Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,706 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Every time I pick up the damn 'Pad, the poxy battery is dead. Do you guys leave it on charge all the time, or what's the craic?

The battery of the gamepad is a joke. Another cut corner by Nintendo. I bought a cheap chinese Wii U battery that has even more power than the upgrade that Nintendo offer. It just so happens it arrived today. I'm doing a comparison. Going to see how long the old battery lasts and then see how long this new one lasts. If you're interested I'll fish out the link. It only cost about €6 including postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The game pad is always on, it can receive updates from the WiiU without you having used it for days, never mind normal charge loss over time so if you're not constantly charging it or charging as you play you'll always be disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

well dosnt bother me that just ive big ant-siege protecter so increase length of charging wire what bothers me, they did say on nintendo direct that 3ds charger works for charging the gamepad well they got that wrong 3ds dosnt charge my gamepad i ve my own gamepad charge to it

plus i unlock the magical sword for link in hyrule warriors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Ah now, there was indeed a learning curve with the wonderful 101, now I get it. This game is goddamn incredible.

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    ...ant-siege protecter ...

I'd love to think this is just my favourite auto-coerection ever, but given the level of detail of your Cosplay costumes its not entirely impossible that you *do* have custom equipment for busting through formican pickets.... Decisions decisions....

Edit : I had to leave "coerection" in given the subject matter. Of course, I meant "correction"

• Advertisement

Every time I pick up the damn 'Pad, the poxy battery is dead. Do you guys leave it on charge all the time, or what's the craic?

To answer your question, I always had the charging cable in. I hope this now helps the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

cloud493 wrote: »
    Ah now, there was indeed a learning curve with the wonderful 101, now I get it. This game is goddamn incredible.

You recommend it?

All of a sudden, I'm spoiled for choice in WiiU.

And more importantly the love for gaming is back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Very much so, highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This Pikmin game seems really good. My gf loves it and I kinda wanna have a go.

Grayditch wrote: »
    This Pikmin game seems really good. My gf loves it and I kinda wanna have a go.

It's exceptional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, it's an amazing game!!!

But... the wails of the lost Pikmin weigh heavily on my soul...

A Bulborb just ate her squad. That was pretty depressing! Absolute massacre.

I hate losing any Pikmin and their ghostly apparition.

3 hours from full charge to the light coming on with the old battery. Will see how much longer until it dies. I've not used for anything taxing either. Just the browser.

I'll try out the new battery tomorrow.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/291216768497?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Ordered on 21/12. So not bad considering the Christmas hiatus. It says it's located in Hong Kong but the packaging said Netherlands.

Ha! When you head to bed with the Wii Pad, but forgot to turn the TV off, you can... Just do it from the pad.

It's the little things...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Wonderful 101 is an absolute gem once you get the hang of it and start to absorb everything that happens on the screen. Even though it got reasonably decent reviews, I still think it was quite overlooked. It's a really fantastic game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

^^
    I think it's one of my favourites. I don't want to say favourite in case I can't think of one off top of my head. I liked it so much I forced it on/ bought it as a present for a friend of mine for Christmas.
    Hopefully it has a future with Nintendo. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Corholio wrote: »
    Wonderful 101 is an absolute gem once you get the hang of it and start to absorb everything that happens on the screen. Even though it got reasonably decent reviews, I still think it was quite overlooked. It's a really fantastic game.

I've started and stopped that game about 3 times now. I think I need to wait until I have some time around easter and devote my time to it. Will probably start a new game for the 4th time! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Finally started Captain Toad, great game. I only realized that if you have SM3DW save data on the Wii U you can play through some World maps with Toad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Finally started Captain Toad, great game. I only realized that if you have SM3DW save data on the Wii U you can play through some World maps with Toad.

yes bonus ones

Crunchyroll coming to the Wii U this Thursday :D.

• Advertisement

Is any of crunchyroll free? Loves me some old animé

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I'm missing playing Nintendo games so I'm buying a Wii U in Smyths next week. Would I be missing out on much by buying the Basic and not the Premium one? I'm buying an external drive for downloads and I hear the gamepad holder and sensor bar are cheap to buy online. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    I'm missing playing Nintendo games so I'm buying a Wii U in Smyths next week. Would I be missing out on much by buying the Basic and not the Premium one? I'm buying an external drive for downloads and I hear the gamepad holder and sensor bar are cheap to buy online. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

After getting the cheapest WiiU bundle and buy a HDD, head for the Sunday market and pick up a Wii, controllers and sensor bar for bugger all, its all cross compatible, so why not?
    Probably spend about 30 and walk out with all the bits you need and more.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    After getting the cheapest WiiU bundle and buy a HDD, head for the Sunday market and pick up a Wii, controllers and sensor bar for bugger all, its all cross compatible, so why not?
    Probably spend about 30 and walk out with all the bits you need and more.

HDD's are real cheap now too. Make sure it's USB 3.0 though another forum poster said he downloaded a few games to HDD, and couldn't play them properly. They stayed attached to his/her account though, and they added a USB 3.0 drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

A usb 3 drive won't make a difference, wii u only has usb 2 ports

it is always nice to be ready for the future though

/\/ollog wrote: »
    A usb 3 drive won't make a difference, wii u only has usb 2 ports

it is always nice to be ready for the future though

I saw it about a week ago.

I can't find the OP, it was on Gamefaqs, They may have said a slow USB2 drive, and upgrading to USB3 guaranteed best USB2 speeds?
    I may have purposely misread it, as I was just skimming and thought that they made a mistake.
    (Damn my jmping to conclusions. :P:(:o)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Miyamoto on Zelda Wii U:

"There may even be times where you forget what your goal is because you're doing other things on the side," Miyamoto explained in an interview with YouTube's iJustine. "There may be times where you go into one big, long dungeon or there may be times where you're headed to a dungeon, and you're doing other things along the side."

This definitely fits in with the more expansive, open world that's been revealed.

To be fair, that usually happens to me in Zelda games.

Happened yesterday when I was playing Skyward Sword!

Corholio wrote: »
    This definitely fits in with the more expansive, open world that's been revealed.

I take it you've never had a round of archery interrupted by the moon crashing into the planet and destroying it then.... The Legend of Zelda series was originally conceived as a procrastination simulator you know! If you can still remember what you're "supposed" to be doing, you're playing it wrong :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Repeatedly skipping through time in order to shoot aliens with arrows, or to reunite a 7 year old man with his fiancée were my biggest time sinks in any of the Zelda games.

Oh, and fishing.

Advertisement