Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Yes wampyrus *pats on head*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

wasnt for nintendo nes no dance games today

on nes there was device call powerpad in 80s which was prequel before powerpad on gamecube

• Registered Users Posts: 17,714 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Why are you telling us these random things?

with bayonetta 2 and metroid 1 and people still say that nintendo just for kids and mortal kombat snes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    with bayonetta 2 and metroid 1 and people still say that nintendo just for kids and mortal kombat snes

Mortal Kombat Snes was awesome but the birth of game rumours and whatnot, about an urban legend "blood code" created a lot of my cynicism in life....fekkers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,148 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

smokingman wrote: »
    Mortal Kombat Snes was awesome but the birth of game rumours and whatnot, about an urban legend "blood code" created a lot of my cynicism in life....fekkers

So you didn't get the Sonya Blade Nudeality?

:pac:

smokingman wrote: »

so sexy women dont count
    yes there was a blood code you password http://ie.ign.com/cheats/games/mortal-kombat-1-gen-6284

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm going to have to replace several of my Nintendo handhelds, the sun has done a number on their cases :(
    My GB Pocket and a bunch of others have yellowed terribly.
    Feck it anyway.

I wonder what sort of time scale are the WiiU 2015 titles on?
    I know Captain Toad is first, in January, and Woolly World a little later, but I am trembling with anticipation for Starfox and Zelda!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Next person I see trying to take a dig at a poster simply because the player won't notice or get it will be taking a short break from the forum.
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm going to have to replace several of my Nintendo handhelds, the sun has done a number on their cases :(

Couldn't you get them treated to reverse that? Some retrobrite?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,714 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Feck it anyway.

I know Captain Toad is first, in January, and Woolly World a little later, but I am trembling with anticipation for Starfox and Zelda!

You forgot Xenoblade Chronicles X. That's on a par with Zelda for me and that's the highest praise it can get. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

So many great games already out and do many more on the way.

Persobally I'm most looking forward to the new Star Fox game but all the others mentioned are definite buys for me too.

New Zelda and X ..... Seriously mouth watering.

The Toad game looks great too. Expanding on the Mario 3D World mini games. Could be a nice switch on play and forget about life kinda puzzler.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Finally got the Mrs to have a go on the WiiU. Bit of MK8, for the craic.

Was immediately met with guffaws and howls of laughter. Somewhere on the 2nd lap of her 2nd race, she said those immortal words.

"Who the fuck threw that!"

I didn't have the heart to tell her the green shell she got hit with was the one she threw shortly before that. :o

To her credit, she picked up drifting pretty quickly, especially seeing as her gaming history consists of Solitaire on her phone, Professor Laytons games, and a couple of CSI games.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,148 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Feck it anyway.

Is it not meant to be that colour? :)
    http://www.museumofplay.org/online-collections/22/44/109.14745

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

question for smash owners, do you get anything for finishing the credits picture 100% ? i can never get to 100, all i can get is to 98% everytime

i got an achieve on the 3ds version for it, yeah.
    toad, splatoon, mario maker, wooly world, star fox, then zelda
    maybe x between mario maker and wooly world
    sligeach wrote: »
    Why are you telling us these random things?
    It's just what he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,231 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Lads I've met wampyrus in person a few times now at various conventions.

He's a nice lad but he has Aspergers so it's not his fault that he finds it hard to keep up with or not understand the subilities such as sarcasm or whatever... which as I'm sure you all appreciate is quite difficult to understand without the tone of voice of speaking in person anyway regardless of whatever end up the spectrum you may be on.

So... I know I've been guilty of misunderstanding him in the past myself but can you lay off a little bit please?

He's a nice fella, it's not his fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

MrVestek wrote: »
    So... I know I've been guilty of misunderstanding him in the past myself but can you lay off a little bit please?
    Didn't mean anything like that myself, I got used to him a while back, I like his way of posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Same here. Seems like a decent bloke, I was just highly confused.

The internet doesn't convey tone very well..

I'm also guilty of getting the wrong side of the stick about wampyrus, but I put it down to me being a grumpy prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

wampy is an asset to the Nintendo forum. Long may he continue to post here. :)

MrVestek wrote: »
    Lads I've met wampyrus in person a few times now at various conventions.

He's a nice lad but he has Aspergers so it's not his fault that he finds it hard to keep up with or not understand the subilities such as sarcasm or whatever... which as I'm sure you all appreciate is quite difficult to understand without the tone of voice of speaking in person anyway regardless of whatever end up the spectrum you may be on.

He's a nice fella, it's not his fault.

thank you very much pal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Mr E wrote: »

Dead right. Place wouldn't be the same without him.

Captain Toad 2015 i very suprize that wiiu game

when i saw it 1st i tought be a 3ds game because its such small scale platform game, well i was wrong

I thought Yoshies Woolie World looks really really good, hope it's a proper Nintendo platformer.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Captain Toad is top of my list for 2015. New Years weekend playing through it, should be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

so sexy women dont count
    yes there was a blood code you password http://ie.ign.com/cheats/games/mortal-kombat-1-gen-6284

It was a sliding scale - sure, the SNES had "sexy women" (arguable, but I guess it's digitized chicks in swimsuits doing kung fu, so it's admissable. Mileena, with her mouth full of knives, somehow edges Kitana because she's so hideous without the face-mask :) ) but the Megadrive had the sexy women AND buckets of blood and guts. So SNES, being partially censored, is for kids. It's amazing what a small thing it was that started this crazy snowball.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Mr E wrote: »

Did you see the pic he posted dressed up as blue Link?! Legend! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

thank you very much pal

NTSC at 60hz and in RGB FOREVA!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Welp, traded in a crap load of stuff to CEX today and got €245 credit - enough for a Wii U and a few quid off a game. Will hopefully grab it this weekend depending on their stock levels but might have to wait until New Year. Going to get Mario 3D World, Mario Kart and Wind Waker initially along with Bayonetta but are there any decent download only titles worth picking up?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If you haven't played them elsewhere, Shovel Knight and Guacamelée are excellent.
    Also, there's Super Metroid, Super Mariokart and F Zero on the Virtual Console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,557 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

What's the story with that fire emblem and shin Megami tensai crossover? Any word when it's coming out?
    I need another game I can waste nearly 100 hrs on.

Anyone else have a big WiiU Christmas lined up?
    Smash Bros, Hyrule Warriors and a surprise game all lined up to get into.
    Well also be having a MarioKartathon, to be followed up on Stephens Day by a Mario Chaseathon. Stage 2 over and over for a few hours.

Raging there wasn't any battle tracks on the new Mario Kart.

Advertisement