Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Is the adapter not being made again or something? Absolute madness, & it only works for one game?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Hopefully not. I was thinking about picking one up after Christmas.

Probably just underestimated the demand for them. Surely they won't stop production of them if it's making them money...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Myrddin wrote: »
    Is the adapter not being made again or something? Absolute madness, & it only works for one game?

Nope, read a few articles on ign nintendolife etc saying Ninty will not be making anymore. Oh well. The pro controller is fine for smash.

I did see this morning that people were saying some Amiibos were not being made anymore, like villager and Wii fit trainer an stuff, but Nintendo came out straight away saying that there will be more made.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/12/nintendo_reportedly_states_that_no_first_wave_amiibo_are_discontinued_more_stock_is_coming

So, I doubt they will bother makin anymore GameCube adapters.
    Edit: althought I did just see this tweet from NOA

https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoFanGirl/status/541777517825515520 take what you will from it.

I'm still waiting on my copy of smash from Amazon, hopefully this week.

I did notice on Amazon since the total mess with the adapter orders being cancelled that they have started to put up a note on a lot of their pre-order games like Dying Light for ps4 that they are out of stock already, it's out next year, end of January, but that's new to me for Amazon. And for the past week Captain Toad has no price and isn't taking any pre-orders. What's going on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

superMarco wrote: »
    WOW 120£ juste for the adapter ?!? What did they smoked because I want some then ! I mean, do they think they are on ebay or what ?

It's pretty much the same thing to be honest, a lot of so called 'stores' on there are basically just people masquerading as that to seem more legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Maybe a couple of long shots here, but...

Possibility of (Online) stock returning here (They are available for collection). Currently Smash + Adaptor is €67.20 + Shipping (€9.99 in Europe) - From Germany (4 week delay on delivery).
    Ireland isn't listed, only UK, so it may only be possible with Parcel Motel (+ €3.95).
    With all taken into account = €81.14.
    I have emailed asking would/could they ship to Ireland for another item. Waiting for a reply.

It may be false hope, and they may not get more in stock, but in the very slim chance.... Thought it may be worth posting.

Just the adaptor (low stock) available here (Spain) for €19.98 + shipping, but you need a CIF or NIF number (Or somebody in Spain).

• Advertisement

Apparently the Adaptors are not discontinued. They were just way out with the figures needed in terms of stock. ^^ What's this new twitter preview feed thing? :confused:

http://nintendoeverything.com/gamecube-controller-adapter-for-wii-u-in-stock-on-gamestop-shipping-next-week/

Nintendo know how to make their money... I'll be broke when they finish releasing all their extras :pac:
    ikegOP8.jpg?2s2inilh.jpg?2
    emAfNUW.jpg?2o3aXJeY.jpg?2

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

You know, I was going through the boards.ie game awards, and made an unsurprising realization that the Wii U has had, in my opinion anyway, the strongest release of games this year. If anyone is unsure of any next gen consoles, I think the Wii U is the best of the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I'm pretty sure Wii came out on 8 Dec.

I refuse to count how many years ago, though, because it makes me feel a bit sick.

Allyall wrote: »
    Apparently the Adaptors are not discontinued. They were just way out with the figures needed in terms of stock. ^^ What's this new twitter preview feed thing? :confused:

http://nintendoeverything.com/gamecube-controller-adapter-for-wii-u-in-stock-on-gamestop-shipping-next-week/

Nintendo know how to make their money... I'll be broke when they finish releasing all their extras :pac:
    ikegOP8.jpg?2s2inilh.jpg?2
    emAfNUW.jpg?2o3aXJeY.jpg?2

All of them look awesome, dk and Wario, I want them, but they are not by Nintendo, licensed to pdp I think and from reports of the first batch, nothing like the original GCN controller.

Totes still getting them

All of them look awesome, dk and Wario, I want them, but they are not by Nintendo, licensed to pdp I think and from reports of the first batch, nothing like the original GCN controller.

Totes still getting them

I didn't realise that you had already linked to the Nintendogirlfan thing.. Just saw it now as i loaded the page.. :o Apologies.. (In my defence I may have missed it because I am sick.. - Heavily medicated :p)

I was told last week, in this thread, that the controllers were licenced to pdp, and I already forgot.. doggone :(.
    I just noticed that the controllers all say Wii, and not Wii U...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

You know, I was going through the boards.ie game awards, and made an unsurprising realization that the Wii U has had, in my opinion anyway, the strongest release of games this year. If anyone is unsure of any next gen consoles, I think the Wii U is the best of the lot.

In my decision to pick one up this year, I've been keeping an eye on all the mags. There have been so many articles out the last few weeks saying now is the time to get a Wii U and how the game line up is the strongest out of all consoles, and continues to remain promising going into 2015. There's been a few saying why you should buy a Wii U over any of the other 2.

I didn't realise that you had already linked to the Nintendogirlfan thing.. Just saw it now as i loaded the page.. :o Apologies.. (In my defence I may have missed it because I am sick.. - Heavily medicated :p)

I was told last week, in this thread, that the controllers were licenced to pdp, and I already forgot.. doggone :(.
    I just noticed that the controllers all say Wii, and not Wii U...

Haha aww that's ok dude, what is it? Head cold? I've had one for a month and just can't shake it along with a nasty chest infection, but we struggle on!

Anyone know where I could pre-order any of these? Amazon only have the Peach, Mario and Yoshi ones up for sale.

Don't think I'd ever use then but would be neat to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,149 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So doing up my Santa list and trying to decide if whether to put Donkey Country Returns Wii or 3DS version on it. Thinking 3DS version since less of a backog on there. Any suggestions? Doesn't the 3DS version have more content?

Yeah I think it has an extra world at the end AND, no waggle on the 3ds, controls much better than the Wii version.

Also http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/12/nintendo_dismisses_rumours_that_the_gamecube_controller_adapter_has_been_discontinued

Haha aww that's ok dude, what is it? Head cold? I've had one for a month and just can't shake it along with a nasty chest infection, but we struggle on!

Anyone know where I could pre-order any of these? Amazon only have the Peach, Mario and Yoshi ones up for sale.

Don't think I'd ever use then but would be neat to have.

I am beginning to think it may be Ebola.. :(

Amazon.es have them at €23.95 each.
    Or Amazon.com have them at €37.30 delivered each.

Sure but of whiskey, ye be grand!

Ta for that. Ordered dk and Wario. Comes to €55 including post. I think that's enough.

They are released Feb 13th.

Hmm, should I order more?

Amazon.es have them at €23.95 each.[/URL]

Not available until mid February though.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Not available until mid February though.
    Yeah, seems like a bit of a weird time to bring them out..

Nintendo Dismisses Rumours That The GameCube Controller Adapter Has Been Discontinued
    "We are doing everything we possibly can to meet the demand"

Smash Bros Wii U Basic Bundle Announced for Spain released on 23rd December.
    There doesn't seem to be an adaptor or anything particlarly "Smash Bros." about it, other than the box.. They could at least throw in a Controller.
    Unless it's going to release around the €200 mark it seems a bit unimpressive to me.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The Wii U Basic pack with MK8, SM3D World, Nintendoland and Wii U Party has shown up again, this time without the SMB Wii U typo. Will keep an eye on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,716 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

That Smash Bros. Wii U console bundle is terrible. Nintendo have been really desperate as of late to clear out the huge backlog of the Basic Wii U's they have sitting on their books once and for all. The price drop and now this. 2 years on and they're still selling the launch period produced Basic Wii U's. They could have made an enticing Premium Smash bundle with Gamecube controller adapter, controller and game in time for Christmas. But no, instead we get this. Sad, really sad. They're not thinking of the customer doing this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think they are more interested in getting WiiUs into the hands of consumers as cheaply as possible while also clearing their own stock of the 8gb model.
    It is disappointing for those who have yet to pill the trigger to see so few premium bundles at discounted prices but that would have simply made the basic version even less attractive and likely to sell.
    So, from a business sense, better to sell the less well appointed console for less and get more machines into the hands of players.
    And Sony and MS have done the same in their time, selling the less attractive older SKU off cheaply and maintaining the premium model prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

sligeach wrote: »
    That Smash Bros. Wii U console bundle is terrible. Nintendo have been really desperate as of late to clear out the huge backlog of the Basic Wii U's they have sitting on their books once and for all. The price drop and now this. 2 years on and they're still selling the launch period produced Basic Wii U's. They could have made an enticing Premium Smash bundle with Gamecube controller adapter, controller and game in time for Christmas. But no, instead we get this. Sad, really sad. They're not thinking of the customer doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I think they are more interested in getting WiiUs into the hands of consumers as cheaply as possible while also clearing their own stock of the 8gb model.
    It is disappointing for those who have yet to pill the trigger to see so few premium bundles at discounted prices but that would have simply made the basic version even less attractive and likely to sell.
    So, from a business sense, better to sell the less well appointed console for less and get more machines into the hands of players.
    And Sony and MS have done the same in their time, selling the less attractive older SKU off cheaply and maintaining the premium model prices.

I see your point but the Basic bundle isn't really cheaper because pretty much straight away you'll need your cheque book at the ready to buy an external hard drive. It's not really a 8GB Wii U, you've only 3GB's left after the updates. For the most part, there's not enough room to download even 1 retail game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I'm toying with the idea of buying a basic one anyway. Cos I just think it's dead pretty. But if I did, I'd have to keep it sealed, which would sort of defeat the purpose.

Gonna get a game or two for Christmas. Smash Bros, maybe Bayonetta. Is Watchdogs worth a punt, considering the limiting factor in my game playing is finding time to actually play?

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I'm toying with the idea of buying a basic one anyway. Cos I just think it's dead pretty. But if I did, I'd have to keep it sealed, which would sort of defeat the purpose.

Gonna get a game or two for Christmas. Smash Bros, maybe Bayonetta. Is Watchdogs worth a punt, considering the limiting factor in my game playing is finding time to actually play?

I wouldn't buy it until it's in the bargain bin. Ubisoft made us unnecessarily wait 6 months for a non enhanced port, I can wait another 6 months if need be and buy it for €10. Only shop in Ireland selling it is Gamestop and they're charging €75. Just another reason I hope they die soon.

The white gamepad is a bit of a pain to keep clean. I agree, it does look nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ol' Donie wrote: »

If there's one thing I've learned in the last 6 years since Gaming time became a premium (I'm still working through Dragon Age, Fallout 3 and Portal 2 on PC for christs sake, haven't finished Skyward Sword or Kirby's Epic Yarn, SM3DW or, now I think about it, any game at all on the WiiU etc etc Pikmin 3 is still in it's wrapper) it's this :

Play the best games. Only the best games.

This is irrespective of price. Do not let a low-low-price fool you into buying something that you're not going to play, or worse are going to play and later regret because it's just digital soakage. If you listen, the wind is whispering Assassin's Creed III...

There's no point buying Hyrule Warriors if you haven't finished Bayonetta 2. It's like leaving half way through your Darwin's steak to get a McDonalds burger. Need For Speed - fun as it is - is not getting a run out while there's Mariokart on the shelf.
    NSMBU? Rayman Legends, you fool!
    Tekken 2 and Injustice? Don't you mean Or, not And? Besides, don't you really mean "wait for Smash Bros"?
    You know in your heart that Watchdogs is going to be 'meh..' so don't waste that opportunity to play something worthwhile.

Banjo speaks the truth, I know from bitter experience. Clearing up to make way for the Christmas decorations I found my stash of 360 games, there's a few in there never played, FEAR 2 got an hour, and out of the Orange Box, only Portal and the first part of Half Life 2.

But do I learn ? Not at all. I've been stocking up on cheap Wii U games. In fairness, they are good ones, Rayman, New Super Mario Brothers, Zombie U and Nintendo Land.

I see Mario 3D in Argos for €49 and I have one of their €10 vouchers, sure I'd be mad not to wouldn't I ?

Banjo wrote: »
    If there's one thing I've learned in the last 6 years since Gaming time became a premium (I'm still working through Dragon Age, Fallout 3 and Portal 2 on PC for christs sake, haven't finished Skyward Sword or Kirby's Epic Yarn, SM3DW or, now I think about it, any game at all on the WiiU etc etc Pikmin 3 is still in it's wrapper) it's this :

Play the best games. Only the best games.

This is irrespective of price. Do not let a low-low-price fool you into buying something that you're not going to play, or worse are going to play and later regret because it's just digital soakage. If you listen, the wind is whispering Assassin's Creed III...

There's no point buying Hyrule Warriors if you haven't finished Bayonetta 2. It's like leaving half way through your Darwin's steak to get a McDonalds burger. Need For Speed - fun as it is - is not getting a run out while there's Mariokart on the shelf.
    NSMBU? Rayman Legends, you fool!
    Tekken 2 and Injustice? Don't you mean Or, not And? Besides, don't you really mean "wait for Smash Bros"?
    You know in your heart that Watchdogs is going to be 'meh..' so don't waste that opportunity to play something worthwhile.

Have to agree too, so much so that from today, I am not buying anymore games until maybe March or April for WiiU 3ds or ps3/4, disc or digital. And not gonna renew my ps+ account when it expires next week.

Too many great games getting half played, too many **** games being bought. It's an addiction at this stage.

Just started Smash last night, no idea what's going on but I'll keep at it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Mario 3D world is one of "The Best". Get it. :)

Advertisement