Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Grayditch wrote: »
    Is the whole of Super Mario 3D co-op!?

I'm sure it is. I haven't played it myself yet, but I can't imagine it not being fully co-op. The Mario Bros. games are too, aren't they?

Unless the Captain Toad missions are single player only?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yup! Just have someone else join in on another controller!
    Has a competitive element too, with the person with the best score getting a crown on each level!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Ah, that's excellent. I used to use the Co-Optimus Prime site for full info on co-op games, but it's not updated as much anymore.

Next 2 games sorted, cheers, guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Star Lord wrote: »
    Yup! Just have someone else join in on another controller!
    Has a competitive element too, with the person with the best score getting a crown on each level!

"Over here. Hey COME OVER HERE. STOP RUNNING AHEAD! There is a mushroom block over here. OK thanks. HEY! WHY DID YOU TAKE ALL THE MUSHROOMS? Hey, where the f**k are you going now? JESUS CHRIST I FELL OFF A LEDGE. THAT'S YOUR F**KING FAULT..."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Mr E wrote: »
    "Over here. Hey COME OVER HERE. STOP RUNNING AHEAD! There is a mushroom block over here. OK thanks. HEY! WHY DID YOU TAKE ALL THE MUSHROOMS? Hey, where the f**k are you going now? JESUS CHRIST I FELL OFF A LEDGE. THAT'S YOUR F**KING FAULT..."

The "don't run ahead" one wrecks my head, especially when it's a 5 year old you're asking...

• Advertisement

Also (a quick tip from the only Cat Mario episode I watched), if you cross a checkpoint in 3d World with the other player on your head you both get a mushroom power-up. Might get you through some tricky situations

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If you're quick you can throw one to the top , pick up the other and jump on for a triple finish. Now that's quality parenting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

im stick with hyrule warriors but finding it hard to get fairy weapon for link ive already unlock it but its impossible get a perfect to get it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I started up my Wii U, clicked to launch Bayonetta, and it's frozen on the Wii U logo on the gamepad, and black screen on the TV. I powered off the gamepad, but the Wii U stayed on. When I power it back on, the menu flashes and it goes straight back to the Wii U logo. Unplugged Wii U for a minute, plugged it back in, same problem.

Anyone have this happen to them? :( Know any fix?

If you're using the gamepad quick launch, try starting it up from the console power button instead. I get something similar almost every time I use the quick launch. Hope its nothing too serious

To be clear, ignore the gamepad, power up the console directly. Far as I remember the gamepad POST screen is the WiiU logo and that switches to the console POST screen - a Nintendo logo - when they sync. If they did not sync and youre no getting past the WiiU logo on the pad, or it goes to a signal lost error, hold the consoles' power button down for 5 seconds till the power led goes red, whisper a prayer to drybones and power the console on again. If he's listening you'll get a warning that the power was forced off and downloads may be affected

• Advertisement

Not really a lot of info about this on the internet. A few people posting something similar, but not quite the same, and most don't have a solution other than to contact nintendo.

I've unplugged it and changed the password for the wifi. Going to leave it for 5 minutes and then try to power on.

PHEW!!!! :D

It seems to be fine now. I think it was something to do with the Parental Controls. I turned them on last week, not for any reason other than just messing around.. :o:o
    I've turned them all off now..

I'm glad it's working, I don't think I could've handled having to send it off..

To get Luigi pixel base and mario bros game you need a save data of new super Luigi u for super mario 3d world

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I really really want Windwaker but it's too damn expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

sweetie wrote: »
    Good luck with that, still havent gotten a refund for item I returned (at my own cost!) that I ordered in error, which then got lost in post coming from them, so had to be resent so that I could then return again to them! Finally they offered account credit as my CC had expired! Grr...

just on to them today, they refunded the money, i told them i wanted the game instead, but they said they have it already done and want me to buy the game off them again, feck that im taking me money and buy elsewhere instead.

I really really want Windwaker but it's too damn expensive.

It's all about perspective :pac:

£30 (~€38.50) from Tesco Direct. You could add something up to £20 and use £10 off a £50 spend for new accounts - Code: TDX-YGPK
    Meaning you could get both items for £40 (I think requires Parcel Motel).

I bought Cubemen 2. I didn't realise it won Australian Game of the Year. (Not as impressive as it first sounds, but still quite impressive :) )

I've only really started playing it, and the controls seem a bit difficult to get used to, but I think it could end up taking a lot of my time :). Did anyone else buy it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Your paying for quality with wind waker :pac:

Nintendo Opens Up GameCube Adapter Sales Again, Sells Out in Ten Minutes - See more at: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/nintendo-opens-up-gamecube-adapter-sales-again-sells-out-in-ten-minutes#.VLL453spWrM

GameCube controller adapter
    its good but only works smash u only not other wiiu games and theres no GameCube controller with the adapter, try luigi /mario / peach, GameCube controller which insert into wii controller that works every multiplayer game for wiiu and wii

Depends what youre after. Those are just tarted up pro controllers. The point of the wired controller adapter is that it (theoretically) eliminates some infinitesimal lag that the wireless controllers experience, which supposedly affects your game. Pretty sure only The Flash and dr Seth Brundle really need one...

My reason for wanting the adapter rather than the new controller is that I already have a GameCube and controllers. Also, the adapter should cost less. Should....

• Advertisement

I love reading the comments from the experts under that type of article :D:pac:

I have no idea how many they stocked, but my money is on a few 'opportunists' buying up much of the stock. I would love to see Nintendo release another wave or two just to stop that sort of thing from happening, or just love to see everyone agree to not purchase when the prices become ridiculous within the same 6 months of release at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

My Gamepad has always had a rattle in it but thought nothing of it until last night when playing Zelda the R shoulder button was acting if I kept pushing it....didn't help at the time as Link kept throwing bombs! It would come and go at random too (may have been when I was moving it in my hands but not too sure)

Has anyone opened their Gamepad. Could this be something easy to do/fix??

I know it prob voids the warranty but Ive had it more than a year at this stage so it doesnt bother me too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Mine had a rattle out of the box. Google tells me it's just how they all are though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The rattle in mine was actually the stylus rattling in it's slot, took me a while to realise that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

New Direct on the 14th, 2pm Irish time I think.

2juw3s.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Corholio wrote: »
    The rattle in mine was actually the stylus rattling in it's slot, took me a while to realise that.

I thought the same, rattle was still there when removed though, some suggest it the gyros or something related.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I thought the same, rattle was still there when removed though, some suggest it the gyros or something related.

This is always brought up. It's the ABXY buttons, the directional pad, the shoulder buttons, and the stylus rattling around in the gamepad. Nothing is lose.

Can't wait for the direct, feels like forever since the last one in November. is it at 2pm or 3pm?

Hopeing to get dates for 'Code Word S.T.E.A.M.', 'Majora's Mask', 'Splatoon', 'Yoshi's WW', 'Star Fox', 'Mario Maker', 'DK vs M' 'Devils Third', 'Xenoblade X' 'Xenoblade 3DS' and of course the 'New 3DS'. I'm sure there is more to release before E3 but these spring to mind.

Maybe a new 2d Metroid for the 3ds Later this year and a new Prime for the WiiU in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Maybe a new 2d Metroid for the 3ds Later this year and a new Prime for the WiiU in 2016.

We can but dream!

Corholio wrote: »
    New Direct on the 14th, 2pm Irish time I think.

2juw3s.jpg

ive no newsletter about that from nintendoco.uk yet
    :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

Advertisement