Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

moving away from captain toad. playing watch dogs on the wii u at the moment its class!! no issues with it graphically.

Good to hear.

I'd kinda like to get my hands on the Ded Sec Edition. Cheapest on PS4 at the moment on amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Watch-Dogs-DedSec-Edition-PS4/dp/B00E5Y3DLA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418998007&sr=8-1&keywords=dead+sec

Not sure I want to spend £38 on it though. Might wait a little longer and see will it fall further as I dont need it in my life at the moment.

Cool statue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Good to hear.

I'd kinda like to get my hands on the Ded Sec Edition. Cheapest on PS4 at the moment on amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Watch-Dogs-DedSec-Edition-PS4/dp/B00E5Y3DLA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418998007&sr=8-1&keywords=dead+sec

Not sure I want to spend £38 on it though. Might wait a little longer and see will it fall further as I dont need it in my life at the moment.

Cool statue.

You are proabably be better off getting it on another console to get the downloadable content anyway, doesnt seem to be much available on the wiiu and seems to be unlikely to come aswell. my platforms are only my wii u and 3ds so had no choice to play it on the wii u. its grand tho 3 hours in and no problems thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

sligeach wrote: »
    Ha Ha. So true. Although SteamWorld Dig is half price, €4.49 at the minute.

What are Smyths doing? When are they selling it? They're a little better than Argos at €40.

Was just in Smyths jervis st at lunch. Captain Toad is not on sale there as they didn't get stock in yet but guy I asked said if it comes in tomorrow or even Sunday it will go straight out on the floor. Its 39.99 there. I'm still gonna wait till January.

Just got Captain Falcon and Link Amiibo in Smyths, 30 for the two. No Zelda in stock so went to Gamestop(I know), they had 1 Zelda behind the upstairs counter, got it, bloody €17 though! Lots of Mario and Peach Amiibo

They did have Little Mac and Pit too, but, ugh, 17 each, no thanks, but if anyone else is interested in finding them they are in gamestop on Henry st.

Anyone else get any Amiibo today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Got Luigi myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

You are proabably be better off getting it on another console to get the downloadable content anyway, doesnt seem to be much available on the wiiu and seems to be unlikely to come aswell. my platforms are only my wii u and 3ds so had no choice to play it on the wii u. its grand tho 3 hours in and no problems thus far.

Yeah I'd probably go with the PS4 version seen as I have it.

I am tempted at £38 but not enought to pull the trigger just yet.

Too many consoles and games and not enough time to play them is my issue.

Glad to hear some positives around Watchdogs though as it got pretty much slated at release after a lot of hype.

Kinda reminds me of Destiny in that regard actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

i very surprised to see captain toad get on time who deliver it on hoilday

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    i very surprised to see captain toad get on time who deliver it on hoilday

I'm undecided whether to play it this weekend or unwrap it christmas day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,710 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I think that about most of his/her posts about ninty stuff. Although he/she claims to love Nintendo.

I think I even called troll recently because there seemed to be a problem with pretty much everything the wii u did in his/her eyes. :confused:

I'm not a troll. Anything but and I'm fairly sure I told you that. The Wii U has major problems. I choose not to ignore them. I b1tch sometimes because I care and it frustrates me to see Nintendo make so many mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Lads agus Lassies. I'm *in bits here, can't move, I had to go back to bed earlier.
    Long story short, I won't be venturing outside of this room for the forseeable future, I have an argos reservation code for Toad in Swords if anybody would like it. It expires at end of business tomorrow.

EDIT - I just read back over some of the posts today. Not sure if anyone wants it, but it's there anyway.

*I should've looked after myself properly last week.. ..Relapse :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Yay I got it :D sorry to hear your not well allyall :(

• Advertisement

I'm undecided whether to play it this weekend or unwrap it christmas day :)
    i m going wait for st stephens day sales

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Nothing we don't already know but...

I was in Game in Coventry during the week. A reasonably small to average sized store. Then I was in Dundrum Shopping Centre today.

Game had way, way more WiiU stuff than the entire Dundrum shopping centre (including Argos).

Breaks my heart.

Well gamestop have relegated the Wii U stuff to sub sections these days, least in the ones I go into. And HMV/xtravision hardly sell any nintendo stuff as it is.

ssb unlockables characters are
    mewtwo (only with free when you register 3ds and wii u versions or play dlc ) Number of Matches
    3DS Unlocks
    Wii U Unlocks
    10 Matches Ness
    Falco
    20 Matches Falco Wario
    30 Matches Wario Lucina
    40 Matches Lucina Dark Pit
    50 Matches Dark Pit Dr. Mario
    60 Matches Dr. Mario R.O.B.
    70 Matches R.O.B. -
    80 Matches Ganondorf Mr. Game & Watch
    90 Matches Mr. Game & Watch -
    100 Matches Bowser Jr. Duck Hunt
    110 Matches Duck Hunt -
    120 Matches Jigglypuff -

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Anybody near the Argos in Galway, or the one in Nutgrove?

why is captain toad comes out on day after new years day the 2nd january, i afraid going that captain toad be postponed because its arriving day after bank hoilday

• Registered Users Posts: 17,710 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I haven't been in HMV in yonks. Do they still sell Wii U games? Last I heard they don't and neither does Xtravision. Is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    why is captain toad comes out on day after new years day the 2nd january, i afraid going that captain toad be postponed because its arriving day after bank hoilday

Captain Toad is out now. The release date was brought forward.

sligeach wrote: »
    I haven't been in HMV in yonks. Do they still sell Wii U games? Last I heard they don't and neither does Xtravision. Is this true?

Miserable selection in both places, I'm afraid. It's kind of depressing actually. I think Smyths are the only one with a half decent selection, but God knows how long that will last.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Gilma2010

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Nothing we don't already know but...

I was in Game in Coventry during the week. A reasonably small to average sized store. Then I was in Dundrum Shopping Centre today.

Game had way, way more WiiU stuff than the entire Dundrum shopping centre (including Argos).

Breaks my heart.

I'm looking for Wii U games too. The range in the shops here is very limited, unless you want second hand games. I ended up getting Mario Kart 8 from Amazon.co.uk for €45 (sterling £35) with free delivery. Argos price was €55. Even with the banks rip off exchange rate I saved €10!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Gilma2010

Mr E wrote: »
    Captain Toad is out now. The release date was brought forward.

Where did you see Captain Toad? I'm off to Blanchardstown shopping today and need an extra Wii U game!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Gilma2010 wrote: »
    Where did you see Captain Toad? I'm off to Blanchardstown shopping today and need an extra Wii U game!

Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 10,557 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

is capt. toad single player only? Are there any mini games on it that are multiplayer?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    is capt. toad single player only? Are there any mini games on it that are multiplayer?

I think I read somewhere that it's single player only. Maybe here - http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/wiiu/captain_toad_treasure_tracker

Back of the box says offline 1 player.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm gonna have to bank on vouchers for this one, roll on Chrimbo!

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Just reserved Bayonetta 1&2 in argos. €51.99 at the minute and I have a €5 voucher to spend by Christmas Eve. More than likely won't get in until Wednesday to pick it up, so I reserved it where there was no stock so they'd order it in and hold it until then, ha.

They're holding orders for a week due to the Christmas by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

How long does this Wii U system update take? Ha

I thought the time remaining was in seconds at first. I guess I was wrong....

It failed a couple of times in the middle too. Probably just times out because it was taking so long. I've lost track of how long I've been sitting here watching a progress bar. Wasn't risking leaving it until Christmas morning again this year though. The 3DS last year was enough...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Wise man say a watched WiiU never updates. When I got mine I ended up plugging it in in the hall directly beside my router to try to avoid the constant time-outs. Didn't help at all but made me feel good to be doing something "positive" to move it along. The constant drop-outs Your best bet is to start doing something that the WiiU completing it's update would interrupt, then it will fly along.

Advertisement