Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Loving my Wii U....once I get proper internet sorted I'm coming after you guys on Mario Kart:pac:

Nice to see Wii U games dominating the end of year awards. VGN's top 40 show on Challenge featured most of the Wii U games in the top 5. Eurogamer had MK8 as its GOTY and their readers agreed, also putting Bayonetta and SSB right up there. Word seems to be finally getting out that this is actually a new Nintendo console and not a Wii add on!

cool add other 3rd prty to ssb she isnt offical ninitendo character

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

So, I landed my skinny ass in hospital on the 29th, and missed all the Ninty craic over New Years, did I miss much?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

So, I landed my skinny ass in hospital on the 29th, and missed all the Ninty craic over New Years, did I miss much?

Hope it wasn't serious!
    Lots of smash going on but I was stuck into mostly 1-p games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I am enjoying the wonderful101, but god these controls for drawing morphs, they're terrible. Hopefully its something I adjust to.

smokingman wrote: »
    Hope it wasn't serious!
    Lots of smash going on but I was stuck into mostly 1-p games.

Massive bacterial infection in my bladder, meaning my kidneys had no/**** all room to empty into. Bad craic altogether, and a sucky end to to an all round sucky year.

But I'm home now, and under orders to do **** all for the next 2 weeks. So plenty of time to Smash and Kart around the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Good to hear you're alright! Sounds painful!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

cloud493 wrote: »
    I am enjoying the wonderful101, but god these controls for drawing morphs, they're terrible. Hopefully its something I adjust to.

i would love see one of those wonder101 enter ssb as dlc and bomberman

• Registered Users Posts: 10,557 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    i would love see one of those wonder101 enter ssb as dlc and bomberman

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Seriously though, I'd love him as a character and maybe Birdo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I'd buy that for a dollar!

Seriously though, I'd love him as a character and maybe Birdo.

Birdo cannot appear on WiiU until 2016, Ninty guaranteed Platinum that Bayonetta would have a 12 month exclusivity on the console's Hottest Female title.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Massive bacterial infection in my bladder, meaning my kidneys had no/**** all room to empty into. Bad craic altogether, and a sucky end to to an all round sucky year.

But I'm home now, and under orders to do **** all for the next 2 weeks. So plenty of time to Smash and Kart around the place.

A couple of games of insert the balloon catheter to pass the time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Banjo wrote: »
    Birdo cannot appear on WiiU until 2016, Ninty guaranteed Platinum that Bayonetta would have a 12 month exclusivity on the console's Hottest Female title.

But... Birdo isn't female...!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Star Lord wrote: »
    But... Birdo isn't female...!

Male... Female.... Faceginasaur... Birdo cares not for you labels. Though the night is dark and full of terrors, Birdo knows how to keep a fella warm!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Banjo wrote: »
    Male... Female.... Faceginasaur... Birdo cares not for you labels. Though the night is dark and full of terrors, Birdo knows how to keep a fella warm!

miyamotolookinlikedatass.gif

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A couple of games of insert the balloon catheter to pass the time?

It'd make a "great" adult themed NintendoLand game, a la Surgeon Simulator.

Other fun games could be:

Find a vein for a cannula
    Runaway Medication Trolley
    A&E Guessing Game (Guess what other people in A&E are suffering from)
    Flirty Nursey
    Hospital Trolley Skittles
    and Wheelchair Drag Racing.

Actually, I could be on to something there. Baggsy the IP.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It'd make a "great" adult themed NintendoLand game, a la Surgeon Simulator.

Other fun games could be:

Find a vein for a cannula
    Runaway Medication Trolley
    A&E Guessing Game (Guess what other people in A&E are suffering from)
    Flirty Nursey
    Hospital Trolley Skittles
    and Wheelchair Drag Racing.

Actually, I could be on to something there. Baggsy the IP.

I have played most of those minigames already, albeit in real life, as a nurse myself, though a manager now.
    Good times.
    "What have I just put my hand on" and "Guess the Bowel Motion" are pretty common ones.
    "Dodge the throw furniture" and "Needlestick Kerplunk" other faves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Wii U Deluxe owners can continue to earn digital points through their eShop purchases thanks to Nintendo's extension of the Deluxe Digital Promotion through April 1. The program was originally scheduled to end on December 31, 2014, but Nintendo changed the deadline at the last second. - See more at: http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/download-zelda-other-titles-for-digital-points-deluxe-digital-promotion-ext#.VKnR-YupdUR

Handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I saw a post a few days ago on Gamefaq and Nsider (same post/similarly worded), that said they might do that. But it was only rumour.

Excellent news.. :)

Cypronia promotion is still going I think (58 points for Angry Bunnies).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,147 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Has it been tested though?

From my understanding, nothing has changed. You can't earn any more points and April 1st is the deadline for exchanging points for an activation code. This code then has to be exchanged for a voucher by July 1st.

Edit: Was also reported then updated here
    http://mynintendonews.com/2015/01/01/nintendo-extends-the-deluxe-digital-promotion-which-will-now-be-discontinued-april-1st/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Has it been tested though?

From my understanding, nothing has changed. You can't earn any more points and April 1st is the deadline for exchanging points for an activation code. This code then has to be exchanged for a voucher by July 1st.

Edit: Was also reported then updated here
    http://mynintendonews.com/2015/01/01/nintendo-extends-the-deluxe-digital-promotion-which-will-now-be-discontinued-april-1st/

Ah, well that's nothing new. Is it? I thought it was always April 1st to redeem?

From the link in the other post
    Wii U Deluxe owners can continue to earn digital points through their eShop purchases thanks to Nintendo's extension of the Deluxe Digital Promotion through April 1. The program was originally scheduled to end on December 31, 2014, but Nintendo changed the deadline at the last second.]

EDIT.
    Looks like the DDP was extended! Per the official website:

[NOTE] The Deluxe Digital Promotion will be discontinued on April 1, 2015. Please exchange your points for an activation code by March 31, 2015. Activation codes must be redeemed in the Nintendo eShop by June 30, 2015.

Have any Wii U news sites said anything about this? I'm super stoked, since I actually forgot to purchase my indies on New Year's Eve.
    ''No, the March 31st deadline is the date that you must click on the get activation button to generate an eshop code (if you still have one) then June 30th is the last day that code is redeemable.

Limited Time Promotion
    Points will be earned until the end of December 2014.
    Points must be exchanged to receive Nintendo eShop credit activation codes by the end of March 2015.
    Codes must be redeemed for Nintendo eShop credit by the end of June 2015.
    - After the expiration date noted above, Points and codes will have no value and will be deleted.
    - Once an activation code is redeemed and credit is added to your Nintendo eShop balance, there is no deadline to use the funds.

Confusion must have entered there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,635 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Lads, I rely almost exclusively on Boards for my gaming news.

The only other thing I check, really, is Games tm.

What's this about Metal Gear Solid on Wiiu?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Ol' Donie wrote: »

Huh?

Link?

It's in the magazine. Thought it might be a misprint, but it's on the page with the other WiiU previews.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Last I heard, Kojima said Metal Gear wouldn't be seen on Wii U (I think that was in March and about MGS V), but he wanted Snake to appear in Smash.

Shame it hasn't made an appearance yet. It would work really well with the gamepad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

It's in the magazine. Thought it might be a misprint, but it's on the page with the other WiiU previews.

That's a typo. For one it's not being developed in house by Nintendo!

Thought it was a bit odd, that it should be kept so quiet!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

Ah, "gaming media", always so confused about everything Nintendo states, like they don't ever pay enough attention to realise it's nothing new.

They haven't changed their DDP terms, just idiotic "journalists".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Anyone got themselves a reasonably priced second PSU ? My Wii U is tucked away in a unit which makes it a pain in the ass to remove the PSU and the controller can't reach the living room so off TV gaming is out at the moment. With a second PSU it'll be easy to move the unit itself.

Every time I pick up the damn 'Pad, the poxy battery is dead. Do you guys leave it on charge all the time, or what's the craic?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

There is a better battery that you can buy for it. I'm sure I read instructions on how to change it when I was installing the initial update and passed the time by reading some of the instruction leaflets.

Can be quite annoying though. I get about 5-6 hours out of it before it dies. Not bad when you consider what the battery is powering, but you'd like it to last longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Every time I pick up the damn 'Pad, the poxy battery is dead. Do you guys leave it on charge all the time, or what's the craic?

I usually leave mine on the charging cradle when I'm not playing it.

Advertisement