Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If you're familiar with your Eircom router, give it a check to see what frequencies it broadcasts on. Might need to change it from 5GHz to 2.4, or from N to G.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Star Lord wrote: »
    If you're familiar with your Eircom router, give it a check to see what frequencies it broadcasts on. Might need to change it from 5GHz to 2.4, or from N to G.

And I can do that through my laptop of needs be?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭MrVestek

And I can do that through my laptop of needs be?

Should be able to yes. I think you can access most Eircom routers by going here:

http://192.168.1.254

MrVestek wrote: »
    Should be able to yes. I think you can access most Eircom routers by going here:

http://192.168.1.254

Cool thanks!

I'll stop hijacking the thread now.

Thanks for all the help, I feel dumb now lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I had one of the old Eircom routers, it would NOT let my Wii connect when I had a security key set up, or at least not with any degree of stability. Turn off security, it it works better start MAC filtering so only your stuff can connect to the router.

• Advertisement

I always do that myself, with any provider. If someone is gonna go to the lengths that are required for mac address spoofing then there's little you could do to stop them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Lengths? You can chance your MAC address in less than a minute. Enable security on your wifi lads!

If they've the know how and determination to find the hidden SSID, and to sniff the packets to get the allowed MAC addresses on the network, then the encryption really isn't going to be much of an obstacle either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

is this like a Big Mac or Mac and cheese?

No, like this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A western release was announced for Rodea The Sky Soldier last night by NiS America, the game is Directed by Yuji Naka, the man behind Sonic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

MrVestek wrote: »
    Lengths? You can chance your MAC address in less than a minute. Enable security on your wifi lads!

It depends on where you are imo. I live in an apartment right now so I don't want all the neighbours hogging the bandwidth. If you live in the countryside though you should be fairly safe for the most part.

An update on connection my Wii, yup, you were all right. Connected with no problems at all this time. I'm such a dummy!

Thanks for all the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

Hi all, just picked up a new wiiu this morning.
    When I plug controller into mains I can use it perfectly,however as soon as I remove plug it turns off.
    Also the Orange charging light doesn't appear to be lighting up on controller when it's charging as the manual says it should.
    Should I just leave it plugged in , in the hope that a new battery needs longer to charge and see what happens?
    Also does the wii itself need to be turned on when charging controller?

Sorry about all questions but I'm new to this Nintendo lark:)

Update its 15 mins plugged in, and still no coloured light, and the 4 battery icons on the screen remain empty :confused:

Any help would be great , thanks

open the screw on the back and check is there a battery in the unit. sounds like there isn't tbh

sweetie wrote: »
    open the screw on the back and check is there a battery in the unit. sounds like there isn't tbh

Hi , yes I did that, and there is battery there alright, removed it and reconnected it, starting to look like a dud battery,any idea where they can be bought, or I should be covered under guarantee I assume.?
    Bought the wiiu in tesco,
    Thanks for the quick reply :)

kildare75 wrote:
    Hi , yes I did that, and there is battery there alright, removed it and reconnected it, starting to look like a dud battery,any idea where they can be bought, or I should be covered under guarantee I assume.? Bought the wiiu in tesco, Thanks for the quick reply 

if it was one of the cheap clearance models they may not have a replacement. I got a spare on eBay, lasts about 4 hrs.

if it was one of the cheap clearance models they may not have a replacement. I got a spare on eBay, lasts about 4 hrs.

Aye was €114,still very impressed with the system, I'll take a look on eBay this evening,thanks for all your help, appreciate it.
    Before I go I picked up mario kart 8 and mario 3d world, any others worth checking out?
    I have a ps4 so played all the usual games Fifa cod etc
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Glad it works when it's plugged in. Would be a nightmare if you couldn't play it. (I keep the plug nearby all the time anyway, battery life ain't great).

For my money, Pikmin 3 should be your next purchase.

Everyone on here reckons Bayonetta is the best thing every. I haven't played it, but i understand Argos is the best place to get the Bayo 1 + 2 pack, which I'm planning to pick up soon.

Also, if you never had a Wii, there an absolute goldmine of great games which you can play on Wiiu. Just make sure you have the right controller.

Where'd you get it for that price?

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Glad it works when it's plugged in. Would be a nightmare if you couldn't play it. (I keep the plug nearby all the time anyway, battery life ain't great).

For my money, Pikmin 3 should be your next purchase.

Everyone on here reckons Bayonetta is the best thing every. I haven't played it, but i understand Argos is the best place to get the Bayo 1 + 2 pack, which I'm planning to pick up soon.

Also, if you never had a Wii, there an absolute goldmine of great games which you can play on Wiiu. Just make sure you have the right controller.

Where'd you get it for that price?

Thanks for the reply, I'll check out Argos, I picked it up in tesco in Naas. Think it might be last one as the fella had to check out the back and eventually came back with it, it's the basic wiiu, but still as I said I'm impressed apart from the dodgy battery

• Advertisement

kildare75 wrote:
    Thanks for the reply, I'll check out Argos, I picked it up in tesco in Naas. Think it might be last one as the fella had to check out the back and eventually came back with it, it's the basic wiiu, but still as I said I'm impressed apart from the dodgy battery

no way!!! dropped in there this morning before half ten to get one for my brother in law and the bearded guy at electrical desk kept me waiting ten mins before he checked and told me there was none left.

291216768497 is the eBay item number that I boughy

291216768497 is the eBay item number that I boughy

Thanks a million, I'll take a look, yes bought it just Before 8 this morning, spotted the yellow sticker on the shelf and said that has to be wrong at €114, went to electrical desk and the girl went off to get a manager with a key for the security cage out the back, after a while back he came with the wii..sorry u missed out

Thanks again for the advice, genuinely appreciate it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Just joined the club at last :D got a Wii U premium with Nintendoland for €139 in Tesco Tullamore. Last one hopefully the battery is ok!

Thanks for the heads up kildare75 so I knew to ask. I'd say it's worth trying in any Tesco extras with an electrical desk. Nothing up about it just asked if there was any chance they had one out the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Ryath wrote: »
    Just joined the club at last :D got a Wii U premium with Nintendoland for €139 in Tesco Tullamore. Last one hopefully the battery is ok!

€139! Fook me, that's only savage.

kildare75 wrote:
    Thanks a million, I'll take a look, yes bought it just Before 8 this morning, spotted the yellow sticker on the shelf and said that has to be wrong at €114, went to electrical desk and the girl went off to get a manager with a key for the security cage out the back, after a while back he came with the wii..sorry u missed out

jaysus, the early worm! no worries glad to help. captain toad is very good too. there may be a copy or two on adverts ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Only got a chance to set it up late last night so only got to play a few Nintendoland games before leaving the update running overnight. Battery seems good took a charge anyway. Hopefully it lasts an hour or two at least. Was planning on ordering an extended battery pack anyway. Just need to transfer my wii saves and virtual console games over now.

The kids should like Nintendo land and I'll pick up Super Mario 3D or maybe Mario kart today. Argos is best price for them I think. Assume the Pro controller is worth getting never liked the wii solution of plugging controller into the wii remote. I can see myself using of TV play quite a lot. Will be nice to be able to let the wife watch her TV while I play. It was a lot of the reason I stopped playing my Wii as it was not fair to monopolise the TV at night and had so little free time to play.

Ryath wrote:
    The kids should like Nintendo land and I'll pick up Super Mario 3D or maybe Mario kart today. Argos is best price for them I think. Assume the Pro controller is worth getting never liked the wii solution of plugging controller into the wii remote. I can see myself using of TV play quite a lot. Will be nice to be able to let the wife watch her TV while I play. It was a lot of the reason I stopped playing my Wii as it was not fair to monopolise the TV at night and had so little free time to play.

its great. I played a lot of vc games off TV over the last couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Only got a chance to set it up late last night so only got to play a few Nintendoland games before leaving the update running overnight. Battery seems good took a charge anyway. Hopefully it lasts an hour or two at least. Was planning on ordering an extended battery pack anyway. Just need to transfer my wii saves and virtual console games over now.

I think the Pro controller is great. A lot of games will let you use the Wii remotes but, having four of each, I would never choose them over the Pro one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Aye I use the Pro where possible. Still in love with my WiiU, started playing MK online, what a joy! Gonna get stuck into Cpt Toad later. Also have Zelda Wind Waker on the way.

Advertisement