Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Mr E wrote: »
    Not sure if it has been mentioned before, but it looks like Sin and Punishment 2, Kirbys Adventure and Pandora's Tower have been added to the Wii Digital Distribution List. I think seeing a game like Pandora's Tower sets a good precedent for games like Xenoblade Chronicles (although you probably won't see it until well after the 3DS version has been released).

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Search/Search-299117.html?q=&faf=GAME&gst=wiiu_wiidigitaldistribution

Are these HD remakes like the PS3 had with the likes of Shadow of the Colossus and God of War? If they were then you could be I'd be rebuying Mario Galaxy 1 and 2.
    ThisRegard wrote: »
    In various forums and comments I see nothing but love for the Wii U, apart from the odd spotty yoof who doesn't know better.

In my experience, the people who know about the Wii U and still balk at it tend to be kind of insecure and unwilling to play "kiddie" games like Mario or Zelda. Honestly though, I still do feel like my Wii U is kind a supplementary console to my PC. It feels like it's never going to have enough games to be my only gaming console but its still definitely worth it because the exclusive games it does get are of such a high quality that I'd consider them pretty much unmissable, which I can say about very few games on either of the other consoles or even my PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Gah, my hard drive isn't big enough for metroid prime trilogy, and it won't let me put it on my downloads list like PS4 does. Boo Nintendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,013 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Can you operate the Wii U menu without using the Gamepad?

Power it on using the button on the console and then use a Wii remote or preferably GC pad plugged in to the adapter?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr E wrote: »
    I'd buy Excitetruck on digital for a tenner if it popped up. Loved that game when it came out.

It is such a good game, overshadowed at the time by the Motorstorm games on the PS3 unfortunately.
    But it stands well as pure arcade pleasure and I was playing it not too long ago and it was still good stuff.
    Reminds me of Shox on the PS2, not in content but in delivering a racing coin op experience at home.
    I'd love to see a HD sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Can you operate the Wii U menu without using the Gamepad?

Power it on using the button on the console and then use a Wii remote or preferably GC pad plugged in to the adapter?

Well I just turned on with the Pro Controller there, could even navigate the eShop even though I thought you needed to use the gamepad for it. Dunno about Wiimotes and GC pads, it did pop up the glove from navigating the Wiis menus with a Wiimote.

Also, one Metroid Trilogy being only €10, even though I own a disc copy....

ac833854681579b4026d61c5a2eba1aaa0f376fbb9e80588d6f673c541da8b7f.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I bought it, mostly to keep my physical copy all minty fresh.
    And because I couldn't help it.
    I didn't but the previous two offerings as I also own the physical copies, just not quite as attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

The last part of DLC for Hyrule Warriors is out...as if I don't have enough grinding to go....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

smokingman wrote: »
    The last part of DLC for Hyrule Warriors is out...as if I don't have enough grinding to go....

Listen to this while staring at this...
    tumblr_ni68xygfyk1t1j1quo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 29,146 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Can you not buy a game on the eShop unless you have space to download it?
    Just got the not enough space message when trying to buy MP Trilogy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

No, had that issue with AC iii. Just clear out a memory key temporarily, kick it off so your purchase goes through and then cancel it in download management. You can download again when you have capacity. How big is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Banjo wrote: »
    How big is it?

7700.7 MB

That may be a bit of a kick in the ass for a few Wii U basic owners, but they can take comfort in the fact that it's looking like Premium owners are still going to have to buy an external drive anyway. I have less than 2GB left and I still haven't bought Shovel Knight and a few other games that I want.
    There are also a fair few games with DLC/Updates/Improvements that I haven't yet bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,146 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, have my old 120GB PS3 drive that I swapped out and have in a casing so may use that for now. I'll be sticking with mostly physical purchases anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I bought Metroid Trilogy and I prefer just being able to play games without having to swap discs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Had to do a bit of clearout on my Wii U to fit Metroid Prime Trilogy but wasn't going to miss out on the €10 deal!

Any decent deals going on external HDD at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I find, if you want to take advantage of all the eshop sales you HAVE to invest in a hdd, just get a cheap 500gb hdd and a y USB cable and you're done.

I still think it was extremely stupid of them to not include a hdd on the WiiU, in this day and age of really cheap memory, casuals will miss out on so many great eshop deals that pop up on the gamepad each week so it's not like they wouldn't know about them tbf. And in turn Nintendo miss out on a lot of instant cash.

They better do it on their next home system.

Still playing through skyward sword, 35 hours in. I've gotten over the motion plus but I hope they focus on the gamepad more so than motion plus on Zelda U, which I'm sure they will.

Got Metroid Prime Trilogy last night, €10 for 3 games! Can't go wrong at all with that, another reason to get a decent sized hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

I'm glad I'm kept all my wii games no need to buy these wii games again from EShop

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

They better do it on their next home system.

Still playing through skyward sword, 35 hours in. I've gotten over the motion plus but I hope they focus on the gamepad more so than motion plus on Zelda U, which I'm sure they will.

Hope they definitely don't use the Gamepad as the main control scheme for the next Zelda, it'd be great as a supplementary one (map, certain puzzles, weapons etc)but it's too big for continuous play over a few hours. I'd love if they kept the motion plus to be honest.

I say that as a fan of the Gamepad too, but for long continuous play it's not comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    I'm glad I'm kept all my wii games no need to buy these wii games again from EShop

If only I had your discipline!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Corholio wrote: »
    Hope they definitely don't use the Gamepad as the main control scheme for the next Zelda, it'd be great as a supplementary one (map, certain puzzles, weapons etc)but it's too big for continuous play over a few hours. I'd love if they kept the motion plus to be honest.

I say that as a fan of the Gamepad too, but for long continuous play it's not comfortable.

Pro controller is the only way IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I've recently been playing Skyward Sword with the tv & gamepad on. The gamepad is in it's cradle to my right slightly below eye level. Obviously the display is the same as the tv, but it would be amazing to integrate this setup into a zelda game. You on one screen, able to keep an eye on what another character is doing on the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Corholio wrote: »

I'd imagine it would be like Wind Waker or Mario 3D World where you could choose gamepad or Pro controller.

Can anyone who has bought the Metroid Prime Trilogy tell me if the games are upgraded to HD resolution or are they still 480p?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Graphics are the same.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    If only I had your discipline!

I have more Wii games now than I had the first time around, including everything to be released for the WiiU via the current promotion, still bought Metroid Prime Trilogy though, just to keep the original fresh.
    Also, it seems the extended manual the physical release had is included in the digital release, including the extra stuff therein, which is very nice of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

young link from majoras mask pack added to hyrule warrior, fierce weapon added, tingle character playable,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Don't know if it's posted here yet but....
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/02/cult_playstation_2_title_legend_of_kay_is_getting_remastered_on_wii_u

I might get it if it's a proper remake like Wind Waker was.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

OlliOlli is coming next month, for the 3DS as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Is Chrono Trigger on the Wii VC does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

It isn't.

• Advertisement

cloud493 wrote: »
    It isn't.

Is it not? I think I bought it last year on the Wii vc through the WiiU. Maybe I'm wrong and thinking of something else

Advertisement