Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 2dizzylizzie

Trying to get my hands on a Wii U Pro controller, any recommendations on where is cheapest to buy? I've looked on Amazon and they are out of stock until the 7th, gamestop.ie out of stock, smyths and argos don't seem to sell them at all. Also, Hyrule Warriors is the best craic I've had playing a hack and slash game in ages!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Trying to get my hands on a Wii U Pro controller, any recommendations on where is cheapest to buy? I've looked on Amazon and they are out of stock until the 7th, gamestop.ie out of stock, smyths and argos don't seem to sell them at all. Also, Hyrule Warriors is the best craic I've had playing a hack and slash game in ages!! :D

got mine here, much cheaper than Irish/UK sellers

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/nintendo-wii-u-conosle-japan/7230-wii-u-pro-controller-black.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,710 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Allyall wrote: »
    I got 58 points from the eShop for that.. :D

I turned that offer down because none of the games looked any good. And how it's come back to bite me in the ass. I had to force myself to buy a game today on the eShop because I was about 20 points short of a free €5 voucher through the Premium Digital Promotion before it ends tonight. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

sligeach wrote: »
    Remember the Nintendo Network Premium Digital Promotion ends tomorrow. So get those last purchases in if need be.

https://p.nintendo.net/index.html

492 points. FFS... Just 80c off. :o

Since the points are updated 24 hours after purchases, I've missed the window at this stage.

Ah it's only a fiver. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Hyrule Warriors is the best craic I've had playing a hack and slash game in ages!!

So much so that i brought a similar game from the same company :-)
    Im still waiting for warriors ochi 3 to come from zavvi, how long do those guys usually take to deliver?

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »

Since the points are updated 24 hours after purchases, I've missed the window at this stage.

No. As long as you purchase it today you'll be fine. The site is just brutally slow at updating.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

bkrangle wrote: »

They're closed until the 4th of Janyary.
    Which isn't really that long, considering price difference. But hopefully it'll appear somewhere in sales.
    holidaynotice2014_en.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

Mr E wrote: »

if you haven't already there's a game called blox or something which was only 99c last week i think, got me 90 points from it, i'm 55 euro off another 5 so not too bothered.

good stuff though, got €20 back on nicely discounted games from eshop sales and mk8.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    if you haven't already there's a game called blox or something which was only 99c last week i think, got me 90 points from it, i'm 55 euro off another 5 so not too bothered.

good stuff though, got €20 back on nicely discounted games from eshop sales and mk8.

How are you €55 away? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

How are you €55 away? :confused:

Because €50 spent is about 490 or 496 points. They take some sort of tax or duty off before calculating

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Because €50 spent is about 490 or 496 points. They take some sort of tax or duty off before calculating

Ah..
    I have 583 points. I take it the 83 points are irrelevant now?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ah..
    I have 583 points. I take it the 83 points are irrelevant now?

Not if you have 45 quid to spend, no ;-)

Its almost that time of year again...
    This 2015, remember : hover-boards don't work on water...
    Happy new year boardsies!

Nope, thankfully :rolleyes:

I'll probably be using the €5 to get Shovel Knight tomorrow.. :)

Happy New Year to one and all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Happy new year to all this community look forward to the bit of craic in 2015 wit ye :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

Banjo wrote: »

indeed, the points you earn are on the eshop price, minus the 21(?)% vat we pay here.

and i might have meant 45 euro, this laptop's keyboard is weird and i'm not sure of my actual points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

what update

happy new year

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Happy new year guys'n'gals of Nintendoland!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Happy new year'n'cheer to all you Marios and Samusssses!

Happy New Year fellow Nintendo fans! May it be a prosperous year full of surprises.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No surprises, I just want a new New 3DS!
    And Zelda
    And Starfox
    And Splatoon
    And Metroid
    And maybe Pilotwings?

• Advertisement

i hope they make new metroid game for wiiu

well 2016 metroid 30th anniversary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

They'll probably say 'happy 30th birthday metroid' on their next nintendo direct, then ignore it for the rest of the year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hmmm
    Kirby style compilation for the WiiU of Metroid series in its entirety.
    I would spend awful stupid money on that, I really would.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 nutsnboltz1

Happy New Year everyone :)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Hmmm
    Kirby style compilation for the WiiU of Metroid series in its entirety.
    I would spend awful stupid money on that, I really would.

I'd be down for that Ciderman but only if they included Zero Mission, who am i kidding I'd probably get it anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 makehimanoffer

Happy New Year all.

Got my Wii U very recently and it's currently my most played console behind my PC.
    Smash, Bayonetta 2, Nintendoland, and Mario Kart 8 are really sorting me out.

Really love the screen and the Amiibos. They make me feel like such a child :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Loving my Wii U....once I get proper internet sorted I'm coming after you guys on Mario Kart:pac:

Nice to see Wii U games dominating the end of year awards. VGN's top 40 show on Challenge featured most of the Wii U games in the top 5. Eurogamer had MK8 as its GOTY and their readers agreed, also putting Bayonetta and SSB right up there. Word seems to be finally getting out that this is actually a new Nintendo console and not a Wii add on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Got the wonderful 101 for 38 beans in cex, well happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,147 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

James74 wrote: »
    Does Smyth's in Derry have much WiiU stuff in?

About one short aisle of Nintendo. So 2 sets of shelves with 3DS, DS, Wii and Wii U.

Advertisement