Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

smokingman wrote: »
    I've searched high and low and can't find a whisper of new footage....you have me curious now...

The video that was released this morning keeps being pulled, not sure why, but the game looked fantastic, it was Gamereactor that put it up.
    In the latest issue of Gamereactor Magazine - out in stores today - we have an interview with Legend of Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma, who discusses not only the remake of Majora's Mask (out last Friday, and reviewed here), but the upcoming Wii U title.

"A huge, seamlessly unfolding world is something that can't be achieved if the hardware isn't advanced enough," he responded when asked how the studio was transitioning to the new world teased in last year's demo. "Ever since we made the very first generation of Legend of Zelda games though, we've had as large a world as can be realised with the hardware, so you could say it was inevitable that we've now done the same with the new Wii U title."

He also commented on claims that the series had finally gone open world.

"When I first showed off the new Zelda game on the Wii U, it seemed everyone was very excited and started proclaiming that a Zelda game had at last become open world! Zelda games have always allowed you to roam and explore a huge world.

"What's changed now is that the hardware has progressed to the point that you can now explore this vast world seamlessly; the underpinning of the game hasn't changed."

And keeping track of where you are in that open world is now easier with the second screen on the Wii U GamePad, which Aonuma says aids with the sense of adventure while paralleling real life.

"Recently, I've taken to relying on the map on my smart phone when I'm out walking in a place I'm not familiar with. A map isn't something you keep tucked away in your bag, it's by holding it in your hand and being able to constantly check it as you move forward step by step that gives you that sense of adventure."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Just picked up a wii U got mario kart, smash bros, new super mario u, zombiu and funky barn for the kids haha. Any free to play games in the wii U that are good. Looking forward to getting captain toad and mario 3d any other recommendations

Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze and Pikmin 3 are great. Also I thought Nintendo Land is a really solid party game. I know you mentioned it but I'd prioritise Super Mario 3D World, it's one of my all time favorite games. Wonderfully fun local multiplayer aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

theres smash u tournament in woolshed next week are u lot going

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

smokingman wrote: »
    I'm sure the grinding will get to me eventually, especially since they upped the max levdl to 200 in the last dlc....

No sooner than I get used to the thought of trying to get lv200 warriors, another dlc gets announced!
    This really is the best value dlc of any game I've heard of at this stage. I got the whole "season pass" of 4 dlc but had thought it was just going to be 3. Now I get to play as Ganon!!! :O
    http://www.vg247.com/2015/02/17/hyrule-warriors-ganon-dlc-wii-u/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

wampyrus77 wrote: »

I thought it was Smash Melee tourney no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭MrVestek

OOoooh. Any idea which day it's on?

I thought it was Smash Melee tourney no?

it's usually smash melee but this time its only smash wiiu on the saturday 28th of february
    woolshed 12pm-6pm

What's the story with the Wii eShop releases? Any word on when the next one is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

What's the story with the Wii eShop releases? Any word on when the next one is?

Kirby' adventure wii was(quietly) released today but it's €19.99 instead of the usual half price unfortunitely.
    I'll buy it at some stage but if it was half price of buy it now. Their lost as I still haven't finished Galaxy 2 and haven't even started metroid do it could be quite some time before I get around to it.

I didn't hear anything at all about Kirby alright. 20 is still cheaper than you'd find it anywhere else but yeah, would've been all over it at 10. I'll get it eventually.

• Advertisement

I didn't hear anything at all about Kirby alright. 20 is still cheaper than you'd find it anywhere else but yeah, would've been all over it at 10. I'll get it eventually.

They mentioned kirby when they originally announced the wii games but didn't give a release date for it I don't think. Yeah I'm the same ive never played through a kirby game but I'm looking for a game to play coop with my daughter and that could be perfect! She is sick of collecting stars in Galaxy as the second player while I die 20 times on those God damn prankster comet levels:-)

They also announced punch out wii so that should be coming soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I think Metroid, SMG2 and DKCR were just a once off for the 50% discount, maybe to get the fact Wii games were coming to the WiiU. Punch Out was the 2nd game in the American eShop in place of DKCR for Europe, it did get a 50% discount though. Only other games mentioned were Pandoras Tower and Sin & Punishment, but no timeframe given for this end of the world.

All the wii from EShop so far only use the wii remote/ plus only and nunchuck but not game pad

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

All the wii from EShop so far only use the wii remote/ plus only and nunchuck but not game pad

Well, that's to be expected seeing as they are simply Wii games shortcutted to from the WiiU desktop.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,146 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, that's to be expected seeing as they are simply Wii games shortcutted to from the WiiU desktop.

They did say in the Direct that they've been adapted so that games that could be played using the Wii Pro Controller, can be played using the Wii U Gamepad.

On another note, for anyone planning on going digital with Xenoblade X, the filesize in Japan is 22.7GB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Instead of starting a new topic I thought I would ask here.

Wanna get my Wii (not WiiU) online. The WiFi dongle thing is too expensive now so will use USB to Ethernet but where can I find one cheaply in Dublin now?

I see maplin have one but it's like 26quid or something stupid like that. Pcworld is a nightmare to search as thousands of things come up with only an Apple type product showing.

Any advice on where to pick one up that properly works in Dublin today?

Thanks guys!

Instead of starting a new topic I thought I would ask here.

Wanna get my Wii (not WiiU) online. The WiFi dongle thing is too expensive now so will use USB to Ethernet but where can I find one cheaply in Dublin now?

I see maplin have one but it's like 26quid or something stupid like that. Pcworld is a nightmare to search as thousands of things come up with only an Apple type product showing.

Any advice on where to pick one up that properly works in Dublin today?

Thanks guys!

Is it the Wii Mini that you have by any chance?

Haha no no, it's the GameCube one. Just had a run around town looking for one there, turns out, most shops don't even know what it even is anymore, Idk.....

Looking like I'll have to go with the Apple Ethernet adapter, which is the same bloody thing except in a box with Apple on it for like 30quid.

EDIT: Rang maplin in a last stitch attempt there and none in stock in Dublin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Haha no no, it's the GameCube one. Just had a run around town looking for one there, turns out, most shops don't even know what it even is anymore, Idk.....

Looking like I'll have to go with the Apple Ethernet adapter, which is the same bloody thing except in a box with Apple on it for like 30quid.

EDIT: Rang maplin in a last stitch attempt there and none in stock in Dublin :(

Is that wii not WiFi ready out of the box?

• Advertisement

No, was trying last night, no WiFi built in. I used to have the WiFi adapter but it's gone walkies, prob a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

All versions of the Wii, with the exception of the Wii-mini have Wifi built in...

Star Lord wrote: »
    All versions of the Wii, with the exception of the Wii-mini have Wifi built in...

Do they? Then what was the Wii USB WiFi dongle for?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

WiFi is built-in on the Game Cube one. Have you tried connecting?

Do they? Then what was the Wii USB WiFi dongle for?

I think you may be getting confused between this and the USB To Ethernet adapter.

MrVestek wrote: »
    I think you may be getting confused between this and the USB To Ethernet adapter.

Ok, so the actual launch Wii back in 2006 had WiFi built into it? I thought it didn't. I did a search on my Wii for wireless connection last night and it didn't pick up my WiFi at all.

Ok, so the actual launch Wii back in 2006 had WiFi built into it?

Yup. Mine is a launch Wii and it works fine.

Bear in mind that it's limited enough, it won't pick up Wireless N only networks and won't pick up anything on the 5Ghz band.

Yup. Mine is a launch Wii and it works fine.

Bear in mind that it's limited enough, it won't pick up Wireless N only networks and won't pick up anything on the 5Ghz band.

Cool ok I did not know that!

So my eircom WiFi will not connect with the Wii? Or do I have to fiddle around with some settings?

Cool ok I did not know that!

So my eircom WiFi will not connect with the Wii? Or do I have to fiddle around with some settings?

I dunno dude but if you want a hand setting it up PM me, don't want us babbling back and fourth to flood the thread.

• Advertisement

I dunno dude but if you want a hand setting it up PM me, don't want us babbling back and fourth to flood the thread.

Ah cheers dude. What I'm gonna do is hold off on getting that adapter for now and try a few things to get it connected tonight, see how I get on there. I'm sure it's pretty straight forward, just have a look at some guides an stuff

Advertisement