Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

Got Mass Effect 3 for a valentines gift and actually well impressed with it after hearing so much bad press about it. I'm a big Babylon5 fan from back in the day so the ripped-off story is one thing I don't mind because it's so good. Taking a while to get used to controlling it on the pad after six years of wiimote play but I spent four hours and a bottle of wine with it last night and loved it. Highly recommended even if you never played 1&2 (which I didn't).

May have been posting "lovely girl" pics on miiverse by the end of the wine though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

rumours are going around that the reason for rayman delay is cause of microsoft policy that you cant release a game on another platform first then xbox but has to be release at the same time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 zlwtoiihtgne

Is the Wii-U any good? I'm looking into getting one and I'm not sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Is the Wii-U any good? I'm looking into getting one and I'm not sure!

Yeah it is, it has huge potential. It's just very 'young' console wise so its gonna be a while before we get paydirt from it in terms of games.

EnterNow wrote: »

Yeah it is, it has huge potential. It's just very 'young' console wise so its gonna be a while before we get paydirt from it in terms of games.

Cool, it kind of just appeared out of nowhere so I was a bit curious! What features are there!

• Advertisement

Cool, it kind of just appeared out of nowhere so I was a bit curious! What features are there!

The pad is the big one for now, its really lovely. I'd say in about a year it'll be well on its feet

The pad is the big one for now, its really lovely. I'd say in about a year it'll be well on its feet

Great to see Nintendo back making games for gamers!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

No off screen play for Monster Hunter, which is a little disappointing, but I guess the scale of the game should be played full screen to get the best out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thinking if the Zavvi offer is still there next week when I get paid, I may get it

Sony announced remote play for the PS4 using the Vita like the Gamepad. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I guess.

Also Ubisoft confirmed WatchDogs is coming to WiiU as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Thinking if the Zavvi offer is still there next week when I get paid, I may get it
    You know you want to!

smokingman wrote: »
    You know you want to!

Too late. Price gone up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

My young lad turns 6 this week. Can anyone recommend a nww game for the wii u for his age group. He already has mario bros and nintendo land.

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate demo should be up when I get home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Corholio wrote: »
    Sony announced remote play for the PS4 using the Vita like the Gamepad. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I guess.

Just watched the demo video for watchdogs on ign. Looks like it could be pretty good. Was ps4 video though.

The PS3 could have remote play with a PSP too on some games, its nothing new. I remember setting up my modded PS3 to force allow all games as remote playable, it worked very well.

The demo video looked very impressive I must say...can't say I'd imagine the Wii U would run it that way it looked in the vid though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

The demo video looked very impressive I must say...can't say I'd imagine the Wii U would run it that way it looked in the vid though

Maybe it was because it was 2 am but when he left the streets and went up the alley graphically it became more current gen, certainly was impressive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

When they showed it at E3, they said that it was going to run on current gen hardware, so I'd imagine that it'll still look pretty damn good on the Wii U, even if it's not quite that good!

I am the last guy to talk to about tech but hearing ps4 having ps4 have 8gb of ram and nintendo having two its enivitable sony console gonna be the strongest in hardware.

Watch dogs looks impressive but i fear how much of the game is going to be scripted or is it really as dynamic and free flowing it may seem.. Time will tell but i think it is scripted.

Mark cerny working for sony is probably the best thing to happen to sony as i admire mark from his work at sega.

I cant wait for e3 to see what happens next.

Monster hunter demo up now on eshop :D

• Advertisement

F-Zero for 30c on the e-shop is already fantastic, but in a nice surprise it's actually the 60hz version.

F-Zero for 30c on the e-shop is already fantastic, but in a nice surprise it's actually the 60hz version.

How long will this last at 30c? Is it 30 days only or something & then you can't use it?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

AFAIK, the 30c price is for a limited time, but once you buy the game, it's yours for keepsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Outstanding. I'll download it when i get home.

Be great if you could purchase online without a Wii U. Then I could buy it now before getting the Wii U. Same way I can get Vita games even though I don't have a Vita

AFAIK, the 30c price is for a limited time, but once you buy the game, it's yours for keepsies.

Sweet. Are these on the Wii U eshop or do you have to go into Wii mode & use the Wii shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Sweet. Are these on the Wii U eshop or do you have to go into Wii mode & use the Wii shop?

Wii U eshop. you'll see it on the front page.

Just bought it there, bargain @ 30c. It plays on the tv & pad at the same time. Its still no comparison to how it looks through an RGB scart lead on a crt tv though :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Awesome, must download it now!

There, so I did learn something from the folks on the Nintendo forum!

What are the odds??? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Awesome, must download it now!

There, so I did learn something from the folks on the Nintendo forum!

What are the odds??? ;)
    we that are most knowledgable are ninty heads.... ;)

Advertisement