Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I played far too much NSMBU yesterday to be healthy.

It's been a long time since I played a game for that long. Feels good to be home!

In other news, Bowser and his Koopalings are dicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Does anyone have any idea of must play wii games? I think I'll pick up a few that I missed. So far I'm thinking mario Galaxy, metroid prime 3 and zelda skyward sword. Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Galaxy 2!

I'm playing through Skyward Sword at the moment. Bloody marvellous. Backward compatability is such a great thing.

I loved Twilight Princess too.

Resident Evil 4 if you haven't played it already. Also, if you have played it already.

I've just realised, looking at the collection since you asked that i have both Pikmin 1 & 2 for the ol' Wii. That's great news, if not a little worrying that I had forgotten about them!

• Advertisement

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Galaxy 2!

I'm playing through Skyward Sword at the moment. Bloody marvellous. Backward compatability is such a great thing.

I loved Twilight Princess too.

Resident Evil 4 if you haven't played it already. Also, if you have played it already.

I've just realised, looking at the collection since you asked that i have both Pikmin 1 & 2 for the ol' Wii. That's great news, if not a little worrying that I had forgotten about them!

I didn't know pikmin were on the wii, I think I still have them for my GameCube, along with twilight princess. It's a shame wii u can't play GameCube games, I have a stack of great ones here id love to play again but I've no idea how to connect my GameCube to my monitor and there's no old crts left in the house.

I used to have a wii and resident evil 4 is the only game I kept when I got rid of it. One of my favourite games ever! The wii version was the best one too.

Is Galaxy 2 better than the first one?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I believe most people would say 2 is better, but Galaxy 1 was probably my favourite game of that generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Hotd overkill. Tatsunoko vs capcom. Okami. Pes 2008 or 9. Excite truck.murumasa. sin & punishment 2. Kirby's epic yarn (cheap in Argos)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

So have an odd condensation problem with my Wii U. It's in a wooden IKEA TV unit in a room that doesn't get used outside of office hours so gets cold at night. Even 24 hours after use there's condensation on the top of it.

I don't have this issue with other electronic equipment in the room, including the 360 beside it. Maybe it's the shiny black surface or something, dunno. Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

I didn't know pikmin were on the wii, I think I still have them for my GameCube, along with twilight princess. It's a shame wii u can't play GameCube games, I have a stack of great ones here id love to play again but I've no idea how to connect my GameCube to my monitor and there's no old crts left in the house.

I used to have a wii and resident evil 4 is the only game I kept when I got rid of it. One of my favourite games ever! The wii version was the best one too.

Locate the audio/video INPUT jacks on the TV. (Audio/video Input jacks are also known as RCA JACKS.)
    Place the Yellow (Video) cable into the Video IN on the back of the TV. Connect the Red (Audio Right) cable to Audio IN Right. Connect the White (Audio Left) cable to the Audio IN Left.

Note: If you have a television with only one Audio input, check the diagram of how the hook-up will look. The Y-adapter pictured is optional; you can also simply leave the white cable disconnected instead.

Connect the Rectangular (Gray) plug of the Stereo AV Cable into the Analog AV Out port on the back of the Control Deck.

or plug av connections into scart and plug the scart into scart socket.

http://www.gametrog.com/GAMETROG/HOW_to_connect_Hook_Up_Nintendo_GameCube_System.html

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/nintendogamecube/hook_avtotv.jsp

plus i still have the gamecube scart connection if you looking for it

• Advertisement

What ports are on your monitor?

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    Locate the audio/video INPUT jacks on the TV. (Audio/video Input jacks are also known as RCA JACKS.)
    Place the Yellow (Video) cable into the Video IN on the back of the TV. Connect the Red (Audio Right) cable to Audio IN Right. Connect the White (Audio Left) cable to the Audio IN Left.

Note: If you have a television with only one Audio input, check the diagram of how the hook-up will look. The Y-adapter pictured is optional; you can also simply leave the white cable disconnected instead.

Connect the Rectangular (Gray) plug of the Stereo AV Cable into the Analog AV Out port on the back of the Control Deck.

or plug av connections into scart and plug the scart into scart socket.

http://www.gametrog.com/GAMETROG/HOW_to_connect_Hook_Up_Nintendo_GameCube_System.html

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/nintendogamecube/hook_avtotv.jsp

plus i still have the gamecube scart connection if you looking for it

Thanks for that, but the only thing I have to connect it to is a computer monitor.
    What ports are on your monitor?

Display Port, HDMI, VGA and DVI.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Banjo wrote: »
    Hotd overkill. Tatsunoko vs capcom. Okami. Pes 2008 or 9. Excite truck.murumasa. sin & punishment 2. Kirby's epic yarn (cheap in Argos)

All good, if not great.
    Excite Truck is a gem, Motorstorm and the like were making waves in the arcade racer genre, and Excite Truck got kinda lost in the mish mash of :rolleyes: forgettable third party stuff on the Wii, but to play it now it's still a great time sink and looks good even up on the HD screen via the WiiU.
    Okami is blessed amongst games, although there is a ton of ways to play, with the HD version on the PS3 possibly being the best of them :(
    Muramasa is on a whole bunch of formats as well, with this and the Vita version well worth owning, gorgeous visuals and more "appropriate" than Dragons Crown.
    If you love it do find Odinsphere on the PS2.

Deadly Creatures is a odd but good one on the Wii.
    Metal Slug Anthology is interesting if you can get past some of the nuttier control schemes.
    Geometry Wars Galaxies is worth owning too, though it does miss the HD visuals of the 360 originals.
    House of the Dead 3&4 is a great buy too, as is Overkill and Ghost Squad.

A Boy and his Blob is a cracker on the Wii, gorgeous visuals there too.
    Fragile Dreams is definitely worth finding if you can get it for a good price.

Would be handy if it was a Dreamcast, ha. You can get a VGA box for that. I don't think such a thing exists for the GC though.

Consolegoods sell a cheap S Video cable. From there you could probably get a converter box for S Video to VGA or HDMI.

I'm sure someone else will probably have a better idea though.

Edit: or there's probably a composite to HDMI adapter out there that would do the job. Won't look amazing, but at least you can play it.

Thanks for that, but the only thing I have to connect it to is a computer monitor.

Display Port, HDMI, VGA and DVI.

buy cheap tv for your gamecube

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

You could use one of THESE to play the Gamecube on any HDMI device.

Or THIS seems to be the same as this which gets good reviews.

buy hd tv with hdmi device, scart connection and av connections

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Watch out for a cheap local PVM monitor by Sony, then get a rgb cable for the GC and you're laughing
    That's what I have, the image is as good as you can get from the console.
    Monitor only cost €30 from an AV hire place who were clearing old stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Buy a feck off big old school CRT. Open it up. Crack the tub apart and reverse the front so its concave instead of convex. Tell all your friends you have one of those new curved HD TVs. Don't actually switch it on though as open cathode tubes leak gamma radiation, you may develop hulk powers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Feckin zavvi, they lost my order in the post, i ordered a game on the 14th of December and they aren't replying to my emails :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Feckin zavvi, they lost my order in the post, i ordered a game on the 14th of December and they aren't replying to my emails :-(

I just got my delivery today (Orochi Warriors).

Allyall wrote: »
    I just got my delivery today (Orochi Warriors).

Thats what i ordered too, maybe it could still arrive in the next week or so, but i mailed them last week and no reply from them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Can anyone suggest a good local co-op on the Wii-U? Some story based co-op rather than competitive, would be cool.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest a good local co-op on the Wii-U? Some story based co-op rather than competitive, would be cool.

Hyrule warriors co-op no competition just hack and slash fun, i wish it was online compatible, would love to play with someone for the craic

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Good luck with that, still havent gotten a refund for item I returned (at my own cost!) that I ordered in error, which then got lost in post coming from them, so had to be resent so that I could then return again to them! Finally they offered account credit as my CC had expired! Grr...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Lego Hobbit is good too

We have all the logo games on PS4, they're great, but the Hyrule game could be cool. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Grayditch wrote: »

Hyrule Warriors all the way dude. Each player takes a screen and it's great craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Another vote for Hyrule Warriors here too.

Rayman Legends and Super Mario 3D World are awesome co-operative and competitive games too!

• Advertisement

Is the whole of Super Mario 3D co-op!?

Advertisement