Amazon as well. they seem to have gotten bad lately, at least for Nintendo. First the whole thing with Bayonetta. Not the pricing fiasco, but the fact they took so long to add the different editions.
    They also haven't updated the Captain Toad release date so they may just be slow at adding Majora as both the new date and the Majora were announced the same day.

Edit: Okay found it through Best Sellers
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Legend-Zelda-Majoras-Nintendo/dp/B00KL4PQ3Q/ref=zg_bs_videogames_16

No Special edition though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I wonder how aware Nintendo are of the lack of options to buy over here, I think they think we're part of or inside the UK.
    I sent an email a while ago, received a reply, but sent it to Nintendo.com.
    I should have emailed Nintendo EU. I'm not on FB or Twitter..

Anyway...
    Does anyone know if One piece Unlimited World Red Day One Edition is the same as the Chopper Edition? Or is that different again, from both Chopper edition and Straw Hat Edition?

I can't find much info and it's a bit confusing. Also, what exactly are the differences?
    For the impatient fans planning on buying the game on its release day (“Day 1”), BANDAI NAMCO Games Europe S.A.S. has prepared a unique offer to show this game’s uniqueness, the “Straw Hat Edition”:

One Piece Unlimited World Red full game
    Exclusive Costumes: 10 outfits – Luffy Strong World Outfit & the Anniversary Pack with 9 outfits commemorating Japan’s 15th anniversary of the One Piece animated series.
    A unique quest where the 2 brothers are re-united: “Flame Fist & Straw Hat”

This terrific Anniversary Pack won’t be sold later!

One Piece Unlimited World Red Day 1 Edition
    Key Holder of Chopper
    10 stickers of the Straw Hat Crew members and the game logo
    Wall scroll of Chopper
    Lanyard with Chopper
    Artbook
    The Takoyaki DLC Pack (3 costumes & 1 quest)

EDIT:
    I read a little more :o
    One Piece Unlimited World Red Day 1 Edition
    Key Holder of Chopper
    10 stickers of the Straw Hat Crew members and the game logo
    Wall scroll of Chopper
    Lanyard with Chopper
    Artbook
    The Takoyaki DLC Pack (3 costumes & 1 quest)

EDIT:

Straw Hat Edition

World Red Internal??

Day One Edition

Corholio wrote: »
    Better than a hell of a lot of games still. Really good game, definitely open it.

Oh it might be better than a lot of games but it's still the worst Zelda. It was a chore, I finished only because when I start something I see it through but it was awful and I was glad when it was over. I love Zelda, I have them all. I bought the Collectors Edition with the gold remote on launch day. It's the only Zelda game I hate and I loved the others.

How people are blind to it's many, many faults I'll never know. I'll name a few, the list is endless. Disjointed world, empty sky, one village, no interesting NPC besides Groose, Fi; the worst companion in the history of gaming, dowsing, few mini games and of what there are they were really poor, couldn't fly at night, the non skippable cut scenes, the constant rehashing of areas, the constant replaying of bosses, the veryend boss that was over in 20 seconds, the musical instrument that you didn't play; just wave left and right, the non existent music. I could go on and on and on.

Painful game. Still have it, it's in pristine condition, never opened anything else, just the game went into the Wii and back into the box when it was finished. People pay a fortune for the Collectors Edition on Ebay. If they only knew how rotten it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Oh it might be better than a lot of games but it's still the worst Zelda. It was a chore, I finished only because when I start something I see it through but it was awful and I was glad when it was over. I love Zelda, I have them all. I bought the Collectors Edition with the gold remote on launch day. It's the only Zelda game I hate and I loved the others.

How people are blind to it's many, many faults I'll never know. I'll name a few, the list is endless. Disjointed world, empty sky, one village, no interesting NPC besides Groose, Fi; the worst companion in the history of gaming, dowsing, few mini games and of what there are they were really poor, couldn't fly at night, the non skippable cut scenes, the constant rehashing of areas, the constant replaying of bosses, the veryend boss that was over in 20 seconds, the musical instrument that you didn't play; just wave left and right, the non existent music. I could go on and on and on.

Painful game. Still have it, it's in pristine condition, never opened anything else, just the game went into the Wii and back into the box when it was finished. People pay a fortune for the Collectors Edition on Ebay. If they only knew how rotten it is.

I have to completely disagree. The only aspect I didn't like was bomb throwing. I loved the game.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    I have to completely disagree. The only aspect I didn't like was bomb throwing. I loved the game.

Bomb throwing was fine. The controls worked really well for the most part except for the constant recalibrating. Some of the boss battles were good. The one with the bombs was very good but honestly it was awful. I was so disappointed. I honestly think Nintendo didn't bother because it was so late in the Wii life cycle and required people to buy motion plus. So they just half @rsed it. Ye must be blind if ye can't see all its faults.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Zelda 2 is the worst Zelda game imo, Skyward Sword was a good game, but not in my top 5.

unlock zora tunic link ocarina of time for hyrule warriors

Bomb throwing was fine. The controls worked really well for the most part except for the constant recalibrating. Some of the boss battles were good. The one with the bombs was very good but honestly it was awful. I was so disappointed. I honestly think Nintendo didn't bother because it was so late in the Wii life cycle and required people to buy motion plus. So they just half @rsed it. Ye must be blind if ye can't see all its faults.

Nahh my sights grand thanks. Not the best Zelda ever but still a really good game. The Temples were excellent in it and the traversing from them to the next area is some of the best in the series. Awful is certainly not a word I would put anywhere near Skyward Sword.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah some great temples, and between the temples was interesting too, and very fun.

What for me massively with Skyward Sword though was all the references and nods to the games that predate it, but come later chronologically. Felt like the world was steeped in LoZ history.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aidonin

I know where you're coming from. It took me ages to finish. One word I'd use to describe it is repetitious. I remember one part, where you go back to the flooded forest for what felt like the 20th time, and just kind of... giving up! I think it was the swimming controls that tipped me over the edge, awful.

hey watch this its about ssb wiiu https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18mat63n7pc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

When is the MK8 dlc out?
    I have them both purchased and I'm waiting patiently for the first of them to be unlocked.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    When is the MK8 dlc out?
    I have them both purchased and I'm waiting patiently for the first of them to be unlocked.

link package opens 28th november the same day that ssb wiiu comes out watch latest nintendo direct that came out last 05/11/2015

plus did you get extra 7 yoshi s and 7 shy guys you should got them as free offer

animal crossing end of may 2015

OMG Amiibo Settings! Wii U System Update 5.3.0 U Tour

That was a painfully slow update. Thank God they're not daily occurrences. That seemed to me like a big update so I'm expecting more than just the amiibo support. It's early doors so we'll see what people sniff out.

More info:
    Next couple of amiibo rounds confirmed for Japan – Shulk, Rosalina, Sonic, Mega Man, and more

Nintendo is releasing amiibo figures in waves. In Japan, there will be eight figures in round two and another three in the third set.

Fan favorites like Shulk and Rosalina will be available in the second set. And perhaps most importantly, the first third-party figures are releasing in the third – Sonic and Mega Man.

Most of the figures pictured above are due out in Japan on January 22. Shulk, Sonic, and Mega Man are the three expected in February.
    Pricing is set at 1,200 yen each.

To summarize:

January 22
    Lucario
    Rosalina
    Bowser
    Toon Link
    Sheik
    Ike
    Meta Knight
    King Dedede

February
    Shulk
    Sonic
    Mega Man

Just as a reminder, this is for Japan only. It’s slightly confusing because the amiibo rounds are different between the west and Japan. We’re getting Zelda, Luigi, and a few others in December, which is round two for us. But Japan is getting all of these figures in their first round at launch.
    thumbnail-1.jpg

thumbnail-10.jpg

thumbnail-2.jpg

thumbnail-3.jpg

thumbnail-4.jpg

thumbnail-5.jpg

thumbnail-6.jpg

thumbnail-7.jpg

thumbnail-8.jpg

thumbnail-9.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

http://nintendoeverything.com/thirdfourth-round-of-amiibo-figures-confirmed-shulk-rosalina-sonic-mega-man-and-more/
    Toon Link amiibo compatible with MK8; Toon Link, Zelda, and Sheik supported in Hyrule Warriors

Nintendo’s Japanese amiibo website confirms additional functionality for some figures.

First, Toon Link will be compatible in Mario Kart 8 – likely another Mii costume. Toon Link, Zelda, and Sheik are also supported in Hyrule Warriors.

You may recall that Nintendo announced amiibo functionality for all of the Smash Bros. figures in Hyrule Warriors during last week’s Nintendo Direct. However, it seems that Toon Link, Zelda, and Sheik will offer unique functionality rather than randomly selected materials, weapons and rupees.

http://nintendoeverything.com/toon-link-amiibo-compatible-with-mk8-toon-link-zelda-and-sheik-supported-in-hyrule-warriors/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    When is the MK8 dlc out?

Out Thursday, anyone want to jump into the boards league online that night?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

smokingman wrote: »

I'm sure there's a good Woohoo gif out there but I can't post it from work.
    Just imagine it's there, reflecting my joy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

smokingman wrote: »

Definitely up for that man, how do i join the boards league?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Definitely up for that man, how do i join the boards league?

When it's set up there will be a code created. Use that to join.

Advertisement