Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I use the gamepad any time I play.

I do remember feeling that cramp when I got it first, but then it just stopped. Don't ask me...

Any time I get a new console, I cramp up using the controller for the first while. Then I get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Has Pikmin 3 suddenly become rare? I can't find a copy for sale anywhere!

Phew! Found one. Thought I missed the boat there.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,148 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm thinking about getting a Wii U. I was a pretty dedicated gamer until around 2009/2010 or so, but over the last 4-5 years I just had less and less time to play video games. I sold my Wii and 360, (never owned a PS3). But things have changed, and I want to get back into gaming. Yesterday I made lists of games I was interested in for all the main consoles from Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo, and the Wii U came out the obvious winner for me, especially with its backwards compatibility with the Wii. The PS4 would've been my second choice, if I could've played all the PS3 exclusives I've never played. Anyways, the lists I made:

Wii

Donkey Kong Country Returns
    Kirby's Epic Yarn
    Kirby's Return To Dream Land
    Sonic Colours

Wii U

Bayonetta
    Bayonetta 2
    Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
    DuckTales: Remastered
    Kirby and The Rainbow Curse
    New Super Luigi U
    Resident Evil: Revelations
    Sonic Lost World
    Splatoon
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2
    Yoshi's Woolly World

Bearing in mind those are the kind of games I like, are there any other games like those for the Wii/Wii U that I'm missing? Note: I have played the big titles pre-2009, and also Super Mario Galaxy 2 in 2010. I also played and completed New Super Mario Bros. U (Christmas 2012) and Super Mario 3D World (Christmas 2013) at my brother's house.

I'd recommend Lego City Undercover since it's great fun. Rayman Legends as another platformer.

And as I always suggest for Wii games, if you're a Prince of Persia fan, the Wii version of Forgotten Sands is brilliant. Then there's also Zack and Wiki.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Edge Magazine has named Bayonetta 2 as its goty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Lads when did wii u games gets hard to come by and so.expensive used? Looking at prices in cex and Amazon and just wow mad prices

• Registered Users Posts: 17,710 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Shigeru Miyamoto Interview (Creator of Mario!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUkU6O4p7Lw

Insightful interview concerning upcoming games like Zelda Wii U, Starfox, Mario Maker, Splatoon and Yoshi's Woolly Yarn.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Lads when did wii u games gets hard to come by and so.expensive used? Looking at prices in cex and Amazon and just wow mad prices

CEX wouldn't be cheap anyway.
    Here is a sometimes accurate price guide - http://gamebase.dealspwn.com/WiiU
    Amazon are usually okay. I see a few have gone up and a few come down, maybe Christmas effect.

Today is the last day for Video Game orders from Amazon to get here in time for Christmas.

I'm missing 6 from the top ten :eek: But it may also mean I have a lot more to look forward to ;)
    http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/47/wii-u/

I have NSMBU on order nearly 3 weeks, I may cancel and order elsewhere.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Christmas couple with high demand couple with end of year. Back to normality in January.

I remember it was the same way with the Dreamcast all those years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Allyall wrote: »
    I have NSMBU on order nearly 3 weeks, I may cancel and order elsewhere.

Same as myself. Delivery date was updated to the 23rd or so a few weeks back, but unless it's despatched today or tomorrow I don't see that happening. I've enough to keep me busy anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Christmas couple with high demand couple with end of year. Back to normality in January.

I remember it was the same way with the Dreamcast all those years ago.

seems to be very little available on adverts etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Apparently Game and other places are breaking the captain toad street date and selling it tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

cloud493 wrote: »
    Apparently Game and other places are breaking the captain toad street date and selling it tomorrow :D

Damn it, no Game in Ireland.

Any chance Smyths will sell it tomorrow?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Yup, I guess Nintendo gave them the go ahead for early release as they do a lot with GAME. Good for sales!

We'll of course have to wait till January and be charged €59.99 by Gamestop. Smyths will get my money at €39.99, which I still think is too expensive, should be €29.99, seeing as Nintendo are releasing it as a cheap budget game for after Xmas

And today is the last day to order from the UK to get here before Christmas.... :(

I'm gonna go to belfast on friday and try and get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'd recommend Lego City Undercover since it's great fun. Rayman Legends as another platformer.

And as I always suggest for Wii games, if you're a Prince of Persia fan, the Wii version of Forgotten Sands is brilliant. Then there's also Zack and Wiki.
    I took a look on youtube at all four of those, and actually added all of them to my lists. Thanks.

I took a look on youtube at all four of those, and actually added all of them to my lists. Thanks.

I'm sure you won't regret them. All these games you get to play on one system. Not bad going. :)

I see Amazon has Captain Toad available for preorder again but price is gone up to £29.86

It seems I may have been a bit too quick to act.
    After ordering a game from moonlooker.com, I read reviews, I'd say they are 60/40 with the majority complaining about delays.

Anyway, I went and cancelled my order, and they sent an email 20 minutes ago telling me I will be refunded. I may try and order from them again. Their prices seem excellent (which is why I started to doubt).
    If I get the refund, and in the future, I'm not in any hurry for an order, I may try them again.
    They do seem slow, and customer service replied once, but not again, however that may have been as much my fault, confusing, and the language barrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

So first world problem, smash bros arrived today from hdwow finally. Do I wait till Xmas day or open up and give it a go tonight ?

• Advertisement

Well you have to make sure it works so just play for a few minutes then put it away til Christmas. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Well you have to make sure it works so just play for a few minutes then put it away til Christmas. :pac:

Yeah I don't know if I'd have the will power tbh.

To cap it off and maybe it's a sign but I keep getting disconnected when playing Destiny.

I think thats just destiny's servers :p

Yeah I don't know if I'd have the will power tbh.

That was the idea. I know I can never try something out for a few minutes. Unless "a few minutes" is another way of saying "a couple of hours" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

I'm sure you won't regret them. All these games you get to play on one system. Not bad going. :)

I see Amazon has Captain Toad available for preorder again but price is gone up to £29.86

we know release date of captain toad is 2nd of January but you do release the day before is bank Holiday it could be postponed because of holidays

People reporting that they have already received copies of Captain Toad.

Does anybody/everybody have a headset? I've never had one, don't know why, but thinking of buying one for the Wii U now. Is the official one any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Allyall wrote: »
    People reporting that they have already received copies of Captain Toad.

Does anybody/everybody have a headset? I've never had one, don't know why, but thinking of buying one for the Wii U now. Is the official one any good?
    I have the turtle beach one nearly a year and it's pretty good; no issues on the mic and sound quality is good through the headphones.

On another note, went looking to buy Hyrule warriors from a b&m shop yesterday and out of stock in Smyths and Argos....they do know we're in the middle of a toy buying season yeah?!

Argos just let me reserve captain toad :D

Argos just let me reserve captain toad :D
    I just did as well, to collect before the end of tomorrow.. :D
    But will it be there if we go in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yoink! Reserved the last one in the Crescent in Limerick. Let me know if you can collect it. :)

€43.99 is a great price too.

Advertisement