Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

sligeach wrote: »
    I haven't been in HMV in yonks. Do they still sell Wii U games? Last I heard they don't and neither does Xtravision. Is this true?
    Yes but only few wiiu games but they don't post them on their website
    They usual deal with Sony games and Microsoft games , the best place for wiiu games is gamestop and Smyths toystore

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    the best place for wiiu games is gamestop and Smyths toystore

and argos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Really enjoying Mario World 3D. Although there was a level 3-2 I came across last night which drove me insane. It was badly designed IMO, never have I thought that about a level in a Mario game!

It looks and sounds gorgeous in HD though:)
    Is that that moving level with the moving platforms and walls? Drove me daft aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Just picked up Bayonetta 1&2 in argos for €46.99 after a €5 voucher. Don't know how I'll ever get to play it though with the Wii U in the sitting room and the telly visible from the street, ha.

Xenoblade Chronicles X
    Video game
    Zelda u summer 2015

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Just picked up Bayonetta 1&2 in argos for €46.99 after a €5 voucher. Don't know how I'll ever get to play it though with the Wii U in the sitting room and the telly visible from the street, ha.

Thieves?

I just bought Armillo, it looks good in the trailer, and it's only €3. It comes as two downloads, the game and Update Data, looking forward to it, as I've been steam jumping all morning :) ..

Has anybody played The Cave? Is it any good? €12.99, but I've not heard a lot about it. That review is not very favourable, the trailer looks good, but would like to hear anyone elses view of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

armillo looks good, I might get that too.

I played a bit of the cave on psplus, its good but not at that price. think it was also cheap on PC.

sweetie wrote: »

I played a bit of the cave on psplus, its good but not at that price. think it was also cheap on PC.

Yeah, I may wait until it's on sale. I didn't realise it was also on other platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,710 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Allyall wrote: »
    I bought it from a store on priceminister, brand new. There are more, just not at that price but should be less than €20 delivered. Also shipping will vary from each seller, but usually around €5.
    http://www.priceminister.com/offer/buy/179207896/tank-tank-tank.html
    New prices in purple
    Used prices in red

So that's the catch. They're not UK PAL. Thanks though. I'll keep an eye on it and use Google translate. I'll do it in a bit. Still have a tiny bit of shopping to do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

So after getting Hyrule Warriors the other day, I had a 2 player game with my 5 year old son tonight. Told him some of the back story after playing most Zeldas since my own childhood about this being a brave young boy that became a hero etc. He played Link with the overpowered spinner I got from my Amiibo and while he couldn't follow the map and what needed to be done next on his first go (and kicking ass to a very proud daddys delight), he played the first level again telling my three year old who joined in as player two what to do on the same first level.....

I fúckun love Nintendo for that!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Strangely few warm family moments are fostered by a spot of GTAV, or Uncharted, pity that.
    But attempts to make a family friendly game result in dung like Knack, though at least Sony are capable of better, Tearaway is the stunning and one of my games of the year, Nintendo would be lucky to have it on one of their formats.
    No, Nintys fostering of family friendly local multiplayer titles has made them one of the few, of not only company, with this type of gameplay at the forefront.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Mr E wrote: »
    Played the first few levels of Captain Toad last night. What a fun game. Tech demo my ass. :)

Good to hear. Looking forward to playing it tomorrow with the wee lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,557 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Was playing the Mario Kart DLC last night with the brother and I know people were disappointed with another Peach character but there's something special about beating your brother dressed as a pink cat driving a one horse horse powered bike.

smokingman wrote: »
    So after getting Hyrule Warriors the other day, I had a 2 player game with my 5 year old son tonight. Told him some of the back story after playing most Zeldas since my own childhood about this being a brave young boy that became a hero etc. He played Link with the overpowered spinner I got from my Amiibo and while he couldn't follow the map and what needed to be done next on his first go (and kicking ass to a very proud daddys delight), he played the first level again telling my three year old who joined in as player two what to do on the same first level.....

I fúckun love Nintendo for that!
    Did get you register it at nintendo club for 3 ganondorf costumes and buy 5 dlc package for €15
    Yet

hey, I hope all U guys have a wii-ly good christmas

hey, I hope all U guys have a wii-ly good christmas

I will thanks, wii u? :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I see the WiiU is popping up as console of the year here and there, all down to it having the best games of 2014 exclusive to it.
    Well done Ninty!
    http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/9/7360131/wii-u-nintendo-game-of-the-year

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Nice to hear. That's why I got one. Nothing on the other consoles really caught my attention. It makes little sense for me to get them when I can still play most of the new releases on the PS3 or 360. A lot of re-releases and upgraded ports so far.

When I was thinking about getting a PS4 or an Xbox One, I didn't know what game to buy. When I looked at the Wii U, I couldn't decide which I wanted first!

Thats brilliant to hear, glad to see the wii u getting the recognition it so deserves. Hopefully the good game hurricane continues wel into 2015

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I see the WiiU is popping up as console of the year here and there, all down to it having the best games of 2014 exclusive to it.

Yeah, here there and everywhere really, lots of articles on why you should buy one.

Armillo made me feel a bit seasick.. Only at the very start, and I haven't played it again since. The screen kept spinning and spinning, I had to press up on the D-pad to stop it, then it did it again and again..
    I don't know if that was supposed to be a puzzle, but was seriously annoying..

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    Did get you register it at nintendo club for 3 ganondorf costumes and buy 5 dlc package for €15
    Yet

I was a bit impatient last night Wampyrus and ended up buying every bit of DLC and costumes as a pressie for myself. Really shouldn't go near the eshop after a few drinkies! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I'm really thinking next time Nintendo release a console (stop it, they will), I might break habit and not get it on release day.

I'm totally jealous of all the people getting a WiiU tomorrow. Happy for yis, you're in for an absolute treat, but dead jealous. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

So I'm home with family, packed my wii u this morning for some quality time. Unpacked just there and realise that I didn't pack any games!

I have link to the past and super metroid on VC, and I'll grab some games on sale in the eshop tomorrow. :)

Mr E wrote:
    So I'm home with family, packed my wii u this morning for some quality time. Unpacked just there and realise that I didn't pack any games!

nothing even in the CD slot?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Took out Captain Toad before packing (bad experience transporting my old 360 with a disk in the drive). Ah well. :)

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals :-)

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals :-)

Right back atcha ya speed demon! Some day, I'll beat you in mariokart!

Have a good one all and thank you for adding to one of the best communities on this site!

Yiz are all fekin legends!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I am out of Wii Games to get, have nothing new on the release front for the next 5-6 months, this has been a great year for the Wii, but we need some solid information about next years releases.

Advertisement