Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

It'll more than likely be the new Skylanders, Disney Infinity, Little Big Planet, the Lego Games. You'd imagine they'd show Smash and the Amiibos though, and Bayonetta (Somethin for the Daaaads)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'd put money on a flippin' Kinect dance game. :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

iamtony wrote: »
    Did insurance cover the cost for you?

Nope :( I'm not too bothered anymore, just need to muster up cash for a new 3DS now so they can move over my games from my stolen 3DS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'm pissed that they had the Elsa doll so prominent when they are like goldust at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Nope :( I'm not too bothered anymore, just need to muster up cash for a new 3DS now so they can move over my games from my stolen 3DS
    That's a shame. I look forward to seeing you back on mario Kart soon!
    I'm getting a 3ds XL off the missus for Xmas I'm sick of stealing my 5 year old's pink one. I would of liked the new 3ds but they aren't out yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

i thought you buy an amibo and you train it to fight with yourself, so far all i can do i fight againsted it or have it as cpu player ?? how the feck do you use it. P.s im also a lilttle bit inebriated so forgive me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

sweetie wrote: »
    I'm pissed that they had the Elsa doll so prominent when they are like goldust at the moment.

Frozen was in the cinema this time last year. Its been huge ever since. If you left it till now, to be honest, you can't put that on the Late Late.
    BTW was it the normal barbiesque one or the animator series styler toddler doll? Won't be watching till Sunday. Think the toddler one is the one that kicked off the knife fight in Swords, so that would really be insensitive...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,730 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

That was a brutal showing of Wii U. Sh1tty Skylanders and it was the Wii version. It got like 10 seconds before they moved onto Match Attack. The other consoles got so much more time, They never mentioned the name Wii U at all. What a waste.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

In all honesty they all looked poor.
    Of course making the range of titles on the PS4 and XB1 look boring isn't a challenge but having the WiiU on without seeing Mario Kart 8, Mario 3D World or Super Smash Bros is probably a feat in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Banjo wrote: »
    How much lead was in the paint you used?
    i didnt know how use the amiibo and no instructions to use amiibo in the box so ive go online to find out how to use it which is ridiculous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5Fva0ZHugo

]How much lead was in the paint you used that stupid question, and its impossible to have lead in your paint

should be video intro how to use the amiibo on the game

should be video intro how to use the 3ds on the game

should be video intro how to use the controllers on the game

i shouldnt have use the web to get this info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    ]How much lead was in the paint you used that stupid question, and its impossible to have lead in your paint

Calm down, it was a joke.

Lead paint = no wifi signal = your problem with connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

He's wound up trying to get those Damn Amiibo's working.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    How much lead was in the paint you used that stupid question, and its impossible to have lead in your paint

Ahem....
    history of lead in paint and it's toxicity

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Just to be pedantic, NFC is not wifi but same thing applies with the lead thing though. Figurine paint was bad for that a few years ago, hence the dullards that resulted from kids sucking on their warhammer thingies...

...did I just type that?!...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

smokingman wrote: »
    Just to be pedantic, NFC is not wifi but same thing applies with the lead thing though. Figurine paint was bad for that a few years ago, hence the dullards that resulted from kids sucking on their warhammer thingies...

...did I just type that?!...

You could've said little soldiers..

I've successfully claimed Super Smash Bros. soundtrack CD and got mewtwo download code promotion

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Seems very quiet with regard to Smash Bros chat around here. Is that other small thread the only one or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So with new smash bros game out i would love to play it!.

There seems to be a few decent games out for the console now which i aint really payed much attention to.

Would it be worth picking one up?

What kinda price should i be looking at ? Seen a few decent deals on adverts.

Wii U Black 32GB Console with Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros Controller/Adapter for 350 euro for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Wii U Black 32GB Console with Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros Controller/Adapter for 350 euro for example.

Amazon have a bloody great deal at the main £199 for Wii u 8gb plus wiimote, Wii u party, Nintendo land, Mario kart and super Mario 3d world.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

sweetie wrote: »
    Amazon have a bloody great deal at the main £199 for Wii u 8gb plus wiimote, Wii u party, Nintendo land, Mario kart and super Mario 3d world.

Think if i caved in and bought one smash bros and a decent controller be the first thing!.

Me brother has a wii u so i could just get games off him.

• Advertisement

Seems very quiet with regard to Smash Bros chat around here. Is that other small thread the only one or am I missing something?
    Start a thread on it! I haven't been talking about it cause I haven't bought it. I was going to get it but decided I'd wait until I complete gta5 on ps4 and super mario 3d land on 3ds before I get another game. I don't like playing bits of this and bits of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,730 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

There seems to be a few decent games out for the console now which i aint really payed much attention to.

I seen it, I think it's overpriced and find it very odd that someone sells their Wii U literally within a matter of hours of buying Smash Bros. Wii U. They went full hog and both the game, adapter and controller as well. Why? Did they really not like it?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

looking for the best price for Wii Sports Club i dont mind if its new or pre-owned

that only saving you €44.99 (gamestop) €29.99(smyths) for second hand but i think should wait after xmas around boxing day when sales come out , wiiu prices drop allot

Wii Sports Club that single game to me he though it was download game from eshop with 5 sport packages at €7.99 each = €7.99 * 5 = €39.95 when it came full game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Just realised the 2 Wii Remotes I have are the standard ones, not the motion plus. I think I read earlier someone saying some games art least need the motion plus ones. How will they manage?

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Just realised the 2 Wii Remotes I have are the standard ones, not the motion plus. I think I read earlier someone saying some games art least need the motion plus ones. How will they manage?

in some games you change games settings to accept non motion plus wii remotes or check cex or 3d games store for the motion plus adapter

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, the day finally came. I put up my Wii U for sale. I love it, but I just dont have time to play at all lately. When I do have some time I try to play other things. Poor thing is just wasted on me.
    Maybe someone else will have more fun with it. :(

Ok I caved today and bought smash is anyone planning on playing tonight??? I've beer on chill and I'll play with my daughter till her bed time(8) then I'm free to smash!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Playing at the moment if anyone wants to add me my NNID is Shreddedloops. Still not used to the controls. Not sure if its slight input lag online or just my reactions.

• Advertisement

Playing at the moment if anyone wants to add me my NNID is Shreddedloops. Still not used to the controls. Not sure if its slight input lag online or just my reactions.
    I'll add you later(if we're not already friends)
    I haven't got a clue how to play its a pity there isn't a training section or if there is I can't find it? All I can do is 2 moves with each character? And jump using x and y?

Advertisement