Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

roster_wii_u__banner-auto-cropping.png ssb wiiu start roster

starting amiibos

Mario
    Peach
    Link
    Samus
    Yoshi
    Donkey Kong
    Pikachu
    Kirby
    Fox
    Marth
    Villager
    Wii Fit Trainer

Super Smash Bros. Club Nintendo Promotion

Your Mewtwo download codes will be sent in spring 2015. Please stay tuned for more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

New footage of Zelda shown at 'The Game Awards'.

Miyamoto also confirmed that Starfox will be coming out BEFORE the next Zelda, Both games will be coming out 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Corholio wrote: »
    New footage of Zelda shown at 'The Game Awards'.

Miyamoto also confirmed that Starfox will be coming out BEFORE the next Zelda, Both games will be coming out 2015.

Looks class! If I haven't picked up the wii u before that I'll get it then. Only got the N64 and Gamecube when Orcarina of Time and The Windwaker came out so I have form there.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Looks fanatic! I can't wait for it! I'm off up a mountain to freeze myself till launch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

wow! didnt realize we are so close to getting zelda cant wait :D

why wont my nintendo gamecube wavebird wont respond with gamecube adapter, and batteries are brand new

and i thougHT RARE had licensing with star fox maybe i was wrong

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Rare have nothing to do with Starfox, they just reskinned Dinosaur Planet as Starfox Adventure back in the day, on the GameCube.
    The characters remain Nintendo ones.
    While Rare were a Nintendo exclusive developer it gave them access to the Nintendo Intellectual Properties catalogue, hence the varied cornucopia that was the character roster in Diddy Kong Racing, for example, and how little of that changed when Nintendo rereleased it on the DS, the only characters to be replaced were the Rare ones, Banjo and Conker.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

Got a wii u i'm new to the console. Wanna play two player mario kart 8 over christmas, just wondering is it ok if one player uses the gamepad and the other uses the wii remote plus? Or would i need to buy another type of controller altogether?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Trilla90 wrote: »
    Got a wii u i'm new to the console. Wanna play two player mario kart 8 over christmas, just wondering is it ok if one player uses the gamepad and the other uses the wii remote plus? Or would i need to buy another type of controller altogether?

Yep, wii remotes act as controllers for mk8 (I much prefer using a remote housed in a steering wheel casing instead of the gamepad).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yep, wii remotes act as controllers for mk8 (I much prefer using a remote housed in a steering wheel casing instead of the gamepad).

:eek:
    ;)

The track design in Mario Kart Wii was to make them better able to cope with motion control users, making the roads wider.
    The MK8 tracks are tighter and need some degree of precision, I'd say use the digital controls on the Wii mote instead, and later pick up a few classic controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Just turned my Wii U on last night for the first time in about 5 months. Had a hankering for a bit of Ninty, only meant to stay on for a few mins but 4 hours later I was still running around with Mario.

Been playing Xbox One/PS4 religiously since they arrived. SHAME ON ME!! Haven't smiled as much playing games as I did last night with that massive controller in my hand.

*rant over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Has there been any hints about when Majoras Mask is being released? I think Spring was mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

All I've heard about it so far is that it will release in Spring and before Starfox and Zelda.

Spring isn't that far away. You'd imagine they'd have some sort of date on paper by now.

Myrddin wrote: »
    Has there been any hints about when Majoras Mask is being released? I think Spring was mentioned?

last nintendo direct shows majora's mask says its releasing on 3ds only in spring 2015 and its very intro for the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Spring is what, any time between Feb & June?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Miaymoto said 'before starfox' :pac:

8 player ssb now we 're talking

I'm hoping MM Special Edition is sold by more places than Ninty UK, although my faith in Amazon is gone since the Bayonetta 2 nonsense and the GameCube adaptor that has gone on since then .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm hoping MM Special Edition is sold by more places than Ninty UK, although my faith in Amazon is gone since the Bayonetta 2 nonsense and the GameCube adaptor that has gone on since then .

Game have it for pre order on their site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,149 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Game and Nintendo site don't take the money off until shipping? I want to preorder the special edition, but I've a feeling they'll release it alongside the New 3DS and have a Zelda edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

anyone know the cheapest place to get these? either new or pre-owned

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I'd say cex is your best bet.

Ordered on September 10th and I just got the email now to say Tropical Freeze shipped. Maybe I should've chosen 2 day delivery. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

They're on Amazon and on Amazon
    You can get them pretty much most places that sell wii/wii u and accessories. Prices can vary greatly. I think I saw them in Harvey Norman bargain bucket for €1 a bit back.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ordered on September 10th and I just got the email now to say Tropical Freeze shipped. Maybe I should've chosen 2 day delivery. :)

Man, that game is as hard as quantum mechanics, bloody bosses are ridiculous, yet it looks like a kids game.
    Feck, must go back to it.

Ah so they must've been trying to finish the game before shipping but took longer than they expected due to the difficulty

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭superMarco

Meanwhile me, still looking for a bundle SSB W/ Adapter... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭superMarco

WOW 120£ juste for the adapter ?!? What did they smoked because I want some then ! I mean, do they think they are on ebay or what ?

Advertisement