Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

sligeach wrote: »
    And in the States, information has been coming out about the Black Friday sales where the Wii U only made up 6% of the market share.

From what I saw there were very few deals on the Wii U compared to the rest so that may be a factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

So what impact does not having the sensor bar have? I bought the Amazon pack which is the basic one, and also has wii u party and a remote plus. With the remote plus does that eradicate the need for the sensor?!:confused:

You can pick up a sensor bar for less than €3. I didn't look very hard, you will probably find one even cheaper.

There's no difference except the internal storage. I have the 32GB version, and I'll still have to buy a portable drive to put some games on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

smokingman wrote: »
    They are yeah, except premium also comes with a sensor bar and console stand

And a gamepad stand and a gamepad charging stand. There's also the benefit of the Deluxe Digital Promotion which lets you earn eShop credit.

https://p.nintendo.net/premium/

Unfortunately that's scheduled to come to an end by the end of this year unless Nintendo has a change of heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

sweetie wrote: »
    won't let you play the wii games or use the wii motes, I'd say. I'm sure CEx do them pretty cheap, I got a decent set of batteries for wii motes there for 50c.

So wii motes will not work, but wii mote plus will? I got http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Party-Mario-Super-World/dp/B00P68FY0M/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1417511244&sr=1-2&keywords=wii+u

It comes boxed with the wiimote plus, so I'm assuming that works fine?

As for wii motes, what kind of batteries are best to use? Standard rechargables? Do ye use specific packs?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Two new Wii U owners in the form of my friend and my brother this week \o/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Also yay, my replacement pad arrived :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

About god damned time :) Welcome back!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

So has anyone played Ninja Gaiden 3 and James Bond: 007 Legends? Are they worth a punt? Thinking of picking them up.

Ninja Gaiden 3 is decent on Wii U, depends how much you can pick it up for, much better than the PS3 malarky anyway. 007 Legends, do not touch with any length of pole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

007 actually that bad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

try the Wii GoldenEye, supposed to be decent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

After a few days of smash I think it's great, I had never really played any smash game before this one and when I started the other day I wasn't impressed but I've got the hang of it now and I'm hooked.
    Only question I have is how do you do the final smash moves?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

So what impact does not having the sensor bar have? I bought the Amazon pack which is the basic one, and also has wii u party and a remote plus. With the remote plus does that eradicate the need for the sensor?!:confused:

you'd have to use two light sources near your tv instead of the sensor bar, anything from candles to chandeliers will work.
    note that this is only for IR functions, or you could use the gamepad with it's smaller screen for wii games.

Most games now use motion plus and don't need the sensor bar, wiimotes connect to the consoles via bluetooth, so it's not an issue there.
    Only value it adds is that it's tidier than two lights for the one of two games you might play that need ir support.
    Even then, you can get one cheap as someone posted above.
    007 actually that bad?
    yes.
    iamtony wrote: »
    After a few days of smash I think it's great, I had never really played any smash game before this one and when I started the other day I wasn't impressed but I've got the hang of it now and I'm hooked.
    Only question I have is how do you do the final smash moves?

Break the smash ball when it appears, and press b

Apparently two or three people have bricked their wii u's by formatting their consoles after smash failed to start, as directed to by NoA's support.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

There is actually a "sensor bar" built into the Gamepad. When you have the console in Wii mode you can point your Wiimotes at the gamepad to get the same affect.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

007 actually that bad?

Yes. Avoid it like the Ebola virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Wasn't gonna get Smash, even though I'm a total Nintendophile.

I just don't get it, lads. I wish I did, but I don't.

However, I saw a demo of it in Toys R Us earlier tonight. It's got Pikmin in it.

It's on the Christmas list now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

can you transfer all the trophies from 3ds smash to wiiu smash

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Wasn't gonna get Smash, even though I'm a total Nintendophile.

I just don't get it, lads. I wish I did, but I don't.

However, I saw a demo of it in Toys R Us earlier tonight. It's got Pikmin in it.

It's on the Christmas list now.

It's really fun when you have a few friends over

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

/\/ollog wrote: »

Dammit, now I have to get some friends?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

What's the online like?

Never really played much Smash before so will i get murdered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭superMarco

I pre-ordered Super Smash with the adapter edition in amazon uk, it was saying that I would have it today maximum... annnd its gone.

Just received an email that I will have it for the 19 of December... wtf..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

superMarco wrote: »
    Just received an email that I will have it for the 19 of December... wtf..

Ordered the adapter on its own, and got the same email. I have heard that the adapter has been delayed pretty much everywhere.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Dammit, now I have to get some friends?
    I rarely have friends over to play smash, at least when i had brawl.
    Online's fun though, especially friend-only matches.
    What's the online like?

Never really played much Smash before so will i get murdered?

I've played the 3ds one online 2 or 3 times, my upload is ****, so it was horribly laggy.
    My wii u copy is sitting somewhere in my brother's house waiting for me.
    Gamestop, if it wasn't all trade-in money I'd be pissed at what I paid for just the game alone.

I rarely have friends over to play smash, at least when i had brawl.
    Online's fun though, especially friend-only matches.

I've played the 3ds one online 2 or 3 times, my upload is ****, so it was horribly laggy.
    My wii u copy is sitting somewhere in my brother's house waiting for me.
    Gamestop, if it wasn't all trade-in money I'd be pissed at what I paid for just the game alone.
    did update ur 3ds smash to newest package from eshop yet and do u have fibre broadband

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    did update ur 3ds smash to newest package from eshop yet and do u have fibre broadband

probably, got bayonetta and started playing that instead.
    Have 22mbit/600k adsl.

wes wrote: »
    Ordered the adapter on its own, and got the same email. I have heard that the adapter has been delayed pretty much everywhere.

I should have ordered from amazon.fr at least they delivered... :/

mario kart 8 shortcuts in 6th episode cat mario & cat peach show

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Damn, there was a guy on eBay that was selling the adapters at rrp and then the auction ended.
    Bugger

in smash all power moves ares all the same combation of buttons

• Advertisement

Ok, now my order for SSB has been canceled :
    Hello,

We regret to inform you that we have been unable to source the following item:

"Super Smash Bros Plus GameCube Controller Adapter (Nintendo Wii U)"
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00O9QW4HS

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. This item has now been cancelled from your order #XXXXXXX and we can confirm that you have not been charged for it.

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience caused.

You may visit the product detail page(s) above to see if these item(s) are available from other sellers.

It was at 55pounds and since it went to 100pounds !! like wtf.. and now it's out of availability.

It seems that most (not saying all) of the order that was made in UK has been canceled. Just look at the reviews.. Anyways, now I have no clue where I can find the game with the adapter.. :/

Advertisement