Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,146 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And that's DKCR bought.

Was just checking to see if there were any discounted eshop cards online. Amazon.de have them above face value. So €17.50 for a €15 card

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/01/nintendo_stays_in_profit_with_wii_u_on_target_though_3ds_sales_fall#comment2841158

Not great numbers for the WiiU to me at all.

3ds might be on its way out but still selling ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Been playing a lot of Hyrule Warriors the last few days. It's not a particularly brilliant or deep game but it's really satisfying to turn your brain off and slash through mountains and mountains of enemy's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Been playing a lot of Hyrule Warriors the last few days. It's not a particularly brilliant or deep game but it's really satisfying to turn your brain off and slash through mountains and mountains of enemy's.

...and shout 'Are You Not Entertained' afterwards?

Just me?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

I really liked hyrule warriors. I brought warriors orochi afterwards was disapoint, in its defence tho it did come out in 2012 and it looks like a port that wasn't intended for wii u hardware

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Does the European eshop release games at midnight? Can't wait for Metroid!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

That kind of update tends to be Thursday afternoon. It's the games that release on the Friday that go live at 11pm-ish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/01/nintendo_stays_in_profit_with_wii_u_on_target_though_3ds_sales_fall#comment2841158

Not great numbers for the WiiU to me at all.

3ds might be on its way out but still selling ok.

What do you mean on the way out? The sales dropped but are still fairly strong, what's the problem?

C14N wrote: »
    What do you mean on the way out? The sales dropped but are still fairly strong, what's the problem?

No problem. Just that sales have slowed down is all, 2013 was the 3ds's biggest year. It's not going anywhere for the next two years anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I reckon Sony wish the Vita had as disappointing sales numbers as the 3DS!
    Many "experts" suggested that, with the release of the 3DS, that it was doomed, that the smart phone was the natural environment for on the go gaming and so on.
    Well, I guess the history of the 3DS format has answered that bit of pop speculation rather effectively.

I see the WiiU picking up momentum where, once upon a time, folk would have been content to see the console just maintain sales.
    And with a good year of great releases ahead we may well see further good news for Nintendo ahead.

As the other two current gen hone formats release game after game unfinished and missing key features I think the unease will build. People do not want to be beta testers, people do not want to find that the features on the back of the box wind up being, essentially, free dlc months after release, Drive Club anyone?
    Nintendo makes games that work from the get go.
    Updates only improve upon the game as described rather than attempt to repair the crap that slipped through due to a lack of play testing or as a result of running out of development time.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not sure if it has been mentioned before, but it looks like Sin and Punishment 2, Kirbys Adventure and Pandora's Tower have been added to the Wii Digital Distribution List. I think seeing a game like Pandora's Tower sets a good precedent for games like Xenoblade Chronicles (although you probably won't see it until well after the 3DS version has been released).

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Search/Search-299117.html?q=&faf=GAME&gst=wiiu_wiidigitaldistribution

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I reckon Sony wish the Vita had as disappointing sales numbers as the 3DS!
    Many "experts" suggested that, with the release of the 3DS, that it was doomed, that the smart phone was the natural environment for on the go gaming and so on.
    Well, I guess the history of the 3DS format has answered that bit of pop speculation rather effectively.

I see the WiiU picking up momentum where, once upon a time, folk would have been content to see the console just maintain sales.
    And with a good year of great releases ahead we may well see further good news for Nintendo ahead.

As the other two current gen hone formats release game after game unfinished and missing key features I think the unease will build. People do not want to be beta testers, people do not want to find that the features on the back of the box wind up being, essentially, free dlc months after release, Drive Club anyone?
    Nintendo makes games that work from the get go.
    Updates only improve upon the game as described rather than attempt to repair the crap that slipped through due to a lack of play testing or as a result of running out of development time.

Agreed, but, the sad part is, no matter how broken games are on release for the ps4 and xbone and then for the next 6 months they get fixes and updates, people still ignore reviews of problems and drop 60 to 100 on a broken game. It's the customers fault for buying broken games and devs will keep doing it until the 300 odd million ps and Xbox owners stop buying these broken games on day 1, sadly.

What's where Nintendo always shine, they have never released a broken or unfinished game (as far as I know) and hopefully they never will. But yet people still think Ninty are a rubbish company and crap on them as much as possible and refuse to believe that Sony and Microsoft and the customer is the problem here.

Mr E wrote: »
    Not sure if it has been mentioned before, but it looks like Sin and Punishment 2, Kirbys Adventure and Pandora's Tower have been added to the Wii Digital Distribution List. I think seeing a game like Pandora's Tower sets a good precedent for games like Xenoblade Chronicles (although you probably won't see it until well after the 3DS version has been released).

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Search/Search-299117.html?q=&faf=GAME&gst=wiiu_wiidigitaldistribution

Really enjoyed Pandoras tower until half way, then I got a bit bored with it and moved on. Might get it again if it's 10 on release.

S&P2 and Kirbys Adventure, never played but could be tempted, but damn I have too many Ninty games to get through at the moment lol.

Xenoblade will not come to the 'Wii VC' for at least a year I'd say. Kinda more interested in playing it on my N3DS this year anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

What's where Nintendo always shine, they have never released a broken or unfinished game (as far as I know) and hopefully they never will.

The only one I can think of is Virtues Last Reward which was released with a major save flaw on the 3DS but perfect on the Vita.

gubbie wrote: »
    The only one I can think of is Virtues Last Reward which was released with a major save flaw on the 3DS but perfect on the Vita.

Well yeah, but VLR wasn't developed by Nintendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

• Registered Users Posts: 29,146 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Mr E wrote: »

Was mentioned in the Direct at about the 10:50 mark, but don't think was mentioned herer

I'd go for a couple if they were 9.99 for their first week, but I'd say, like Super Metroid and all, it'll only be for the first few releases.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, basically, Nintendo are putting onto its digital service all of those r@re Wii titles I have put together over the last 10 years :(
    Once again, bring stuff that never got a release here, Excitebots please!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

So, basically, Nintendo are putting onto its digital service all of those r@re Wii titles I have put together over the last 10 years :(

I played Excitebots through nefarious means. It's really enjoyable. If you like Excitetruck, it's that amped up a bit. I hope they bring it out here so I can support that game.

It's great news! Should bring more people to get a Wii U. I know I bought a ps vita just to play final fantasy 7-10

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Coming up to Christmas there were loads of articles on why you should now buy a Wii U, yesterday Gamespot published their article on why you should buy one in 2015

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/why-you-should-buy-a-wii-u-in-2015/1100-6424953/

In various forums and comments I see nothing but love for the Wii U, apart from the odd spotty yoof who doesn't know better.

I got my Wii U in June and I've been delighted with it. There's tonnes of awesome games (Mario 3D World is one of my favourite games ever) and you don't really realise just how useful the Gamepad is until you use it.

I got my Wii U in June and I've been delighted with it. There's tonnes of awesome games (Mario 3D World is one of my favourite games ever) and you don't really realise just how useful the Gamepad is until you use it.

I've only ever played it at a friends gaff. I love beeping the horn in Mario Kart...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

"Hello, work? Yeah, can't come in today, snowed in."

"Itsa Mario Time."

"Ignore that. Yeah, tonnes of the stuff"

"Do dee do dee do dedoooo, blah blah"

"The music? Ah, it's eh.... yeah, that's eh, Eminems newest song, eh, **** Bowser. But yeah, snowed in."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It's a fantastic piece of kit.

I put so much hours into SMB 3D World. Might have to give up on Champions Road so I can get back and clear Mario Kart and the DLC (haven't taken it online yet either!)

Then I have Zombiu to tackle. Followed by SMG2, and the Metroid Trilogy.

Once I have those sorted I can work on getting Wind Waker, Pikmin 3, and maybe Wonderful 101.

All that doesn't include the hours put in chasing nieces and nephew around in nintendoland, or just dance with the missus.

My fav console ever and I've only had it a month or so!

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    I played Excitebots through nefarious means. It's really enjoyable. If you like Excitetruck, it's that amped up a bit. I hope they bring it out here so I can support that game.

I played it the same way back in the day.
    Pretty much every game of note that lived on a little HDD behind the Wii is now owned as a physical copy, but Excitebots was never released in Pal territories :(
    Region Locking, feck off!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'd buy Excitetruck on digital for a tenner if it popped up. Loved that game when it came out.

I'm running out of space on my Wii U hard drive. Are all storage devices compatible with the Wii U or just certain ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I used an old HDD I had laying about, it has a y-cable (2 usb connections to go into the Wii U, 1 for its own power, and 1 for data) which Nintendo recommend. That or 1 with its actual own power source. Mine works fine. Plug it in, it formats it, and then when you have it plugged in it defaults to it.

I only plug it in when downloading from the e store. Then I only need to plug it in if I want to play the downloaded titles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

some bus-powered hard drives might not work, but basically any HDD or memory key should do the job

BTW, anyone seen this?
    https://www.facebook.com/SmashBrosEN/photos/a.266600980180256.1073741830.224173137756374/388747461298940/?type=1&theater
    15 stages? Free? Awesome...

Oh wait, it's posted on HUKD too, and they're saying it's not 15 new stages, it's 15 stages adapted for 8 players. Which is great for the 3 guys who managed to get GC controller adapters....
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/freebies/super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-gets-15-new-8-player-stages-free-update-2131065

Advertisement