Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

I saw an advertisement in Smyths today (on a game case). Wii U with Nintendoland for €250. I dont know how old it is, but I don't recall seeing it there before.
    thats bargain in most shops u looking roughly Wii U with Nintendoland €280

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

:D
    Sorry, I meant I was considering flying over, and buying some games and accessories... While I was over there.

Not, Going over there TO buy consoles, games and accessories. :o
    It'd be funny though to try. - Bringing back bulging bags with Ryanairs luggage allowance.

I was just citing a reason I believe that it may be so heavily advertised over there. They often have the edition bundles (Monster Hunter 3/Zelda/Zombi U etc..) for €199..

Anyway, I won't be venturing over anytime soon to grab a few consoles, so Smyths/Argos etc. can sleep easy for a little while longer.

Allyall wrote: »
    :D
    Sorry, I meant I was considering flying over, and buying some games and accessories... While I was over there.

Not, Going over there TO buy consoles, games and accessories. :o
    It'd be funny though to try. - Bringing back bulging bags with Ryanairs luggage allowance.

I was just citing a reason I believe that it may be so heavily advertised over there. They often have the edition bundles (Monster Hunter 3/Zelda/Zombi U etc..) for €199..

Anyway, I won't be venturing over anytime soon to grab a few consoles, so Smyths/Argos etc. can sleep easy for a little while longer.
    well ireland it for u its alway high rate prices we get considing we get our wages much less the most countries, with our wages dropping every year, but prices should drop every year, but they dont, they increase every year and you forgot mention amazon and gamestop, hmv and tesco, isnt cheap either

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    well ireland it for u its alway high rate prices we get considing we get our wages much less the most countries, with our wages dropping every year, but prices should drop every year, but they dont, they increase every year and you forgot mention amazon and gamestop, hmv and tesco, isnt cheap either

That is why you nearly always buy online these days, with the likes of parcel motel you will get a game on launch day and a lot cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

there doesn't seem to be any great deals on the wii u premium yet.. Anyone know if there's likely to be anything later in the week? Hoping to get a new one for €240 or less

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Trilla90 wrote: »
    there doesn't seem to be any great deals on the wii u premium yet.. Anyone know if there's likely to be anything later in the week? Hoping to get a new one for €240 or less

A few of us got good deals on Black Friday last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

As a new Wii U owner playing catchup, my question of the day is this:

Mario Kart 8 or SSB tomorrow? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Mr E wrote: »

Both.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭superMarco

I have a quick question about SSB, I've order it online on amazon uk, but it will not be delivered before next week... soooo... is someone knows where I could find it either today or from tomorrow in a retail store ?

Mr E wrote: »

but new commer to mario kart 8 would have miss out on extra 7 yoshis and extra 7 shy guys deal when you preorder 2 dlc

ssb come out tomorrow preorder them quick if you want limited editions (thats includes amiibo) mario or ssb with gamecube controller and adapter you mite miss out on them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It'll be tomorrow, for starters.

€50 in Smyths - http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/new-games-coming-soon/c-691/coming-soon-wii-u/p-6699/super-smash-bros-wii-u/
    €65 in Gamestop - https://www.gamestop.ie/Wii%20U/Games/44248/super-smash-bros

I expect €55 or so in Argos, no listing yet though.

The GameCube Controller Adapter for Wii U is compatible with Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U specifically - it is not compatible with any other Wii U software,:(

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Is there any reason why the Luigi Amiibo is planking?

Also, the Captain Falcon one looks a bit silly, "I'll just rest my leg on this stand here, don't mind me".

Is there any reason why the Luigi Amiibo is planking?

Also, the Captain Falcon one looks a bit silly, "I'll just rest my leg on this stand here, don't mind me".
    also amiibo are compatible with hyrule warriors, captain toad adventures, yoshis woolly world, mk8, mp10

I knew about Smash and the costumes in MK8. I assumed they'd add functionality to the rest of their recent and upcoming games. What function will they serve in the likes of Yoshi's Wooly World and Hyrule Warriors though?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

I knew about Smash and the costumes in MK8. I assumed they'd add functionality to the rest of their recent and upcoming games. What function will they serve in the likes of Yoshi's Wooly World and Hyrule Warriors though?

hyrule warriors unlocks weapons, dunno about yoshi's wolly world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

http://news.yahoo.com/pokemon-killing-nintendo-203038043.html

You see its articles like this that makes me want to bash my face off the table

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

http://news.yahoo.com/pokemon-killing-nintendo-203038043.html

You see its articles like this that makes me want to bash my face off the table

Whoever wrote that shouldn't be writing news of any kind. By selling millions of copies of Pokemon every year, and the hardware to go along with it, Nintendo are slowly dying because they won't whore their games out to mobile devs? Sure. Could anyone here honestly say they'd rather play old Nintendo games on an iPhone over say an eShop download or buying them on the original hardware?

I'm sure by now Nintendo has enough money in their bank to make a loss for the next 8-10 years and still have enough to run the company.

It's Sony and Microsoft I'd be worried for. Their gaming divisions are exactly that, divisions of a larger company. They'd have no problem dropping a division if they saw year on year losses like that.

Ms still have a hugh chunk of change but sony , they are in dire straits for years . They have recently cut there smartphone and tv business and are not banking everything on ps4 in the next 3 years to make a huge profit.

Not sure where everywhere these nintendo are doomed articles are coming from , new super mario bros wii recently sold something like 10 million alone in the usa and 3ds is still making a killing along with the software . There are just too many people thinking there business men behind there keyboards and post outlandish things with no evidence to back it up.

• Advertisement

Ms still have a hugh chunk of change but sony , they are in dire straits for years . They have recently cut there smartphone and tv business and are not banking everything on ps4 in the next 3 years to make a huge profit.

Not sure where everywhere these nintendo are doomed articles are coming from , new super mario bros wii recently sold something like 10 million alone in the usa and 3ds is still making a killing along with the software . There are just too many people thinking there business men behind there keyboards and post outlandish things with no evidence to back it up.

Silly carry on really. I don't know when gamers thought they instantly became businessmen when they bought a console, but it seems to have become the norm. Bayonetta 2 not selling well in Japan made the news, even though special editions sold out everywhere and pre-orders bettered that of most AAA titles. What was the last console game that sold well in Japan?

I don't know why people can't enjoy the consoles they spent so much money on. They spend more time on "news" articles and message boards defending their console and bashing everyone else's choice of hardware than they spend actually playing the thing. They all seem to have the attitude of 'if I don't own it, it's crap and will die off soon'.

Sony have been doing badly for a while now. Dropped their PC division a good while ago, 10k+ job losses in mobile, scaling back their TV division this year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Worst kind of click bait nonsense if you ask me.
    The writer isn't even coming out with anything original either. Just a headline to grab ones attention then segues into the old chestnut that Nintendo should be making apps.
    What a load of rubbish.

Is smartphone gaming even worth it ?

Capcom invested a building into making smartphone games and they still could not turn a profit while square enix who was highly porting games on phones they now see that console games and handhelds can still make money for them as long as they are good , bravery default being a prime example of a newish ip selling 1million

So what is my christmas title for the family? three kids, crazy for mario kart 8, already also own nintendo land, super mario 3d world and zelda: windwaker.

Thinking smash bros or donkey kong. ideally something 2 or 3 can play at once. any other recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I like the way he refers to the mobile gaming bubble, without a hint of irony, and suggesting Nintendo should dive in. Because the thing about bubbles is that they just keep getting bigger and bigger and bigger. ....right?

I found some of his opinions on the suitability of mobles/tablets for gaming - specifically rally games??? - a little bananas. And why has he got such a boner for microtransactions as if they somehow make games better?

That's not to say that Ninty couldn't make a fcuktonne of money by releasing mobile apps using some of their characters, and I see no issue with them releasing packs of VC titles for example, but I don't think their glacial quality control process would suit Mobiles. If you insist on holding things back till they're just right there will already be another two revisions of the OS that you now have to QC and a bajillion new handsets to validate it on.

Solution :
    1. Buy google
    2. Nintendroid
    $$$$!

@Orinoco - Wii Sports U? MAriokart DLC? "I O U Splatoon"?

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Capcom invested a building into making smartphone games and they still could not turn a profit while square enix who was highly porting games on phones they now see that console games and handhelds can still make money for them as long as they are good , bravery default being a prime example of a newish ip selling 1million

But Nintendo could sell Advance Wars maps for $1.99. Who wouldn't want that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

So what is my christmas title for the family? three kids, crazy for mario kart 8, already also own nintendo land, super mario 3d world and zelda: windwaker.

Thinking smash bros or donkey kong. ideally something 2 or 3 can play at once. any other recommendations?

For multiplayer - get Smash. (Personally I prefer the Donkey Kong game).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

And they've settled to give early PSV buyers in the US $25-50 back due to false advertising.

And it's third party, on Nintendo.
    It's like effort is rewarded with hard-earned money or something.
    It's so crazy, no wonder all these big executives with economics degrees don't understand it.

I have no doubt that amiibo is going to be colossal for nintendo even if you have no plan on using the nfc features they are deadly to collect and display. The pokemon characters alone are going to be crazy and while the holidays are coming up they could be hot thing to pick up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The phrase stocking fillers comes to mind :)

Advertisement