Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

with nintendo amiibo is good to milk it and put nintendo, in number one in games market

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    with nintendo amiibo is good to milk it and put nintendo, in number one in games market

They'll never be number one in the home console market, they simply have little interest developing hardware that can run the types of games that a lot of people want to play, this is reflected on the poor sales of the COD games on the format.
    Perhaps, if they change stance and release a console that outperforms the PS4 and release it in the next 2 years they'll have a chance to attract back that massive majority of the games playing community, but it's unlikely.
    But, if they are happy being the second console in every two console home, I think they will be successful enough to stay in the business of home consoles for some time to come.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    They'll never be number one in the home console market, they simply have little interest developing hardware that can run the types of games that a lot of people want to play, this is reflected on the poor sales of the COD games on the format.
    Perhaps, if they change stance and release a console that outperforms the PS4 and release it in the next 2 years they'll have a chance to attract back that massive majority of the games playing community, but it's unlikely.
    But, if they are happy being the second console in every two console home, I think they will be successful enough to stay in the business of home consoles for some time to come.

for 100 yrs nintendo were just playing cards games markets and now they still making games since 80s, still longest running games company going, pokemon games franchise since 1996

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

for 100 yrs nintendo were just playing cards games markets and now they still making games since 80s, still longest running games company going, pokemon games franchise since 1996

Great. Good luck running FIFA 2015 on a deck of cards. You have not addressed El Cidron's point.

Capitalism doesnt care about heritage, it doesn't care about intent, hell it couldn't give two ****s about basic quality. It favours whatever sells in the largest volume at the highest margin, and right now that ain't no flavour of Nintendo. But there's a whole 'death of the WiiU' thread in /Games to discuss that in.

ive unlock every character except for zant and great fairy in hyrule warriors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

As far as I'm aware, the Great Fairy is a weapon, not a playable character.

winterlan this weekend 15th-16th november

O'Callaghan Alexander Hotel
    Hotel dublin 2

November 15th and 16th in Dublin, Ireland's only eSport event is taking and promises to be bigger and better than anything you've seen here before!

Featured tournaments:
    League of Legends Open Tournament (signup closed)
    League of Legends Invitational (signup closed)
    Starcraft 2 (signup closed)

Casual Gaming Room:
    You'll be able to kick back with your friends in the casual gaming room where we'll be providing free to play consoles to all our ticket holders.

Console Tournaments:
    We'll be running a pay as you go console tournament with cash prize pools for your and your friends to compete in at an entry of €2 per tournament. If you purchase your weekend ticket online or on the door (€20) you'll get 1 free tournament entry. Day pass holders will not get a free entry.

VGC:
    Pokemon VG Premier Challenge Event.
    This event offers Championship points, which are required to qualify for Worlds 2015. The rules for this tournament are VGC rules.

Tickets:
    1 day = €15
    2 days = €20

Rooms: If you wish to stay in the hotel chain of the event, we've organised corporate rates for you and your friends. Fee free to book these with other who are going. 20% payable on booking, the rest on arrival.

Food Promotions at the hotel:
    Ham & Cheese Bap €5.00
    Goujons & Chips €6.00
    Goujons & Sausages €6.00
    Diet Coke & Mars Bar €2.00
    Red Bull & Bar €3.00
    Crisps €1.00
    3 Cocktails to be on offer - €5.00
    Solar Flare
    Noxious Trap
    Nautilus Depth Charge

**NOTE** - Only food and drink purchased in the hotel may be consumed in the hotel. Guest will not be allowed to bring food from outside to the event.

Our SC2 tournament will be administered by All Ireland StarCraft

If you have any questions, please drop them below

Star Lord wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware, the Great Fairy is a weapon, not a playable character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP07xW_uYJc

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yup, and link is there is each of those scenes.

Please stop spamming about the conventions too, as that's effectively what it is at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

rookie mistake replying to wamp. :p

in america people say "nintendo" rather than videogame or console, I think they've been number one since the 80's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Yeah, I thought that. I've played 5 grand prixes from 50-150cc, and didn't come first in one single race.

Edit: Aye aye aye. Wrong thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Just finished Bayonetta one and despite the mass of stone trophies and irritating insta-death qtes, I really enjoyed it. Going to play on for a few nights before opening the sequel though, just to see if I can get my witchin honed...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

smokingman wrote: »
    Just finished Bayonetta one and despite the mass of stone trophies and irritating insta-death qtes, I really enjoyed it. Going to play on for a few nights before opening the sequel though, just to see if I can get my witchin honed...

Good man I haven't played either games yet think I'll get it for Xmas! Enjoy!

The QTEs that jump out at you and don't explain themselves and then kill you for not doing the right thing drive me up the wall. I just got past that
    giant face dragon thing, where to beat it you need to first hit B at exactly the right second - not when it appears on screen, but when the constricting circle around the prompt is exactly the same size as the prompt itself! - and then swirl your stick clockwise. Clockwise you dolt!
    YOU'RE DEAD! I mean, "the Shadow Remains Cast!" and all that but I'm just so sick of getting ****ty overall scores / having to start over despite having a stellar rest-of-the-level just because they wanted me to feel engaged in a cinematic. I don't feel engaged. I'm being reminded that I'm not a super hot super powerful sexdeath machine. And I don't want to be reminded!

Don't get me wrong, it's still a great game and the worst thing that could have happened to Hyrule Warriors... I hear the 2nd one does away with the QTEs so there's a light at the end of the tunnel. It's probably coming from a giant cherubic hydra who's face I'm going to blast with my 18 inch shotgun-heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

A few of the qtes had me wondering what exactly they wanted me to do too, but I usually get them, only in chapter 3 or 4 i think, haven't played it in a bit.

Banjo wrote: »
    The QTEs that jump out at you and don't explain themselves and then kill you for not doing the right thing drive me up the wall. I just got past that
    giant face dragon thing, where to beat it you need to first hit B at exactly the right second - not when it appears on screen, but when the constricting circle around the prompt is exactly the same size as the prompt itself! - and then swirl your stick clockwise. Clockwise you dolt!
    YOU'RE DEAD! I mean, "the Shadow Remains Cast!" and all that but I'm just so sick of getting ****ty overall scores / having to start over despite having a stellar rest-of-the-level just because they wanted me to feel engaged in a cinematic. I don't feel engaged. I'm being reminded that I'm not a super hot super powerful sexdeath machine. And I don't want to be reminded!

Don't get me wrong, it's still a great game and the worst thing that could have happened to Hyrule Warriors... I hear the 2nd one does away with the QTEs so there's a light at the end of the tunnel. It's probably coming from a giant cherubic hydra who's face I'm going to blast with my 18 inch shotgun-heels.
    its better then last zelda spinoff but it was too expensive to be spinoff, it should about same prince as 3ds game not normal price of wiiu game

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

its better then last zelda spinoff but it was too expensive to be spinoff, it should about same prince as 3ds game not normal price of wiiu game

If it's Hyrule Warriors you're referring to, it is a full game in its own right, and is priced accordingly, besides, it is typically sold at about €50 or so which seems reasonable, and can be bought for less online.

Banjo wrote: »
    I'm being reminded that I'm not a super hot super powerful sexdeath machine. And I don't want to be reminded!

You're not the above, face facts.
    It would take training, determination and gender reassignment to become a "Super hot super powerful sexdeath machine".
    Best you can hope for is maybe a username and icon change here.
    Hang out in the Ladies Lounge forum, see how the sexdeath machine persona fits before committing to anything permanent though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Watchdogs finally out on WiiU and graphics don't look too bad. Haven't played it before; worth getting or wait for the bargain bin after chrimbo?

Watchdogs finally out on WiiU and graphics don't look too bad. Haven't played it before; worth getting or wait for the bargain bin after chrimbo?

That's the problem, you can already buy it in the bargain bin for every other platform it came out on.

• Advertisement

It's an Ubisoft game. Close your eyes and count to February, then open them and notice that they've knocked a digit off the Amazon price. And that, my friend, is why Ubisoft are out of the WiiU game - it's the thinking man's console, and thinking men don't buy 3rd party games on launch day when they could buy 5 3rd party games for the same price in a few months time. Unless it's Pokémon of course.

Apropos of nothing, Count Duckula collection on Amazon has dropped to £9.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

.. And then complain that adults don't buy games on the Wii U. :pac:
    In fairness to Ubisoft, they did give it a good go.

Wild Guns is €7.99? Does that seem fairly pricey to anyone else?

I used to love Blood Bros. (Still do :)), But this is not Blood bros.
    I remember trying to buy this (Wild Guns) years ago and not being able to, I think it came out a year or two after everywhere else, I eventually had it on an emulator but it never won me over..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I nearly bought it a few time for the WiiU but always cancelled my pre-order pretty quick.

It does look good to me and I haven't gone near any other version at all. I just, the fact that Ubisoft have said this is going to be the last M rated WiiU title they do for the WiiU if it doesn't sell well says to me this is the last big game they will release for the WiiU. They know full well it's gonna flop. They didn't know at the time Smash was going to the released the same day as this (in the states anyway) so, and with absolutely no DLC included in the 6months later/delayed full price release for the WiiU and most likely an ultimate version for all the other systems with all DLC prob going to come out next year(just a hunch) and them charging full price for DLC already on the WiiU, it's put me right off.

I think I will wait for it to be €20 in the new year, as they will not care how well or bad it sells.

It's a real kick in the face for WiiU owners at the end of the day. I really hope it sells well and I do see a lot of Americans showing interest in buying it, but, not me, not now.

Don't know why I'm so bitter about Watch_Dogs tbh, just, disappointed even before it's even released.

and with absolutely no DLC included in the 6months later/delayed full price release for the WiiU and most likely an ultimate version for all the other systems with all DLC prob going to come out next year(just a hunch) and them charging full price for DLC already on the WiiU, it's put me right off.

There will be DLC available from day one.
    Wii U DLC

Two Watch Dogs DLC packs will be available on day one:
    Conspiracy (Ubisoft, €4.99 / £3.99) — People aren't always what they seem. In this case, they're cyborgs from space. Don't believe me? Try plugging in the Conspiracy! Digital Trip and we'll talk after. You've got a specific lens to see their real faces. Find them, identify them, and kill them.
    Access Granted (Ubisoft, €6.99 / £5.49) — Extend your hacking abilities in 3 new missions. Unlock 6 additional skins and access new powerful perks to increase your control over Chicago.

I know, I said.....

'.....and most likely an ultimate version for all the other systems with all DLC prob going to come out next year(just a hunch) and them charging full price for DLC already on the WiiU, it's put me right off.'

Fact is, both DLC packs SHOULD be on the WiiU disc.

I thought his point was that we waited 6 months, we're paying full price for a title that's bargain bin on all other formats now, and they didn't sweeten the pot by throwing in the DLC - for the same money, that DLC is probably going to be packaged on all other formats in a GotY-style re-release for less than what WiiU owners are going to be paying.

So, in short, Ubisoft make us wait longer, then ask us to pay more for less, then sulk when it doesn't sell well.

But, as you said, they did give the WiiU a better shot than most with some quality titles that I bought very cheaply long after Ubisoft wrote them off :D I'll be sad to see them go, or worse, stick around but only release dancey dance wiimote waggling games.

..Ah, I misread. But I was literally just after reading it on nintendolife, I thought there was no DLC coming for it at all. I stopped watching for it months ago, it got tiresome.
    Project Cars is another one I was really looking forward to, but have stopped reading about.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

They should have packaged it like Arkham City (with all DLC included). It may have been more appealing if you felt that you were getting extra content for free.

Mr E wrote: »
    They should have packaged it like Arkham City (with all DLC included). It may have been more appealing if you felt that you were getting extra content for free.

That would definitely sell :D. Also might bring a bit of bragging rights to the Wii U. But I can kind of see why they didn't. In a few months, when it's selling for €10, they may still make some money back on the DLC (maybe?).

I just saw this, written in March.. It raised a smile :)

Nintendo's plan to quietly kill the Wii U

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    That would definitely sell :D. Also might bring a bit of bragging rights to the Wii U. But I can kind of see why they didn't. In a few months, when it's selling for €10, they may still make some money back on the DLC (maybe?).

I just saw this, written in March.. It raised a smile :)

Nintendo's plan to quietly kill the Wii U

Well then Ubisoft should sell it at €35 from launch if they want people to buy the old DLC too.

I like Ubisoft for some games but God damn they are not the best company.

Ah well, what can ya do.

Advertisement