Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Pretty good week on the eshop for Xmas day

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/12/nintendo_download_25th_december_europe

Is AC4 and Marvel Avengers worth the asking sale price?

Totally getting Duck Hunt!

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Yep, thought about moving it upstairs beside the router, but in my tired state I decided it wasn't wise, ha.

When it started at first and I saw 01:38, I thought "a minute and a half, thought it would be longer than that..". Watching the remaining time increase is the killer.

Just finished updating now. Now it's just the games left to do before it's packed away again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

AVengers by all accounts is durt.
    ACIV is pretty good from what I've played of it. Not it's first time at this price though, probably not it's last. ACIII is also a good game but it becomes a bit of a chore by the end, the artificial limits on your exploration early on are jarring and for some reason they've tacked on a bull**** present-day sci-fi magic apple story that has no business getting in the way of the worlds worst history lesson.
    Splinter Cell was that price for a physical copy in Gamestop last new-year.
    Rabbids is supposed to be awful on wiiU, you're better off with one of the Wii games.
    Rayman Legends has been in and around that price on Amazon a few times since last year, but it's well worth it. Great platformer.
    Fantastic prices for Child of Light and ZombiU

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Love Kuru Kuru Kururin.... hard as nails though! Not sure about €6.99 for it either....

I'd say I'll get Child of Light from that list.

Quick question about the Mercedes cars in MK8. Were they applied in an update or was it free DLC from the eShop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Quick question about the Mercedes cars in MK8. Were they applied in an update or was it free DLC from the eShop?

That was free from what I remember. Absolutely worth getting the DLC by the way; the f-zero track is worth it alone!

Yeah, was just looking at it in the eShop. I'll more than likely pick up an eShop card after Christmas and download them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

smokingman wrote: »
    That was free from what I remember. Absolutely worth getting the DLC by the way; the f-zero track is worth it alone!

Loving the DLC myself. Yoshi's circuit has long been a favourite track of mine and Tanooki Mario is now my go-to character!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Loving the DLC myself. Yoshi's circuit has long been a favourite track of mine and Tanooki Mario is now my go-to character!

That's probably the most technical track in the game alright, absolute cracker!

Just packed it away with such precision that I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo showed up at my door and offered me a job in their packaging department.

Managed to get in a few sneaky games while I was waiting for the gamepad to charge up fully. Finished 5th in my first MK8 online race and won my first Smash free for all. Hadn't got the slightest idea what was going on in Smash, but it was fun!

Had an issue connecting my Club Nintendo account to the eShop though. It kept telling me my account details were wrong (even though I'm signed in now on my phone). I'll come back to it and try it again though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,710 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Toki Tori 2 + is worth getting too. €2.99 as well. You're practically robbing them. I'm definitely getting Child Of Light. Don't forget to pick up Steam World Dig for €4.49. It's discounted on the eShop at the minute but don't know how long for.

it's like they know I just got a €5 premium page voucher... Which Dig is better, WiiU or 3DS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I thought the time remaining was in seconds at first. I guess I was wrong....

Doing the update myself today and thought the same. Although for me the time is overestimated, it's quicker than the initial hour and twenty or so.

Also, my Mario Brothers has been in a status of shipping all weekend with the estimated delivery date remaining as tomorrow. Not a chance I was thinking until they despatched it this morning via UPS to get it here for Christmas. I only paid £14 and used the free super saver delivery so nice one nice guy Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Pretty good week on the eshop for Xmas day

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/12/nintendo_download_25th_december_europe

Is AC4 and Marvel Avengers worth the asking sale price?

Totally getting Duck Hunt!

AC4 is pretty decent, and a lot of fun, which other recent AC games have been sorely lacking.

I'd go for Rayman Legends instead though, seriously good game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

I didnt really like AC III i got bored of it and havent had the urge to play it again, watchdogs is kinda similar in ways to AC but a hell of a lot more fun, might get AC 4 while on sale tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,148 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Reminder
    The deadline for earning points in the Deluxe Digital Promotion is December 31, 2014. Only eligible purchases or eligible download codes used in Nintendo eShop for Wii U before December 31, 2014 will qualify for this promotion. The deadline to exchange your points for an activation code is March 31, 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Played the first few levels of Captain Toad last night. What a fun game. Tech demo my ass. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Duck Hunt on VC!
    A must have, though I have the original too.
    Child of Light I'll pick up too.
    Not to sure about ACIV, might wait until I spot a cheap physical copy.
    I'm going to try and slip out today and pick up Captain Toad.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,148 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How's Duck Hunt played? Wiimote or touchscreen?

Can you shoot the dog now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

scram kitty is reduced too, anyone try it?

• Advertisement

I have it. It's ok. Some people rave about it, I found it a little boring and VERY frustrating. It reminds me a lot of that 3DS game (the one where you have to capture escaped female convicts by making blocks move in and out of the background with the magic siren on your head? Can't remember the name) - not in the way you play it but the way it plays - it feels like it would have been a work of art if it came out in 1990, but it feels.... old?... rather than retro. Swinging around the same outcrop of map, desperately trying to make a pixel perfect jump to get the last little pickup or pulling off gravity-defying slingshot jumps that you can only do by accident, never on demand....

Basically, I'm **** at old-school video games, I was in the 90s, I am now. As a result I don't like it. But maybe you will?

Edit : Mighty Switch Force! That's the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

CastorTroy wrote: »
    How's Duck Hunt played? Wiimote or touchscreen?

Wiimote, yes, but it doesn't do anything :pac:.

I just bought Tank! Tank! Tank! for €13.90 delivered.
    Last in stock, so kind of an impulse buy, wasn't sure if a good price or not. I'm sure i'll get more than that value out of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Banjo wrote: »
    I have it. It's ok. Some people rave about it, I found it a little boring and VERY frustrating. It reminds me a lot of that 3DS game (the one where you have to capture escaped female convicts by making blocks move in and out of the background with the magic siren on your head? Can't remember the name) - not in the way you play it but the way it plays - it feels like it would have been a work of art if it came out in 1990, but it feels.... old?... rather than retro. Swinging around the same outcrop of map, desperately trying to make a pixel perfect jump to get the last little pickup or pulling off gravity-defying slingshot jumps that you can only do by accident, never on demand....

Basically, I'm **** at old-school video games, I was in the 90s, I am now. As a result I don't like it. But maybe you will?

Edit : Mighty Switch Force! That's the one.

cheers, might try a demo if there is one or probably leave it. Think ill get child of light though and regarding Steamworld I have it on 3ds and enjoyed it. Might be better on bigger screen of gamepad though.

sweetie wrote: »
    cheers, might try a demo if there is one or probably leave it. Think ill get child of light though and regarding Steamworld I have it on 3ds and enjoyed it. Might be better on bigger screen of gamepad though.

I just bought it (Steamworld dig). Hard to turn down at that price. I'm going to hold out on one or two other games and see if there are any surprise offers over Christmas (I doubt it, but....).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,710 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Allyall wrote: »
    Wiimote, yes, but it doesn't do anything :pac:.

I just bought Tank! Tank! Tank! for €13.90 delivered.
    Last in stock, so kind of an impulse buy, wasn't sure if a good price or not. I'm sure i'll get more than that value out of it :)

Where did you buy it from? Was it new? I hate you so much right now. ;) I was trying to get that for my nephew as a Christmas present. He loved the demo. It was very hard to find it new and reasonably priced delivered to Ireland.

€13.90 and that's just sickening.

I've been trying to buy this one on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Tank-Tank-Tank-Nintendo-Wii-U-Game-NEW-SEALED-/251761998953?ssPageName=ADME:B:BOC:GB:1123

They messed me around, so slow with the responses. Let my first offer expire and rejected another. Wouldn't accept a best offer of £19(€25+) with delivery. I put in that offer last Saturday morning. Could have arrived in time if they responded but they didn't and anyway they turned it down the next time. I told them I needed a quick response the first time and I've another offer in since yesterday afternoon and have heard nothing.

I wouldn't even mind but it's not a great game but the nephew likes it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

CastorTroy wrote: »

I wish this.
    If it was dlc and I had to pay for it, it'd be worth it to shoot that smug, giggling git in the noggin.

AFAIK its Wiimote, Touchscreen would be too easy, as demonstrated in the DS port of Point Blank.

sligeach wrote: »
    Where did you buy it from? Was it new? I hate you so much right now. ;) I was trying to get that for my nephew as a Christmas present. He loved the demo. It was very hard to find it new and reasonably priced delivered to Ireland.

€13.90 and that's just sickening.

I've been trying to buy this one on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Tank-Tank-Tank-Nintendo-Wii-U-Game-NEW-SEALED-/251761998953?ssPageName=ADME:B:BOC:GB:1123

They messed me around, so slow with the responses. Let my first offer expire and rejected another. Wouldn't accept a best offer of £19(€25+) with delivery. I put in that offer last Saturday morning. Could have arrived in time if they responded but they didn't and anyway they turned it down the next time. I told them I needed a quick response the first time and I've another offer in since yesterday afternoon and have heard nothing.

I wouldn't even mind but it's not a great game but the nephew likes it.

I bought it from a store on priceminister, brand new. There are more, just not at that price but should be less than €20 delivered. Also shipping will vary from each seller, but usually around €5.
    http://www.priceminister.com/offer/buy/179207896/tank-tank-tank.html
    New prices in purple
    Used prices in red

I just saw a copy of Tanks for the WiiU, preowned, in GS in Clarehall.
    No idea the price though, give them a call.

I know the store. Did it have this logo on the shelf where the price should have been?
    Gamestop_Pricing_Error.jpg
    *crosses fingers PostImage allows direct linking...*
    *remembers discussion of Gamestop pricing was on another thread and this might be a little too non-sequitious...*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Really enjoying Mario World 3D. Although there was a level 3-2 I came across last night which drove me insane. It was badly designed IMO, never have I thought that about a level in a Mario game!

It looks and sounds gorgeous in HD though:)

Advertisement