Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

DinoRex wrote: »
    Sonic Racing Transformed is very good and Wii U version is the best.

I don't really wanna use up a €50 voucher on something that'll be in every 2nd hand basket for half price eventually though. It does look good though cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

You could just convert the voucher into Xbox Live points or Nintendo points if they have the cards in stock.

DinoRex wrote: »
    You could just convert the voucher into Xbox Live points or Nintendo points if they have the cards in stock.

Hmm, good idea. Cheers man

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

EnterNow wrote: »
    Ok the little fella has a €50 HMV voucher sitting here, & after reading about HMV in AH there I think its time to redeem that bad boy. What Wii U game is best advised here, he already has Zombi U?

He has BLOPS2 on the 360 already...would Mass Effect 3 go over his head being only 10 & not having played the others? Ideally I was gonna keep the voucher of Lego City Undercover or Aliens Colonial Marines but I don't want to waste the voucher if HMV suddenly cease trading...

Don't know if this affects here yet, but this is a letter sent by head office to UK HMV stores

https://twitter.com/navbasiTLW/status/290946153149775873/photo/1

I'd use the voucher as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Corholio wrote: »
    Don't know if this affects here yet, but this is a letter sent by head office to UK HMV stores

https://twitter.com/navbasiTLW/status/290946153149775873/photo/1

I'd use the voucher as soon as possible.

It does, it has HMV ROI under To.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Deano7788 wrote: »
    It does, it has HMV ROI under To.

Good spot! Doubt any cards will be accepted here so.

Glad as anything I got my Wii U early now, if HMV goes Gamestop will no doubt charge what they want for stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

I wish they'd hurry up and release some more titles for the WiiU. I have ZombiU and Mario Bros, the only other game currently out that i'm in any way bothered about getting is Tank Tank Tank and i'm kinda meh on that...

Get an eshop card and trine 2, or one of the other good cheap indie games on the eshop while you wait for pikmin.
    Or maybe get a second hand wii game.
    The console's what 3 months old they're not magicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Corholio wrote: »
    Good spot! Doubt any cards will be accepted here so.

Glad as anything I got my Wii U early now, if HMV goes Gamestop will no doubt charge what they want for stuff.

Just read about them now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

/\/ollog wrote: »
    The console's what 3 months old they're not magicians.

I don't think that is a valid excuse for a lack of quality games. You have to imagine developers have had knowledge of the WiiU for over a year and Nintendo first party developers even longer. That is enough time to get some good games made or even some decent ports.

I don't think that is a valid excuse for a lack of quality games. You have to imagine developers have had knowledge of the WiiU for over a year and Nintendo first party developers even longer. That is enough time to get some good games made or even some decent ports.

We got like 20 ports at launch.

• Advertisement

Just be thankful its not the 3DS launch all over again. For almost a full year, the only thing worth having on the 3DS was a twenty year old port of an N64 game. As far as I see it, Zombi U & NSMB U are a big bonus to have this early on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

EnterNow wrote: »
    Just be thankful its not the 3DS launch all over again. For almost a full year, the only thing worth having on the 3DS was a twenty year old port of an N64 game. As far as I see it, Zombi U & NSMB U are a big bonus to have this early on

Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land both came out before Christmas 2011, 8 months after the 3DS launch. But yeah, there was a big wait for those killer apps.

Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land both came out before Christmas 2011, 8 months after the 3DS launch. But yeah, there was a big wait for those killer apps.

As I said, almost a full year :) It was a killer really, a handheld that cost €250 with nothing to do on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate dated as March 22nd release

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate dated as March 22nd release

So excited, hope they release a demo soon like they did for the Wii.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

So excited, hope they release a demo soon like they did for the Wii.

21st Feb, for 3ds and Wii U.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Deano7788 wrote: »
    21st Feb, for 3ds and Wii U.

Aww, was hoping it'd be a bit sooner, although it's still something to look forward to, to make the wait a bit easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

So... I guess they didn't notice what I was trying to do. Looks like it's just going through the normal warranty repair.

Sweet.

236836.png

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Sweet! Hope it's back to you nice and quickly! :D

Achilles wrote: »
    So... I guess they didn't notice what I was trying to do. Looks like it's just going through the normal warranty repair.

Sweet.

236836.png

Fair play!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

I HAVE ONE!!! WHOOP WHOOP!

Cyez online all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Two-Nintendo-Wii-U-System-Firmware-Updates-Coming-in-Spring-and-Summer-323573.shtml

Nintendo has confirmed that it's going to release two system software updates for the Wii U home console, one in spring and one in summer, which should improve loading times and add new features.

The Wii U came out in November and caused a lot of problems for new owners due to its mandatory firmware updates and didn't actually improve the experience of the users.

Now, in order to add new features and reduce the lengthy and frequent loading times, Nintendo has confirmed on Twitter that two system software updates will be released in the future, one in spring and one in summer.

The two new firmware versions will be rolled out globally and should definitely please existing owners that are getting fed up with the frequent loading screens.

As of yet, however, no other details are known, so it's unclear just when during spring and summer the two updates will be rolled out for the Wii U.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

This E3 should be quite interesting

Xbox and maybe sony consoles shown and nintendo pumping out games left right and center.

That nintendo direct was so overwhelming with quality games my wallet gonna be hurting :(

Thats not to mention 3ds will be offering in 2013

Great time to be a gamer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

So I just got the WiiU back from Nintendo's repair centre.

I haven't connected her back up to make sure that everything's working but according to Ninty's documentation it's a brand new unit that has been swapped out.

He's already been up to his old tricks though trying to dominate his older brother the sick fecker...

224413_10200564419855765_112445170_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

What are the best Wiiu games in the pipeline? Has a 3d Mario been announced?

Just checked ign, and six hours ago it was revealed that in June at e3 a new Mario, smash bros, Mario kart and zelda will be revealed? Holy ****!!!

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Two-Nintendo-Wii-U-System-Firmware-Updates-Coming-in-Spring-and-Summer-323573.shtml

Nintendo has confirmed that it's going to release two system software updates for the Wii U home console, one in spring and one in summer, which should improve loading times and add new features.

The Wii U came out in November and caused a lot of problems for new owners due to its mandatory firmware updates and didn't actually improve the experience of the users.
    Updates don't cause problems.
    It added miiverse, browser, and online functionality of all sorts.
    The only problems it had was people turning consoles off before the updates finished.
    Reebrock wrote: »
    What are the best Wiiu games in the pipeline? Has a 3d Mario been announced?
    A 3d mario, mario kart, zeldo and zeldo ww remake, yoshi's epic yarn story, and others were announced today.
    The only one of those with a release window/date is wind waker remake, in November I think they said, might have been "Fall"(Autumn).
    bayonetta 2 update too.

Pikmin 3, wonderful 101, scibblenauts are probably the best in the pipeline.
    Do you like strategy games?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,976 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

If i ever get a WiiU, i'm getting this one!

original.jpg

original.jpg

Sorry, but ugh. That would look awful in my trendy home.

• Advertisement

original.jpg

Mmmmmmmm ;-)

Advertisement