Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

awesome luigi wii gamecube controller works all the games that accept classic controller pro just like mk8, virtual console games, ssb wiiu, Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition, etc
    plus ive wiiu pro controller

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

To all of the people that are asking about games to get with/for the Wii U, I have just been reading over the last few pages, and I noticed one big glaring hole in the recommendations. For some reason it keeps being forgotten about..

Well Worth Reminding Everybody That This Game Exists.

:)

wii fit u can also use wii balance board confirmed by iwata himself on nintendo direct so who needs pay the extra wii u balance board when you got wii balance board from previous games wii fit or wii fit pro plus

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Banjo wrote: »
    If there's one thing I've learned in the last 6 years since Gaming time became a premium (I'm still working through Dragon Age, Fallout 3 and Portal 2 on PC for christs sake, haven't finished Skyward Sword or Kirby's Epic Yarn, SM3DW or, now I think about it, any game at all on the WiiU etc etc Pikmin 3 is still in it's wrapper) it's this :

Play the best games. Only the best games.

This is irrespective of price. Do not let a low-low-price fool you into buying something that you're not going to play, or worse are going to play and later regret because it's just digital soakage. If you listen, the wind is whispering Assassin's Creed III...

There's no point buying Hyrule Warriors if you haven't finished Bayonetta 2. It's like leaving half way through your Darwin's steak to get a McDonalds burger. Need For Speed - fun as it is - is not getting a run out while there's Mariokart on the shelf.
    NSMBU? Rayman Legends, you fool!
    Tekken 2 and Injustice? Don't you mean Or, not And? Besides, don't you really mean "wait for Smash Bros"?
    You know in your heart that Watchdogs is going to be 'meh..' so don't waste that opportunity to play something worthwhile.

Hey, thanks for the advice, Banjo. You should do a column.

Dear Banjo,

I'm in a hotel restaurant deciding what to have for dinner (sure what else would you be deciding in a restaurant?). Anyway, I normally get chicken wings, cos they're amazing. Question is, do I just get a few, along with a burger, or ignore the burger and just get an armful of wings? I'm afraid if I just go with the wings, I might be hungry later. I need advice!

Thanks,

Ol' Donie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Anyone else having trouble playing mario kart online? Keeps giving me an error. My internets working fine otherwise.

• Advertisement

Anyone else having trouble playing mario kart online? Keeps giving me an error. My internets working fine otherwise.
    I keep getting a message telling me that there is a problem with the servers, please try again later, when trying to update.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭kildarecommuter

Hi
    I'm buying the Wii U pack incl Mario Kart 8 as a Santa present plus Fifa 13Could someone please tell me do I need to buy another controller as well to make it a 2 player game etc
    Know nothing about Nintendo wii or Xbox etc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,714 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Hi
    I'm buying the Wii U pack incl Mario Kart 8 as a Santa present plus Fifa 13Could someone please tell me do I need to buy another controller as well to make it a 2 player game etc
    Know nothing about Nintendo wii or Xbox etc

Yes. You might be best buying a Wii U Pro controller. Good luck trying to buy one in the b&m shops. I'll have a look online.

It's available here for €39 but be advised they usually take 2 weeks for delivery so it may not arrve in time for Christmas.

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/official-nintendo-wii-u-pro-controller-black/dp/31544389#bc=7007

Maybe best look at Amazon. Some available for £37.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B009ACALCQ/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Or you could buy a Wii remote and nunchuk.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2476869/Trail/searchtext>WII+U+CONTROLLER.htm

It's half price there compared to most other places.

Smyths have nunchuks for €20.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-743/nintendo-wii-u/p-3699/wii-u-nunchuck-black-wii-u/

Or you could try buying them cheaper secondhand from adverts.ie or similar sites. Make sure they're official and make sure the Wii remote has motionplus built in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Hey, thanks for the advice, Banjo. You should do a column.

Dear Banjo,

I'm in a hotel restaurant deciding what to have for dinner (sure what else would you be deciding in a restaurant?). Anyway, I normally get chicken wings, cos they're amazing. Question is, do I just get a few, along with a burger, or ignore the burger and just get an armful of wings? I'm afraid if I just go with the wings, I might be hungry later. I need advice!

Thanks,

Ol' Donie

I think if you find yourself habitually ordering 2 main courses when you eat out, you need more than advice! But point taken (I think) - I suppose with Watchdogs, is there an alternative game that gives you a similar superior experience? The Batman Arkham games or Deus Ex maybe? Dither! You'll probably save 20 or 30 quid if you just put the decision off for a while :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I think if you find yourself habitually ordering 2 main courses when you eat out, you need more than advice! But point taken (I think) - I suppose with Watchdogs, is there an alternative game that gives you a similar superior experience? The Batman Arkham games or Deus Ex maybe? Dither! You'll probably save 20 or 30 quid if you just put the decision off for a while :-)

Just so we're clear, I was totally joking cos your reply was quite detailed, and I appreciated that!

Reading back that may not have come across - that'll teach me to post when I'm thinking about dinner.

In the end I got a starter of wings and a burger for the main, and all of it was manky.

OT, think Smash & double Bayonetta will do for now.

Another Watch Dogs question :).

What is the difference between the normal and Special editions? Also, was the DeadSec edition ever actually released for the Wii U?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=watch%20dogs%20wii%20u

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

sligeach wrote: »
    Yes. You might be best buying a Wii U Pro controller. Good luck trying to buy one in the b&m shops. I'll have a look online.

It's available here for €39 but be advised they usually take 2 weeks for delivery so it may not arrve in time for Christmas.

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/official-nintendo-wii-u-pro-controller-black/dp/31544389#bc=7007

Maybe best look at Amazon. Some available for £37.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B009ACALCQ/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

You could also have a look at http://www.nippon-yasan.com/ for a Pro Controller. You'd have to order it with a quick delivery to get it in time for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Allyall wrote: »
    I keep getting a message telling me that there is a problem with the servers, please try again later, when trying to update.

I'm not sure was it a problem with my internet or Wii U tbh.

I couldnt get into the shop (probably for the best :D) or onto the lobby for MK8 which I wasnt happy about.

I forgot I hadnt 3 starred all the tracks in 150cc though so I started into that. I got the first cup and then was 1st in the 1st 3 races in the 2nd and came 2nd in the 4th so didnt 3 star it. I dont know if I have the patience to get all of these 3 starred. Very challenging with objects flying at ya throughout the race. :(

I hear you get mirrored courses so I'll try it but not easy plus when I get back online I'll probably go back to that as I find it more fun against real people albeit randomers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Jaysus, whats with the shortage of the gamecube adapter, i was asked to pick up one for a relative but they are either sold out or 40 to 50 euro or 100+ on ebay :-o

Jaysus, whats with the shortage of the gamecube adapter, i was asked to pick up one for a relative but they are either sold out or 40 to 50 euro or 100+ on ebay :-o
    On Amazon Italy
    The Adaptor is available for €19.24 + €7.76 shipping (€27.16 Delivered)

Amazon France may work out cheaper

Google translate says The amazon.It is currently unavailable and the Amazon.fr dispatches within 2 to 4 weeks (i take it that means its not in stock yet either ) thank you for those links tho allyall i ordered one in case it does come back in stock

rip off only worth €15

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dear Banjo,
    I'm a married man of 42 with an 11 year old son.
    I love collecting and playing video games but find I've less and less time to play them.
    I have Bayonetta 2, MK8 and the DLC and a lot of others but barely played them all.
    So, with this in mind
    Should I cook the pork fillet or go with chicken for dinner, and what wine should I consider,
    Thanks!

awesome mario or luigi or peach wii gamecube controller works all the wii or wiiu games that accept classic controller pro just like mk8, virtual console games, ssb wiiu, Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition, etc

• Advertisement

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    rip off only worth €15

Jaysus! Gamerob is selling it for 40 euro :-o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Dear Banjo,
    I'm a married man of 42 with an 11 year old son.
    I love collecting and playing video games but find I've less and less time to play them.
    I have Bayonetta 2, MK8 and the DLC and a lot of others but barely played them all.
    So, with this in mind
    Should I cook the pork fillet or go with chicken for dinner, and what wine should I consider,
    Thanks!

If you butterfly the pork fillet and use that to wrap the chicken you can create a surprisingly erotic-looking meal to tempt your significant other. Cook it slow and low. Oh yeah. To complement this, you need a robust wine with the depth of Bayonetta's combat system but the punch of Mariolart's Lightning cup. I'd recomend Buckfast.

If you butterfly the pork fillet and use that to wrap the chicken you can create a surprisingly erotic-looking meal to tempt your significant other. Cook it slow and low. Oh yeah. To complement this, you need a robust wine with the depth of Bayonetta's combat system but the punch of Mariolart's Lightning cup. I'd recomend Buckfast.

this none my business but should you personals messages to the pms and dont put on a thread where everyone can read it

bayonette 2 should be ratted 18s not 16s she too sexy to be a 16s game

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

What???...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Thats wampyrus :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,714 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    rip off only worth €15

It's not even worth that, it should be no more than €10. Even at that price Nintendo would be laughing all the way to the bank. Instead, they've underproduced it and unscrupulous sellers are ripping off would be customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

What???...

He has dyslexia.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

It wasn't that. I was just wondering how we got from home prepared food to the age rating of Bayonetta.

question for smash owners, do you get anything for finishing the credits picture 100% ? i can never get to 100, all i can get is to 98% everytime

• Advertisement

wasnt for nintendo wii no kinect today

Advertisement