Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    If it's Hyrule Warriors you're referring to, it is a full game in its own right, and is priced accordingly, besides, it is typically sold at about €50 or so which seems reasonable, and can be bought for less online.

then how come i got last spin off zelda Link's Crossbow for €30 which came with wii zapper brand new

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

As a lover of the Zelda franchise and an owner of 2 Wii Zappers (thank you crappy Resi Evil rail shooters) I can honestly say Links Crossbow training is so far removed from being an actual game I didn't even play it. I'd liken tit more to a demo disc or fancy calibration interface.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Allyall wrote:
    ..Ah, I misread. But I was literally just after reading it on nintendolife, I thought there was no DLC coming for it at all. I stopped watching for it months ago, it got tiresome. Project Cars is another one I was really looking forward to, but have stopped reading about.

the main watch dogs story dlc is called Bad Blood and its that one that hasnt made it to Wii u. I played it on PS4 and quite enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

nintendo are plain kill wiiu

the new zelda wiiu game isnt out yet,

mario party 10 wiiu isnt out yet,

super mario galaxy 3 wiiu isnt out yet,

captain toad wiiu isnt out yet,

yoshi yawn wiiu isnt out yet,

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse wiiu isnt out yet,

Mario Maker wiiu isnt out yet,

yoshi woolly world wiiu isnt out yet,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I hope Watch Dogs sells well for Nintendo, but to be honest it was a disappointing enough game really. Played a lot of it but had no real will to eventually keep going back to it or finish it.

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    the new zelda wiiu game isnt out yet,

mario party 10 wiiu isnt out yet,

super mario galaxy 3 wiiu isnt out yet,

captain toad wiiu isnt out yet,

yoshi yawn wiiu isnt out yet,

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse wiiu isnt out yet,

Mario Maker wiiu isnt out yet,

yoshi woolly world wiiu isnt out yet,

That's why I smiled. And remember, that article was written in March.

8 Months ago!

Mari Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, and Hello Kitty Kruisers ;) weren't released yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

As much as l like the first party games, Devil's Third and Xenoblade Chronicles X are the games I am most looking forward to getting a release, Tetsuya Takahashi tweeted today that XC X is nearly finished.

Xenji wrote: »
    As much as l like the first party games, Devil's Third and Xenoblade Chronicles X are the games I am most looking forward to getting a release, Tetsuya Takahashi tweeted today that XC X is nearly finished.

+1111100000010010101010010101010111 :D

I was going to mention it above, as I was typing/thinking..

Devil's third and X
    ZHq8LOA.gif?1

And I really, really would love to see Fatal Frame V over here..
    Even though they have sort of ruled it out.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,557 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensai, now that's what I'm looking forward to. Spaltoon also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

As long as the cover of Splatoon has one of the squid-kids Eliasing, possibly with splashes of ink everywhere to emphasise the kiddy friendly nature over the horror of war, I'm in. But if they miss that opportunity I'm going to have to assume they've missed a lot more opportunities also.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    then how come i got last spin off zelda Link's Crossbow for €30 which came with wii zapper brand new

Hyrule Warriors is nothing like Links Crossbow
    The former is a full member of the Warriors series by Koei, in no way a light weight title.
    The latter was a Link themed minigame selection.
    I'm not sure you're picking up the difference between the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Hyrule warriors is like binge eating on choclate easter eggs , so satisfying but you aint wanna go back when you are done

So pack on the pounds and enjoy yourself , you can diet another day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Hyrule warriors is like binge eating on choclate easter eggs , so satisfying but you aint wanna go back when you are done

So pack on the pounds and enjoy yourself , you can diet another day ;)

Were still going with it, adventure mode has loads to offer, not to mention the Master Quest adventure mode map, and the forthcoming DLC ones too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Star Lord wrote: »
    Were still going with it, adventure mode has loads to offer, not to mention the Master Quest adventure mode map, and the forthcoming DLC ones too.

ive the adventure mode still to finish , got side tracked but I be back with it soon once I finish few things :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, just to be clear, it's not some spin off akin to the cross bow minigame collection?
    It is worth the price of admission.
    And so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

http://i.imgur.com/zxQx2MG.jpg

Seemingly, if you fight with someone too much in Smash, you get kicked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Its a fighting game, that doesn't make any sense? Wtf nintendo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I have no context here so I'm going to assume that you were playing a 4-way free-for-all and kept going for one person specifically and they don't like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

So are we all buying smash? I've never played smash and I'm on the fence with buying it. I played the 3ds demo it seemed ok but nothing spectacular.

• Advertisement

The fighting game genre over all seems in decline with only preexisting fans investing in the likes of Tekken, Soul Calibur and Street Fighter franchises.
    It seems to me that the only example of the genre that is selling is Super Smash Bros and the WiiU game seems incredible, simply the same qualities as Mario Kart 8, qualities of near movie like animation coupled with solid fun gameplay, gameplay that is both accessible to the n00b and rewards the patient experienced player as well.
    If you consider yourself a lover of videogames you simply have to own a WiiU and both MK8 and Smash Bros too, there seems to be nothing on the other current gen formats that approach.
    And next year, with likes of Bloodborne emerging as maybe the first essential PS4 title, we'll still have Legend of Zelda to look forward to as well as who knows what else.
    If we see F Zero and a Metroid title I may just explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If we see F Zero and a Metroid title I may just explode.

Remind me to put on a plastic poncho that day.

Good time to be a Wii U owner! MK8 and SSB are on my wishlist for Christmas. :)

Jebus, if the WiiU attains €200 or less as a rrp then it could just be a good buy for everyone else yet to jump in.
    I do find the machine to be a capable device but every time they attempt a port from the PS3 or 360 there seem to be compromises, despite the WiiU being a more powerful device.
    So, I'm in no hurry to see ports of hits from other consoles, but I'd be delighted to see Activision and EA producing purpose made WiiU titles, and not mini game or dancing games!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,737 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The price isn't mass market consumer friendly yet. Wii launched at €250 and exploded out of the gates. If they can I'd encourage Nintendo to get the price sub €250 as soon as possible. Nintendo are really gambling on Smash Bros. Wii U to spike sales for Christmas. But I expect a price reduce by the end of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

sligeach wrote: »
    The price isn't mass market consumer friendly yet. Wii launched at €250 and exploded out of the gates. If they can I'd encourage Nintendo to get the price sub €250 as soon as possible. Nintendo are really gambling on Smash Bros. Wii U to spike sales for Christmas. But I expect a price reduce by the end of March.

€250 for a Wii U is seriously cheap.

€400 for a PS4 or XboxOne is also pretty damn cheap.

Bear in mind where previous consoles have started and continued at price wise for that matter.

Playstation 1 anyone?

Do some price comparisons.

€250 for a Wii U is seriously cheap.

€400 for a PS4 or XboxOne is also pretty damn cheap.

Bear in mind where previous consoles have started and continued at price wise for that matter.

Playstation 1 anyone?

Do some price comparisons.

If the premium was €250, I'd agree but right now those are typically around €300. I do agree with above posters, given the slow sales compared to the competition, the Wii U needs the price drop and some bloody marketing to go with it. The first thing most people say when I tell them I'm getting a Wii U is "what's a Wii U?".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

C14N wrote: »
    If the premium was €250, I'd agree but right now those are typically around €300. I do agree with above posters, given the slow sales compared to the competition, the Wii U needs the price drop and some bloody marketing to go with it. The first thing most people say when I tell them I'm getting a Wii U is "what's a Wii U?".

Key to your comment and to all of this is marketing which has been just ****ing woeful by nintendo.

Personally I'd rather see a huge marketing drive than a 50quid price reduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I've the gamepad in it's cradle in plain view on the small table in the living room. I've had to explain what it is to every one of my mates bar one.

I wonder if there really is some magic thing that Nintendo aren't doing that would spark WiiU sales into life?
    Or are we just fooling ourselves?

• Advertisement

I wonder if there really is some magic thing that Nintendo aren't doing that would spark WiiU sales into life?
    Or are we just fooling ourselves?

It's not that I think it would suddenly kick it up into gear with the XB1 or PS4, but it's hard to get the sales going when awareness is at rock bottom like it is now. It's bad enough that the whole "asymmetrical gaming" thing is so confusing and that it's hard to decide whether the Pro or Wii controller is the main second-player method, but people outside of the gaming subculture just don't seem to know it's a thing that exists and that it's a successor to the Wii rather than a remake of it.

Speaking as someone with zero knowledge of marketing or finance, if it was me, I'd rebrand the whole thing. Like just straight up change the name to anything that didn't contain the word "Wii". Do a total re-launch and make it abundantly clear that this thing is not a Wii or anything like a Wii because the Wii is looked back on the same way people look back on Pogs or Furbies. And sell it with a second controller because if there's one thing the Wii U has over the competition, it's local multiplayer and people who do actually like playing games with friends are a terribly underserved demographic right now.

Advertisement