Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I'll give it a whirl.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I'll give it a whirl.

Obviously you can turn on your TV so you can see what your doing during this process but if it's off you can just point at the TV screen till the wiimote vibrates and then press A and if you gamepad switches off because you selected tv only just hit the power button on the gamepad and it will come back on.

On another note my missus is in work till ten the kids are awAy for the weekend I've got lots of beers in the fridge so if anyone wants to smash or Kart I'm here all night;-) well till ten anyway I'm up early in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Ok, let me get this straight. So I do not need the sensor bar to play Wii games on my WiiU as long as I have the gamepad turned on as a screen also? So the gamepad will work as a sensor bar when I boot into Wii mode?

So 'technically' I can get rid of the Wii sensor bar?

Ok, let me get this straight. So I do not need the sensor bar to play Wii games on my WiiU as long as I have the gamepad turned on as a screen also? So the gamepad will work as a sensor bar when I boot into Wii mode?

So 'technically' I can get rid of the Wii sensor bar?
    The gamepad has a sensor bar built in but it's function is for playing games on your gamepad with your TV off.

Technically you could get rid of the sensor bar if you positioned the gamepad either above or below the TV but you'd have to point at the small gamepad screen so it's impractical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Xenoblade is going to be a massive 22.7GB in size. Better start looking for a decent hard drive.

4 players will be able to simultaneous play online while being connected to 32 other players for item trading.

The Japanese box art for the game:

70430-xenoblade-chronicles-x.jpg

I'm just playing Galaxy two I know it's old but due to the rerelease it's worth mentioning and it's my first time playing it. I'm not sure if it better than one yet but my God it's brilliant. The guys why made this have some imagination! It's a shame the gaming general population in general are too hooked on realistic looking graphics and such they all miss out on the magic that is nintendo.
    I brought my wii U to a friends house a while ago with smash and mario kart and my friends brother whose on his twenties refused to play with us because he didn't like cartoonie looking games. It's sad but this is the way the general/casual gaming community thinks.
    I now think Nintendo consoles are only bought buy the real hardcore gamers like ourselves while the rest play Fifa and cod over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Galaxy 1 & 2 are the best thing ever. I pity the fools that don't dig that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

A rumour has emerged today that Netflix are planning to make a live action Zelda series. It still apparently has a long way to go and no writer is even on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Just came across this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oH3_MscjCk

24 minutes of Xenoblade Chronicles X footage. It's in Japanese, so I haven't got the slightest clue what's going on, but there's a guy in the comments section talking about translating it, so I'll keep an eye on that on the off chance he's not waffling on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I remember a while back someone complained that they couldn't buy games from the eshop and download them later like you can on PS3\PS4.

There is a workaround. Buy the games, then go to download management and delete the downloads. You can then re-download the games any time you want without incurring costs.

This will allow those with limited space on their HDs to avail of the half-price Wii releases while they shop for a bigger HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

look like no zeld u this year other promise broken with majora's ,mask coming out next friday

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    look like no zeld u this year other promise broken with majora's ,mask coming out next friday

What's going on? Have they announced a delay?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Can't find any news suggesting this...?
    Think it's still due later this year Wampy, Majoras Mask remake changes nothing about the Zelda U schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Dude, you've seen the pics
    Wampy gets his news direct from Navi!
    "Hey! Listen! Aonuma is talking out his hole!"

I'd heard rumours that Zelda U was getting pushed back to after next Christmas with Xenoblade as the holiday sales push game to create the illusion of a rich release schedule but I think that was another boardsie, or a comment on nintendojo. Don't think there's any evidence yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

All I've heard so far about the Zelda Wii U release is a lot of speculation from people who don't think they can get it out by years end. I'll remain optimistic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Banjo wrote: »
    I'd heard rumours that Zelda U was getting pushed back to after next Christmas with Xenoblade as the holiday sales push game

It's hard to imagine that Xenoblade would be used as a big holiday game. Chronicles didn't sell particularly well at all, it was much more of a cult hit. Maybe word of mouth and the appearance of Shulk in SSB4 will boost buzz a bit but I still can't see it being any sort of substitute for Zelda in terms of sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I can imagine zelda being delayed, but xenoblade wouldn't be a big holiday game I don't think. Now metroid prime 4....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I'd be surprised if Zelda U got pushed from 2015. It's really their only big potential console moving game of the year. Star Fox, Mario Maker, Xenoblade, Yoshi, Kirby and Splatoon are all probably going to be great but none of them are Smash Bros or Mario Kart.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

cloud493 wrote: »
    I can imagine zelda being delayed, but xenoblade wouldn't be a big holiday game I don't think. Now metroid prime 4....

Problem there is that I'm not sure that Metroid has appeal outside of those who've already played it.
    To the sad and ignorant non Nintendo player it looks like just another space marine game and just doesn't get traction.
    See the difference between Halo and Metroid Prime,
    Halo sold 5 million copies, Metroid Prime 2 million :(

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Problem there is that I'm not sure that Metroid has appeal outside of those who've already played it.
    To the sad and ignorant non Nintendo player it looks like just another space marine game and just doesn't get traction.
    See the difference between Halo and Metroid Prime,
    Halo sold 5 million copies, Metroid Prime 2 million :(
    hold a second halo came out in 2001 and metroid prime came out 2002 so natural halo sold more metroid prime because halo came out a year before metroid prime did and halo has multiplayer mode and metroid prime doesnt

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

24 million xbox consoles v's 22 million gamecubes (suprised they were so close actually!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

I don't see why Zeldou would be delayed, I mean, it has a history of always being delayed, but all Nintendo games have that.

I'm more worried about starfox, but I can wait for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,149 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Xenoblade is a niche game which may play well to Nintendo as there wont be too many of them made for Wii U maybe just enough for the amount of Wii U owners out there again as has been said it won't be a main seller in the pre Christmas period what with COD 15, Assassin's Creed 15 etc being released for PS3,4 Xbone etc.

Xenoblade 3D will largely be a better seller as it is so far being marketed as the first New 3DS only game and will be available both as a cart and eshop purchase, I think most people that want a New 3DS will have one by April but still would bet Nintendo release a New 3DS XL Xenoblade Limited Edition console.

We have seent a starfox game for roughly 10yrs, last one was remake so that one doesn't really count

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Good news, we may see Fatal Frame V being localised.
    On February 1, 2015 Former Team Ninja member, current Valhala Game Studios member, Tomonobu Itagaki, has stated the following through his Facebook account:

"Hey guys, I strongly believe that Kikuchi Keisuke will release the Fatal Frame V in America, in many countries. He and me have same philosophy from Tecmo days. That's what I can say for now. I want you guys to read between the lines.
    Anyway I will play this game :)".

assuming mewtwo is avaible for everyone ive nt recived my mewtwo yet for smash u

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

assuming mewtwo is avaible for everyone ive nt recived my mewtwo yet for smash u

Me either. Still waiting on my CD 'n'all. Between this and my too-late-to-use ambassador n3ds mail I'm starting to think Ninty don't love me...

Did you qualify for the offer by registering the stars from a WiiU copy and 3ds copy of Smash Bros?

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

no sign of mine yet and 1000 of my stars just expired :(

I'm a big fan of nintendo but they get some things wrong!

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Me either. Still waiting on my CD 'n'all. Between this and my too-late-to-use ambassador n3ds mail I'm starting to think Ninty don't love me...

Did you qualify for the offer by registering the stars from a WiiU copy and 3ds copy of Smash Bros?
    yes
    ive memmber of nintendo uk more then 10yrs

Advertisement