Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Jesus the chaos!

Love Delfino Plaza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Jesus the chaos!

Love Delfino Plaza.

Some Game!!!!!!

Ah, dude, I'm sorry but I'm gonna bow out again.

It's just to mental!

Thanks for the games

no worries man thanks for playin

I'll try to make some sense of it tomorrow, then I'll be in better shape! :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Just finished Captain Toad, brilliant game but very short.

any one up for som scuttered kart?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

How did you get chance to play captain toad when it's due 2nd of January

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    How did you get chance to play captain toad when it's due 2nd of January

It was 'unofficially' released early a few days ago. I saw something earlier that said rumours that there may be a plushie with some editions of Toad on the real release date, but they didn't say if it was Europe or America. One has a pick axe and the other has something else, I can't remember.

I can't check at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I hope captain toad isn't as short as it looks. Plays great though :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

I'm hoping to play a lot of the best wii games on the wii u, does anyone know if this can be done without the motion controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If the game required a motion controller on the wii, you'll need one on the wii u. If a game used a regular wiimote on the wii, it will use a regular one on the wii u.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

They are as cheap as chips anyway, probably pick one up for peanuts on Adverts, just make sure it has Motion Plus or the adapter included for maximum compatibility.

Thanks , I've captain toad not bad €39.99 from Smyths

Lads, I know we don't buy Nintendo consoles for this, but is that Black Ops the best online shooty game for it?

Never played it, or anything online apart from mk8 and Smash the last couple of days.

Since I've super mario 3d world I got bonus world with captain toad and captain toad has saving damsel in dress episode to rescue toadette lol that very common

Is there voice chat on mk8, anyone know?

Do any games have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I think there's voice chat in the game lobby. I don't think it works in-game though. Might depend on the game though too. I couldn't imagine something like Call of Duty or FIFA not having Voice chat with friends.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Is there voice chat on mk8, anyone know?

Do any games have it?
    Mario kart 8, super smash bros,
    Assassin's Creed III, Call of Duty Black Ops II and Mass Effect 3, any with multiplayer online game has voice chat feature

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

MK8 voice chat is only in the lobby of friends lobbies, not general public ones like the boardsies tourney ones.

Cod:ghosts is probably the best online shooter, has good voice chat in-game and there's always people playing death match (although not so much other modes)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Lads, can I use the classic controllers from the Wii on games like MK8 and Mario 3D on the Wii-U?

I've two classic controllers left over from my Wii. I know they've to be connected to the nunchuck and that's bit annoying, but it'd do until I can get the proper Wii-U controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Grayditch wrote: »
    Lads, can I use the classic controllers from the Wii on games like MK8 and Mario 3D on the Wii-U?

I've two classic controllers left over from my Wii. I know they've to be connected to the nunchuck and that's bit annoying, but it'd do until I can get the proper Wii-U controllers.

I'm pretty sure they work in mk8, don't think they work with 3D World though.

Ah, ok, cheers. Do most of you guys use the tablet to play most games? I may need to get more used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Ah, ok, cheers. Do most of you guys use the tablet to play most games? I may need to get more used to it.

As a newbie I've tried the game pad, Wii remote and pro controller playing 3D World and the pro is the best.

I've only used the gamepad and have found nothing wrong with it really. I might pick up a pro controller just to have a second controller for it.

Can you use the pro controller without using the gamepad?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Yes just go into gamepad controller settings and turn display off.

Yes classic controller works with mario kart 8 , ssb, tekken, mario 3d world, it's tell back of wiiu games you look at back see what compatible controller options and Luigi and mario , peach and link GameCube controller with every game that classic controller pro symbol is also for symbol classic controllers on the back of games

Grand, I think I'll grab a pro controller at some stage soon, too.

Watch new episode s of cat mario show there are 2 episodes for number 7

• Advertisement

I saw that Cat Mario thing in the eShop. What is it?

Advertisement