Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Interesting development at Capcom. They will be releasing an update for Monster Hunter on Wii U that will allow off TV play on the gamepad and also cross region online play. They have said it is because of fans asking for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Corholio wrote: »
    and also cross region online play

This was restricted? Ffs, imagine XBL or SEN doing the same...madness

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

That's an update for the unreleased WiiU version, or some sort of patch for the Wii version to work off-screen on the WiiU Controller?
    (because one of them is 14.99 and the other isn't :))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Banjo wrote: »
    That's an update for the unreleased WiiU version, or some sort of patch for the Wii version to work off-screen on the WiiU Controller?
    (because one of them is 14.99 and the other isn't :))

Wii U

Added to the off screen play and cross region play that'll be added in the Monster Hunter update, they have also said there will be continuous DLC added often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭FreezeUp

Seriously, when the hell are more games coming out? It's seems like iut has been the same few titles since launch.

FreezeUp wrote: »
    Seriously, when the hell are more games coming out? It's seems like iut has been the same few titles since launch.

Well, Monster Hunter and Lego City are out this month (although I wasn't that impressed by the MH demo)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i agree its being really slow but i can only assume things will pick up after e3. i expect a wonderful xmas :)

There was a system update today. Havent noticed anything dramatic, but loading times seem slightly better. Apparently it's a preparation update for a big update in April. There's talk it's also in preparation for the release of the Virtual Console.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Corholio wrote: »
    There was a system update today. Havent noticed anything dramatic, but loading times seem slightly better. Apparently it's a preparation update for a big update in April. There's talk it's also in preparation for the release of the Virtual Console.

I need vc so bad :)

Mario world YESSSSS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭LauraW7746

Im extremely disappointed with the Wii U, bought mine at launch with Zombi U & NSMBU I havent played it in 2 months. I had ordered the lego city LE but ive cancelled that and decided to sell the console because I couldnt justify holding onto it just to play lego city. Actually its not the wii u itself im disappointed with its more Nintendo I feel are letting the wii u down. I regret buying it now....

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    Im extremely disappointed with the Wii U, bought mine at launch with Zombi U & NSMBU I havent played it in 2 months. I had ordered the lego city LE but ive cancelled that and decided to sell the console because I couldnt justify holding onto it just to play lego city. Actually its not the wii u itself im disappointed with its more Nintendo I feel are letting the wii u down. I regret buying it now....

i wouldnt sell it though because the games are coming out after summer , mario kArt u is coming out after summer so i think its worth holding on to.

launches are usually dull but things are sure to pick up. :)

i wouldnt sell it though because the games are coming out after summer , mario kArt u is coming out after summer so i think its worth holding on to.

launches are usually dull but things are sure to pick up. :)

I think I will still sell it now though as thats still a few months away with nothing much in between. I wouldnt rule out buying it again in the future at a cheaper price when there are alot more games on offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

It reminds of the original NES release, I played Super Mario Bros to death until Zelda was released etc.etc. I only owned about 20 games by the end of it, but they were all classics and all completed. I view the WiiU in the same light, I don't need multiple versions of COD look-a-likes etc. just some classics that last longer than a couple of hours play and I'm satisfied. Saying that, I have enough VC and Wii games to keep me going until the good games arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Unless you really need the money, I'd hold off on selling it. You'll only be kicking yourself when the games start rolling in again!

I think I will still sell it now though as thats still a few months away with nothing much in between. I wouldnt rule out buying it again in the future at a cheaper price when there are alot more games on offer.

ya i understand. i feel you be regretting selling it once nintendo announce all the games for this year after e3 at june , keeping mind wnd waker hd is due out in august i believe or near the xmas holidays. plus i be losing you on my friendlist . sad day :( :pac:

yeah, same thing happened with the Wii when DKC returns, Skyward Sword and Xenoblade came out. Which reminds me, I never played DKC Returns or Xenoblade!

yeah, same thing happened with the Wii when DKC returns, Skyward Sword and Xenoblade came out. Which reminds me, I never played DKC Returns or Xenoblade!

xenoblade is fantastic but it seems it going out of print with prices jumping up.

if you can find a copy i suggest picking it up soon

i got dckr there 2 days ago for 27 euros on amazon, its decent so far

ya i understand. i feel you be regretting selling it once nintendo announce all the games for this year after e3 at june , keeping mind wnd waker hd is due out in august i believe or near the xmas holidays. plus i be losing you on my friendlist . sad day :( :pac:

Just for that comment, I'll think I'll keep it :) lol just kidding

But seriously, Ill keep it on sale awhile if it doesn't sell by the end of the month I think I'll hold onto it and see what the future brings after E3. Ill also go ahead & purchase lego city if I do hold onto it.

Cheers for the comments guys ye have very valid points there :)

Just for that comment, I'll think I'll keep it :) lol just kidding

But seriously, Ill keep it on sale awhile if it doesn't sell by the end of the month I think I'll hold onto it and see what the future brings after E3. Ill also go ahead & purchase lego city if I do hold onto it.

Cheers for the comments guys ye have very valid points there :)

i be buying lego city when it comes out

got a 8.5 rating from game informer and the lego games are fun as hell to play :D.

worth holding onto the wii u aswell if you have any wii games yet to finish.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭FreezeUp

E3 will determine (or strongly indicate) whether this console turns out to be great like the N64 or a bit of a dud like the Gamecube.

Its been out here for twelve weeks...seriously, people need to realise these things take time. I'd imagine if you sell it, you might just regret it by the summer...certainly by the end of the year anyway

E3 will determine (or strongly indicate) whether this console turns out to be great like the N64 or a bit of a dud like the Gamecube.

Surely you have that the wrong way around?

Gamecube a Dud? :eek: I don't really know what to say to that. Are you just going by sales figures or are you basing it on the actual games?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The N64 was more of a dud than the Gamecube. Sure it had great games but there were very few of them. I guess people forget the massive waits in between the release of decent games for the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MrSega

Guys just a heads up i decided to make a new account and change my name to MrSega but i keep the richymcdermott profile still open but probably wont use it :P

In the Xbox ps2 Gamecube race it definitely came 3rd in terms of available games, cultural impact and crucially in those nascent days of ecommerce shelf space. Buying GC games was like buying your first pack of condoms or an ostentatious bouquet - asking at the counter was embarrassing, to collect off the shelf you had to wander around pretending you were looking for something else for ages and when you finally plucked up the courage you could never find what you wanted, you'd just grab the first thing you saw, chuck your money at the cashier and run before your ma saw you

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MrSega

Nintendo still made a profit from the gamecube and its low numbers was due to playstation getting most of the 3rd party support. i wouldnt consider the GC a failure and i dont think we be seeing similar numbers again the wii,ps1 and ps2 had again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

In the Xbox ps2 Gamecube race it definitely came 3rd in terms of available games, cultural impact and crucially in those nascent days of ecommerce shelf space. Buying GC games was like buying your first pack of condoms or an ostentatious bouquet - asking at the counter was embarrassing, to collect off the shelf you had to wander around pretending you were looking for something else for ages and when you finally plucked up the courage you could never find what you wanted, you'd just grab the first thing you saw, chuck your money at the cashier and run before your ma saw you

Seriously?
    Did any of this actually happen?
    The GC had plenty of great games, Metroid Prime and it's sequel were streets ahead of Halo and it's sequel, Pikmin and Pimin 2, Mario Sunshine might be the weakest of the 3D mario games but it's still a far better game than anything the PS2 or Xbox provided.
    Resident Evil was incredible, even Waverace: Blue Storm was miles better than the frankly rubbish Jetski titles on the PS2.
    So, sure the Gamecube had a smaller games library than the PS2, but it was fighting above it's weight, producing titles that could not be beaten by any of the other consoles.
    Heck, the Xbox had a very short lifespan and was all but ignored in Japan and Asia, while the bulk of what we did get for it were cross platform titles with a smattering of, yes, quite excellent console exclusives.

But I do think people are indulging in hyperbole and exaggeration when "claiming" embarrassment at buying Gamecube games, utter nonsense, I'm sorry, just my opinion.

Oh, and F-Zero GX p1ssed all over the PS2/Xbox efforts at a futuristic racer, Donkey Konga was fantastic, Eternal Darkness was brilliant, only Silent Hill2 on the PS2 had it trumped imho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

No embarassment here in buying gamecube games. Just trouble finding them as they were gradually relegated to one small section at the back of Game. And that wee section consisted of both new and preowned.

Advertisement