Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

So what is my christmas title for the family? three kids, crazy for mario kart 8, already also own nintendo land, super mario 3d world and zelda: windwaker.

Thinking smash bros or donkey kong. ideally something 2 or 3 can play at once. any other recommendations?
    Rayman legends is great if you don't have it and 4 can play at once.
    Donkey kong is too hard for kids really although they can piggy back on your character for hard bits although it's only 2 player.

Smyths have smash advertised for 49.99 think I'll have to get this tomorrow that's pretty reasonable. Although I cant preorder on there site for collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

the hut sent me a 10 euro voucher for the official uk store, not valid on figurines, pre-orders, or anything useful, and expires on the 7th.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    the hut sent me a 10 euro voucher for the official uk store, not valid on figurines, pre-orders, or anything useful, and expires on the 7th.
    I got a similar email from nintendo but it's for 10% off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

ive recieve new update for hyrule warriors today max lvl 150, amiibo add ons, new medals, 999 max merterial, twilight princess pack out

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'll be buying Super Smash tomorrow, then handing it to the wife to stash away for Christmas :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'll be buying Super Smash tomorrow, then handing it to the wife to stash away for Christmas :(

Should trade name codes , we have dish it out the aul proper way whos better sonic or mario :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Should trade name codes , we have dish it out the aul proper way whos better sonic or mario :P

sonic isnt out yet he with december crowd amiibo

these are amiibo available tomorrow
    Mario
    Donkey Kong
    Peach
    Yoshi
    Link
    Samus
    The Villager
    Kirby
    Fox McCloud
    Pikachu
    Marth
    Wii Fit Instructor

and rather prefer werewolf link then postman link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

http://news.yahoo.com/pokemon-killing-nintendo-203038043.html

You see its articles like this that makes me want to bash my face off the table

There's an article in Forbes tackling that head on
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/11/27/pokemon-isnt-killing-nintendo-and-nintendo-doesnt-need-to-go-mobile/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I hadn't seent this chart before. Possibly posted already, but I'm after going back a couple of pages and haven't seen it.

CLICK TO ENLARGE
    2kVlDl6l.jpg

http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/amiibo/line-up#/games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,730 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Allyall wrote: »
    I hadn't seent this chart before. Possibly posted already, but I'm after going back a couple of pages and haven't seen it.

CLICK TO ENLARGE
    2kVlDl6l.jpg

http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/amiibo/line-up#/games

Don't know if it's on here but it's a couple of weeks old at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mr E wrote: »

€56 in Argos (with a special offer of €1 off an Amiibo if bought at the same time).

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=247%2F9079

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Is it usual for symths to automatically take the money before i even get to the shop? The email said they wouldnt take the money until its collected but i checked my bank account ands its gone already, not that im worried or anything but i dont know if im able to collect smash today or not, hopefully today tho

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Is it usual for symths to automatically take the money before i even get to the shop? The email said they wouldnt take the money until its collected but i checked my bank account ands its gone already, not that im worried or anything but i dont know if im able to collect smash today or not, hopefully today tho

Might be a preauthorisation.

Might be a preauthorisation.

If you do not collect your order within the advised time, it will be cancelled, no payment will be taken, however, it may take a number of banking days for the pre-authorised amount to release back to your account.

Ah you're right just read the above properly now, its a pre auth

• Registered Users Posts: 13 OpusEponymous

Smyths Jervis Street cancelled my preorder for the Smash + GC Adapter Bundle at 12 minutes past midnight last night. Happen to anyone else?

Anyone have an idea where I could get my hands on the bundle this weekend?

Smyths Jervis Street cancelled my preorder for the Smash + GC Adapter Bundle at 12 minutes past midnight last night. Happen to anyone else?

if you live near another smyths maybe go in store, theres bound to be some on shelf? worth a try anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'll be in Smyths Carrickmines in about an hour and a half, I'll let you know if they're on the shelf. Not that it helps you or anything but if they're there they're probably on-shelf in all smyths?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Hi,
    Silly question maybe but is the difference between a Wii(blue colour) and a Wii U is it just the hand held controller? Can i play WiiU games on my normal wii.
    Kids are just getting into the wii that i haven't used in a couple of years so really out of touch.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

mike12 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Silly question maybe but is the difference between a Wii(blue colour) and a Wii U is it just the hand held controller? Can i play WiiU games on my normal wii.
    Kids are just getting into the wii that i haven't used in a couple of years so really out of touch.
    Thanks

They are different consoles. The Wii U is a newer console, that is more powerful, has HD graphics and has a controller with a screen in it. Wii U games will NOT play on a Wii.

• Advertisement

Hi,
    Thanks

And this is why Nintendo have a problem with WiiU sales figures.

Not a dig at you mike12, but you help prove a point.

No, the WiiU is a new, more powerful console, that has a new type of controller. The WiiU will play Wii games, but a Wii won't play WiiU games.

(Please don't take that as condescending as I know it sounds! :) )

what is the general consensus on watch dogs? didnt even realize it came out last week, its looks like its as close as gta on the wii u will ever be? i am very tempted..

what is the general consensus on watch dogs? didnt even realize it came out last week, its looks like its as close as gta on the wii u will ever be? i am very tempted..

Last I heard there was a LOT of bitching about it. But still. WiiU game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,730 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Hi,
    Thanks

We've got a live one. As @Sofiztikated already stated it's not a dig at you but just shows what shoddy marketing Nintendo did with the Wii U. Speaking of which, has anybody seen an ad for Smash Bros. Wii U on TV? If so, where? I haven't seen any.

its looks really good here tho. it looks like an ok port. i like the idea of an open world like gta sounds like a lot of fun doing the hacking and stuff. i might take a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Seems to be quite pricey. Argos want €65ish, Smyths want around €56, who knows what mad price Gamestop want. I saw it in CEX the other day for €30 on PS4 and Xbox One. I'm interested in it, but I'll more than likely wait for the price to inevitably drop.

Seems to be quite pricey. Argos want €65ish, Smyths want around €56, who knows what mad price Gamestop want. I saw it in CEX the other day for €30 on PS4 and Xbox One. I'm interested in it, but I'll more than likely wait for the price to inevitably drop.

40 on cd wow, i dont mind waiting two weeks for that price tbh

Edit: for anyone intrested in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

sligeach wrote: »
    Speaking of which, has anybody seen an ad for Smash Bros. Wii U on TV? If so, where? I haven't seen any.

You may have seen it and not known what it's for. I've seen them either on the Disney channel or Cartoon network - you're not going to see "Smash Bros sponsors the Walking Dead"! - and it's people on train platforms or in cafes holding 3DSes and then disappearing off into the sky because of some invisible Smash Attack. There's maybe 3 seconds of game footage. If you've never played the game you won't have a ****ing clue what's going on. If you have played the game, you won't have a ****ing clue what's going on until after the ad ends and you realise they're talking about Smash Bros. It's a terrible, terrible ad.

Not as bad as the Tamodachi Life ones ('our neighbour, who we don't have enough time to give a name so will be referred to as "the neighbour" for the rest of the ad, is in love with Dad! And judging by his reaction to this news he's clearly boning her on the side' / 'hey, random boy band member, you're wearing a silly hat in the game. Let's all laugh for 30 seconds and not explain anything about the game itself')

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Pretty good price to be fair. Cheaper than I've seen it anywhere else. I'll only be getting the console at Christmas, so I'm sure I'll have some catching up to do before getting to Watch Dogs, ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 OpusEponymous

Thanks, my quick ring around has suggested that the bundles are massively scarce but loose adaptors can still be got

Advertisement