Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

So, I preordered (and cancelled) the smash adapter bundle from Amazon a good few times over the past 2 months. But did put in my order again two days ago. No details on weather it is being 'prepared for dispatch' yet and absolutely no reviews on Amazon from anyone for the bundle yet. I take it is sold out now cause someone has it up on Amazon for like £75!

Anyone on here order it from Amazon and receive it yet or get a dispatch email from them?

The adapter on its own has jumped from £17 to £35 on Amazon. Looks like it might be a Wavebird situation with the adapter in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Thanks, my quick ring around has suggested that the bundles are massively scarce but loose adaptors can still be got
    any gamestop €75 ssb + adapter

ive my €75 ssb + gamecube adapter

amiibo link €16.99

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mr E wrote: »
    As a new Wii U owner playing catchup, my question of the day is this:

Mario Kart 8 or SSB tomorrow? :)
    Both.

You twisted my arm. :p
    Roll on this evening.

Skylanders Trap Team (starter pack, all formats) is €50 in Smyths too - I got that for my nephew for Christmas too (£40-£47 on amazon, depending on format).

ssb + gamecube adapter no controller i think was robbed

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The controller is another 30 on top of that, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    ssb + gamecube adapter no controller i think was robbed

Ah balls, sorry to hear that. Was the Controller in the bundle or separate from bundle? Didn't know there was a bundle with the game, adapter and controller

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Ah balls, sorry to hear that. Was the Controller in the bundle or separate from bundle? Didn't know there was a bundle with the game, adapter and controller

I don't think there was. The controllers are around €20-30 extra. You'd pick up an original GC one for a lot less.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I don't think there was. The controllers are around €20-30 extra. You'd pick up an original GC one for a lot less.

No use to anybody today, but (Depending on delivery method) coud use Nippon-Yassan to get an extra controller or two when needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Anyone looking for the amiibos in smyths they are behind the counter, you have to ask for them. This knowledge would have saved me 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

There's a stand in Smyths Carrickmines in front of the SW counter with Yoshi, Samus, Mario in it, Pikachu was floating round the store - parents kept picking him up and giving him an aaaaaaw then putting him down somewhere else.

They got 6xSmash + GC Adapter in. All sold in 20 mins.

As it happens, Smash and Pokemon are not out on the floor but are behind the counter.
    the queues were mental though, both for normal checkouts and software, so if you have a credit card do it by Call and Collect or whatever it's called - you'd ahve time to make the order, pay and then jump out of the queue into the near-empty Collect thing

• Advertisement

i do have 3 gamecube controllers maybe i dont need 4th one but would them to include a controller with it how supposed withut controller to go with adapter

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Cancelled my SSB + GC Adapter order from Amazon earlier in the week and pre-ordered in Smyths. I'd never taken their pre-orders seriously, half expected them to just not get any adapter bundles in, but after a little searching they found it and I was on my way.

They had the Amiibo(s)(?) on the shelf in Swords. Don't know if I could settle for that final Link design :(

All set to play, then bam system update :-/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Hurray replacement Gamepad is on the way :)

SSB is awesome btw. So many options, so much customization.

Hurray replacement Gamepad is on the way :)

SSB is awesome btw. So many options, so much customization.

Glad to hear cherryghost, were nintendo sympathetic?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Not really, they were VERY hard to please. They wanted signed and verified Gardai reports. Had to pay for the replacement (100 euro...) but tbh no real other options.

customization

you can pass customization from 3ds to wiiu and vice verse

ive repainted My Link amiibo green to blue so i can tell my appart other link amiibos when i go competition tournaments within conventions

Not really, they were VERY hard to please. They wanted signed and verified Gardai reports. Had to pay for the replacement (100 euro...) but tbh no real other options.

That sucks balls man, but sher at least you can have the full wiiu back working again

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

That sucks balls man, but sher at least you can have the full wiiu back working again

It does seem like a lot of hassle, and it sucks balls from the moment the scumbags entered your property were born, but at €100 doesn't seem so bad for a brand new Gamepad. Considering the price of the pro controller (~€60).
    Great that it's sorted though.

Yeah, I was thinking the same myself. At first €100 sounded a bit mental, but when you look at the retail prices of the likes of the pro controller and the PS4/XbOne controllers, it's pretty much what you'd expect it to be.

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    It does seem like a lot of hassle, and it sucks balls from the moment the scumbags entered your property were born, but at €100 doesn't seem so bad for a brand new Gamepad. Considering the price of the pro controller (~€60).
    Great that it's sorted though.

I forgot about the prices to be honest, considering the pro controllers pricetag, when you look at that way, you have a very good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Did insurance cover the cost for you?

y isn't my 3DS ssb connecting to my wiiu ssb is it defective

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

ive repainted My Link amiibo green to blue so i can tell my appart other link amiibos when i go competition tournaments within conventions

That's just an odd thing to do man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

5Hkyds.jpg

plus my amiibo wont connect either

Isn't Link in the upcoming Zelda game on Wii U blue?

As for the SSB and Amiibo connection issues, was there a system/game update that you didn't download?

Isn't Link in the upcoming Zelda game on Wii U blue?

As for the SSB and Amiibo connection issues, was there a system/game update that you didn't download?
    i got that update asap when turn on my game

my amiibo works on mario kart 8 and hyrule warrior butt isnt working for ssb wiiu

how do u use amiibo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5Fva0ZHugo

• Registered Users Posts: 17,730 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Has anybody seen a Smash Wii U ad on TV? I still haven't. Also, with The Late Late Toy Show on now do you think we'll see any Nintendo products on there? You know there'll be something from the competition on. They nearly always show some gaming products. You know what's strange, this is for kids so we better not see something like COD: Advanced Warfare on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

plus my amiibo wont connect either

How much lead was in the paint you used?

Advertisement