Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Can't wait for the direct, feels like forever since the last one in November. is it at 2pm or 3pm?

2pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

My reason for wanting the adapter rather than the new controller is that I already have a GameCube and controllers. Also, the adapter should cost less. Should....

and upgrade it to wrk on other wii u games

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Star Lord wrote: »
    We can but dream!

Half Life 3 for the WiiU and Capcom are bought by Nintendo....
    Seeing as I'm still asleep and this is in my imagination.....
    No Jessica Rabbit, I can't play pat-a-cake now, I'm posting on Boards....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Half Life 3 for the WiiU and Capcom are bought by Nintendo....
    Seeing as I'm still asleep and this is in my imagination.....
    No Jessica Rabbit, I can't play pat-a-cake now, I'm posting on Boards....

Caught!!!
    tumblr_m9lplp3eyU1rpntveo1_500.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You're some sort of gif ninja

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Apparently someone who works at Nintendo leaked what'll be in the Nintendo direct today. It might be a whole load of fake nonsense, but I do like the metroid rumours!

http://i.imgur.com/1g1ucuu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Apparently someone who works at Nintendo leaked what'll be in the Nintendo direct today. It might be a whole load of fake nonsense, but I do like the metroid rumours!

http://i.imgur.com/1g1ucuu.jpg

Hmm, New 2.5d Metroid and RE4 port to 3ds. If it's true the, niiiiiiiiiccccce.....

Nooo!
    No more Other M style 2.5d nonsense, I want a new Metroid Prime title, or even a translation of Metroid Prime onto the 3DS, maybe even Metroid Trilogy HD on the WiiU, please Nintendo !

• Registered Users Posts: 29,147 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've said before, but I would happily pay again for Metroid Prime HD trilogy, even though I own the 3 games separately and the Trilogy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I've said before, but I would happily pay again for Metroid Prime HD trilogy, even though I own the 3 games separately and the Trilogy

Me too, I have them all and would happily pay again for a touchscreen enhanced HD remake, or the trilogy remade for the 3DS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Got a Wii U today. Finally! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

CastorTroy wrote: »
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Me too, I have them all and would happily pay again for a touchscreen enhanced HD remake, or the trilogy remade for the 3DS.

Nah no thanks. GC and Wii versions are enough imo. Bring out a new Prime for the Wii-U or leave the franchise alone.

A release date for the new Zelda and some more gameplay footage, or mention of a new Wii-U F-Zero would keep me happy, not sure we'll get either though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

downloadable wii games annouced super mario galaxy 2 will be available later today, with metroid available later this month

majoras mask hyrule warriors pack available 5th feb with tingle and young link with fierce diety mask special attack

Many mario games and more and new handheld consoles watching nintendo , did I see new zelda game playing on new 3ds and 3ds xl

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

downloadable wii games annouced super mario galaxy 2 will be available later today, with metroid available later this month

I would of bought that if it included support for the wii u controller but it says you need the nunchuk and wiimote. Shame I already own the game but the controler keeps me from playing it for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

So I left for work today, and everything was fine.

I come back, and now I have to shell out for a MM 3DS, a physical copy of the game (it's not something I can control), MG2, Metroid Trilogy and some sort of memory yoke for my WiiU?

And I've just learned The Darkness are doing a bunch of gigs in Ireland in March.

Ha, not spending much in the new year? Better chance of me literally keeling over here on the spot and dropping dead.

What a day!

[/LIST]
    iamtony wrote: »
    I would of bought that if it included support for the wii u controller but it says you need the nunchuk and wiimote. Shame I already own the game but the controler keeps me from playing it for some reason.

at half price sale

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

New Trailer.

What are peoples thoughts on Splatoon? Looks fun!

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    New Trailer.

I didn't think that i was gonna buy xenoblade on the wii u but that trailer is beautiful...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

I was 3/4 sold on it at e3
    Most of the other 1/4 has been answered now though.

I think it looks amazing and is one of those games that you'd use as a counter argument in the "Nintendo are unoriginal" argument. This couldn't be any more original.

what the price of new 3ds xl and new 3ds

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    what the price of new 3ds xl and new 3ds

Wrong thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    [/LIST]

at half price sale

I already own the game but haven't played it yet and the reason I haven't is I usual play these type of games on the gamepad screen while the other half watches TV and I don't like using the wiimote and nunchuk. I would of bought it digitally today if I could play it with the buttons on the gamepad.
    I like what they are doing though I'll buy metroid if it has gamepad support. Does anyone know if this worked with the classic wii controller?
    I'm ashamed to say I've never played the trilogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

iamtony wrote: »
    I like what they are doing though I'll buy metroid if it has gamepad support. Does anyone know if this worked with the classic wii controller?
    I have the same question for Donkey Kong Country Returns.

I'd pick that up for £8.99 although I am starting for once to build up a backlog of unplayed games (I didn't need to buy PS4 with four games but I did).

Also why SMG2 and not SMG?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Irish Halo wrote: »

Also why SMG2 and not SMG?

Was wondering that myself.

*turns aside*

...grumble...why not Sunshine...grumble...grumble ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Was wondering that myself.

*turns aside*

...grumble...why not Sunshine...grumble...grumble ...
    Agreed, I own SMG and SMG2 and OK I do have the Sunshine disc but would buy it again to play on WiiU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

Super Mario Galaxy 2: Wiimote and nunchuk only, wiimote only for player 2
    Donkey Kong Country Returns Wii: Wiimote and nunchuk only
    Metroid Prime Trilogy Wii: Wiimote and nunchuk only

Was the other game kirby? i forget.

Advertisement