Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I was playing MK and Super Mario Bros. off tv for the first time last night and the picture was skipping quite a bit. I was about 10 feet from the Wii U. Might there be a problem with my gamepad?
    Edit: Actually, I think it's the Kinect interfering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Bloody hell this Wii to Wii U data transfer is tedious! Couldn't get Mario3d either today:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Ryath wrote: »
    Bloody hell this Wii to Wii U data transfer is tedious! Couldn't get Mario3d either today:(

i cant get it working either what the point having an app isnt doing its job

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    i cant get it working either what the point having an app isnt doing its job

Worked fine for me just a good few steps and a bit of faffing switching between 2 wii remotes a wii u remote and tv input on the tv remote. Had a bit of bother getting it to connect to shop channel on the wii aswell initially. It's really not too bad download the software on Wii and Wii U Wii channel. (All the wii's make it a bit confusing reading the instructions) Put the Sd card in the wii u first then the wii and then back to the wii u following the onscreen instructions. The pikmins will keep you entertained transferring the data!

Got Mario 3d World yesterday it really is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The Game Collection is listing a March 27th release date for the new Kirby. That's the first I've seen of a release date.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The Game Collection is listing a March 27th release date for the new Kirby. That's the first I've seen of a release date.

That makes far more sense than the second half of this year, as seen elsewhere.
    Especially given the recent release in the NTSC territories.
    Can't wait.
    Probably be my next purchase tbh.
    The only games I seem to buy at full price are Nintendo releases.
    Even the upcoming Arkham Knight title will wait for a bit, at least until I finish Arkham City on the WiiU!

awesome new hyrule warriors dlc boss Available now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 3ds but I see that you can pick up a Wii u for around 200. A white one. I will prob pick up the 3ds but now im torn between the two. What's smash bros like in the 3ds .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'm not a great judge as it turns out I don't really like Smash Bros, but I found the 3DS one just never felt right in terms of controls. None of the buttons ever seemed to do what I wanted them to do no matter how I configured them. Same layout on Wii U worked a dream, albeit a dream about a game I wasn't that fussed about. I don't know why. Maybe the 3DS standard (not XL or New) is just too small?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

CptMackey wrote: »
    I'm about to pull the trigger on a 3ds but I see that you can pick up a Wii u for around 200. A white one. I will prob pick up the 3ds but now im torn between the two. What's smash bros like in the 3ds .

Wii U basic for €239 in Smyth's with Super Smash Bros. No brainer if you ask me, amazing game.

EDIT: It's actually €234.99, my mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Wii U basic for €239 in Smyth's with Super Smash Bros. No brainer if you ask me, amazing game.

EDIT: It's actually €234.99, my mistake.

Or buy it in Argos and get NSMBU for a total of 214.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Neglecting my poor wii u lately so decided my next purchase is going to be a wii u game, with no new news for splatoon, looked up xenoblade x :

New day night trailer for Xenoblade X

Looks amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Interesting comments from Tantalus lately. They ported both Deus Ex and Mass Effect for the Wii U. They said this when asked about more ports:

"We’re doing that. It hasn’t been announced, but it will be soon. And can I just further add to the mystique and say that it’s big. It’s the biggest thing we’ve ever done. And it’ll come out this year, and I hope it won’t disappoint"

anyway wiiu basic isnt that good anymore for all the adds ons, dlcs and updates and most games you need wiiu premiere

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Or an external hard disk. Which you'll probably need with the premium anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Corholio wrote:
    "We’re doing that. It hasn’t been announced, but it will be soon. And can I just further add to the mystique and say that it’s big. It’s the biggest thing we’ve ever done. And it’ll come out this year, and I hope it won’t disappoint"

ass creed unity :(

sweetie wrote: »
    ass creed unity :(

Well, if its a Ubi gave that runs straight away and direct require waiting a month or two for the game to be finished, might well be a revolution indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    anyway wiiu basic isnt that good anymore for all the adds ons, dlcs and updates and most games you need wiiu premiere

Personally, I don't think the small memory boost at all justifies the cost difference. You get an extra 24GB for around €80-100. If you buy an external one you'll get at least 1TB for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

For those playing Hyrule Warriors who are beginning to grate on the grind....may I present, the max ruppees glitch... :D

http://www.reddit.com/r/HyruleWarriors/comments/2wtnjw/max_rupee_glitch/

We initially thought that the glitch only worked by defeating Gohma, but as it turns out, it applies to other Giant Bosses. There's been a few reported cases of the glitch working against King Dodongo and Argorok.
    For all recorded cases so far, Gohma / King Dodongo / Argorok were not defeated with a Weak Point Smash. The Weak Point Gauge may be active, but the final killing blow should not activate the Weak Point Smash animation. However, one user mentioned that the glitch activated for them after a Weak Point Smash.
    You should use a weapon with Rupees+ on it.
    Weapon's rank or stars do not matter.
    The playable character does not matter. The character's level does not matter. It's not necessary, but it's helpful to have full Stamina Fruit Badges, so you can reduce the Weak Point Gauge efficiently.
    This glitch works for both American and European versions of the game. This glitch works for both hard copies and digital copies.
    The glitch can activate on the first attempt of the mission. But if it doesn't, the glitch can still activate on subsequent runthroughs if you use the "Restart Mission" feature.
    A popular theory is that there's an underflow error that causes the glitch. It may be beneficial to keep your rupee count low during the Giant Boss's death. Here's a video of the rupee count going down mid-battle. It jumps from 42 -> 37 rupees. You would only notice this during unsuccessful attempts. For successful attempts, there should be a sudden jump to 9,999,999 rupees. Here's a picture what your screen should look like after defeating the Giant Boss.
    European players have reported that the glitch is still functional after the 1.6 patch (Boss Pack).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=XCDLCZbYuGY#t=106

I've been trying it for a few days now with no success! Has it worked for you?

• Advertisement

Star Lord wrote: »
    I've been trying it for a few days now with no success! Has it worked for you?

Only saw it tonight but haven't had a chance to try yet - I'll have a few goes after the movie night with missus.

smokingman wrote: »
    Only saw it tonight but haven't had a chance to try yet - I'll have a few goes after the movie night with missus.

So, spent two hours trying that last night...not a dilly...grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Getting loads of work done on the house (had a fire before Christmas), Rooms/ceilings/floors removed etc..
    Packed a load away, including my Wii U, and it's the only thing I really miss.. :):(.

It's in the back of the container, so it's also one of the hardest things to get out.
    I can't wait to get stuck back into a few games, namely Bayonetta. Also been having a few dreams about the Wonderful 101 :D.

I think it'll be another 2 weeks... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Boo. Sorry to hear that Allyall.

Meanwhile, what the flip is this? Resi Revelations 2 is out on Xbox & Playstation?

I only keep an eye on Wiiu releases these days, so I totally missed this.

Cosplay for our illustrious moderator!
    jm670mfblgav52ewa4wi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I don't have one of these but have a question if thats ok?

What is the point of the little monitor that goes with this? Can it be played on the move? Good addition or just a gimmick? I was playing with my niece & nephew at the weekend and couldn't see the point

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I don't have one of these but have a question if thats ok?

What is the point of the little monitor that goes with this? Can it be played on the move? Good addition or just a gimmick? I was playing with my niece & nephew at the weekend and couldn't see the point

You can play the games on it, without disrupting the TV, or within a distance of the Console itself.

Also it can be used to interact with some games. Some of the (excellent :)) games that use the Game pad as part of the game.
    Deus Ex
    Wonderful 101
    Batman Arkham City
    ZombiU
    Nintendo Land
    Mass Effect 3

It can also be used as a second screen in multiplayer, so that both players have their own views, instead of splitting the screen.

My fiancée likes to play WHILE watching TV!

It can't really be played on the move, as it needs to be within range of the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Thanks guys ill have to get the nephew to show me

• Advertisement

wiiu can play movies along they are from youtube , or you want pay for my them there amazon, netflix, lovefilm, or play video from eshop

finally online with my new internet provider

last valentines day i went preorder mario party 10 for 20th of march which is same as Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars on wiiu and 3ds plus theres i also release date for new zelda game wiiu 27th of december just in-time for legend of zelda 30th anniversary

Advertisement