Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Well on the Wii VC I'm not sure. Not directly on the Wii U e-shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I thought someone mentioned it was on the Wii VC. I haven't played it yet and wouldn't mind trying it on a full screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

cloud493 wrote: »
    Well on the Wii VC I'm not sure. Not directly on the Wii U e-shop.

Ah! Yeah he asked re the Wii. So yes it's on the WII VC, not the WiiU eshop .

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I thought someone mentioned it was on the Wii VC. I haven't played it yet and wouldn't mind trying it on a full screen.

It is on the Wii VC. Wikipedia has a list of all games:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_for_Wii_%28PAL_region%29

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Some new info on Splatoon.
    -Working on a local multiplayer mode in addition to online and Hero Mode
    -Hero mode is predominantly a 3D platformer with heavy emphasis on human-squid transformations
    -Random matching is done world wide, game tries to place you with players close to your skill level based on ratings
    -Tried implementing a system whereby you could give orders to your team mates, but battles were too quick and hectic for them to be effective so they got rid of the feature
    -Game won't use CPU fighters; only once 8 human players have been found will a match start
    -Having multiple modes with random matching would limit the number of players per mode, so all the focus is on the 4 vs. 4 for that
    -No communication with players you are matched with
    -They didn't think of using Bloopers when they decided on squids (they apparently forgot they existed)
    -No money can be earned in Hero Mode. Your points, as displayed at the end of the match, are turned into money and experience points.
    -A lot of the music is written by Tooru Minegishi (who has worked on Zelda, Animal Crossing, and Super Mario)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just to say, the DS version of Chronotrigger is pretty good and not too expensive.
    I have the SNES one and have yet to invest time in it.
    Same with Super Mario RPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Does wii u work same the online with other wifi users besides UPC like vodofone simple broadband or sky

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    Does wii u work same the online with other wifi users besides UPC like vodofone simple broadband or sky

should work the same no matter who you're with for internet.
    the latter ones would be slower and more laggy due to being slower than upc though.

I personally haven't been able to play a game of smash online, I'm with sky, my upload is quite a bit slower than I was used to with UPC.

Thank you very much, It's good I've 30days wifi while wait my new service to install because UPC have increase the bill by €20 extra and that means they ve broken their contract and that why I left , and I got 30 days to play games online and wifi for updates if any but I mite need help again to Change internet settings when I get my new one installed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'm on eircom, haven't played anything online on my WiiU. Ever. I'm kind of shocked to realise that. Will try some smash or Mario later if I can and report back.

I can't believe I've been playing solo for so long...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Banjo wrote: »
    I can't believe I've been playing solo for so long...

That right arm must be getting tired alright....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That right arm must be getting tired alright....;)

Only if he's using the Wiimote.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Today is the last day to get Metroid Prime Trilogy at a discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I notice there's nothing about a new Wii release in the Thursday notes on NintendoLife. Is that to create a break between the 9.99 launchers and the full price launchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Mr E wrote: »
    Today is the last day to get Metroid Prime Trilogy at a discount.
    Just picked it up there. Had to delete Sonic Lost World / Zombi U to make room even though it'll probably be months before I get around to playing it, arrghhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Just picked it up there. Had to delete Sonic Lost World / Zombi U to make room even though it'll probably be months before I get around to playing it, arrghhh.

Play it immediately :) Tbh, I wasn't sure how it would be after 10 years (for me) but it's still amazing. The controls are actually better with the remote imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Picked it up Tuesday, my games backlog gets bigger!! :D

lol im not buying wii games again unless i dont have it in wii beside wiiu can play wii games discs, can you play wii games from online then i may consider buying tthem because wii games discs cant go online

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Just been given a delivery estimate by Amazon for Windwaker for the 16th, only £30:)

wii games from EShop can you play them online then i may consider buying them again because wii games discs cant go online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    wii games from EShop can you play them online then i may consider buying them again because wii games discs cant go online

They're pretty much the same as the discs, Wii games can't go online since the network was turned off. The games so far released (Mario Galaxy, Metriod Trilogy and Donkey Kong Country Returns) don't have any online components anyway.

abbir wrote: »
    They're pretty much the same as the discs, Wii games can't go online since the network was turned off. The games so far released (Mario Galaxy, Metriod Trilogy and Donkey Kong Country Returns) don't have any online components anyway.
    I remember you can post your score points online from metriod prime trilogy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Seems you can't use the game pad as a sensor bar with the Wii games launched directly from the U menu as it's not in Wii mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Seems you can't use the game pad as a sensor bar with the Wii games launched directly from the U menu as it's not in Wii mode.

Yes you can I was playing Galaxy 2 last night on the gamepad only. And it is in wii mode it's just a shortcut from the wii u menu to the wii mode game.

How did you get it to work? When I opened the Metroid trilogy it with wouldn't register any movements, just button presses?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Might need to check the sensitivity of the Wiimote camera.

How did you get it to work? When I opened the Metroid trilogy it with wouldn't register any movements, just button presses?

Just worked for me didn't do anything just pointed it at the screen. I didn't play metroid trilogy yet though, I'm trying to play one game at a time at the moment(very hard to do!)
    Have you tried it on a disc based game to see if the problem lies elsewhere?

I know when it's switching to wii mode and you have your tv off you have to point blindly at the tv to select either play on TV & Gamepad or TV only and during this process you can't point at the game pad till you make your selection. I know it sounds stupid but just a thought....

Not on a Wii game, but the remotes work fine on Wii U games without a sensor.

• Advertisement

Not on a Wii game, but the remotes work fine on Wii U games without a sensor.

See above I bet that's whats wrong.

Advertisement