Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    ...plus theres i also release date for new zelda game wiiu 27th of december just in-time for legend of zelda 30th anniversary

I don't think anything has been announced regarding a release date? Some places are listing it as end of December simply to indicate that it'll come out this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Super mario all stars should come to wiiu to celebrate 30yrs of super mario bros

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Super mario all stars should come to wiiu to celebrate 30yrs of super mario bros

Again?
    Sure they did that for the Wii 5 years ago!
    And you can play that on the WiiU!
    And it was just a lazy port of the SNES game!

I'd be looking for something better, like a proper collection, including sports titles across the history of the character.
    Unfortunately that would be unlikely due to two things,
    1 The list of games is massive, from Wrecking Crew and Donkey Kong to Super Mario Galaxy and Mario Golf.
    2 With the money Nintendo make from Virtual Console sales they won't just give that content away for a single price.

Better to consider what they might do in 2017 for Super Mario Kart's 25th anniversary.
    A laugh collection on the WiiU 2? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I'm just thinking, does anybody use rechargeable batteries/kits on their wiimotes? I go through a decent amount of batteries so I'm considering looking into it and getting a decent kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,149 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bayonetta 1 and 2 together is €38.99 in Argos now.

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=3257702

• Advertisement

Super mario bros
    September 13, 1985
    NES/Famicom
    JP September 13, 1985
    NA 1985[1][2][3]
    EU May 15, 1987
    AUS 1987
    Famicom Disk System
    JP February 21, 1986

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Super mario bros
    September 13, 1985
    NES/Famicom
    JP September 13, 1985
    NA 1985[1][2][3]
    EU May 15, 1987
    AUS 1987
    Famicom Disk System
    JP February 21, 1986

What now?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,145 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I'm just thinking, does anybody use rechargeable batteries/kits on their wiimotes? I go through a decent amount of batteries so I'm considering looking into it and getting a decent kit.

I use Energiser NiMh ones. I have a set of 6 batteries and charger that holds 4, so I just roate them. Couldn't tell you how long the charge hods for though since i's not too often that I pla for long spells these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

You can get rechargeables now that are pre-charged in the pack. Those ones will hold about 70% of full charge for the guts of a year. I found that regular rechargeables dropped off over the course of around 2-3 weeks. If you don't play with the WiiMote often and don't want to, say, promise the kids a round of Mariokart and then endure the screams and wails because the Wiimotes are dead and you don't trust them with the gamepad (uh... hypothetically) then get the ones that hold charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

wiiu can play movies along they are from youtube , or you want pay for my them there amazon, netflix, lovefilm, or play video from eshop

I use mediabrowser3 to stream from my NAS or PC to the Wii U's browser.
    There's a lot of solutions to stream html5 videos to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The_B_Man wrote: »

€33.40 delivered - http://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00A878J5I/

It may be possible to find them cheaper elsewhere, I didn't really look very hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Might be just a placeholder date, but Amazon are saying that Xenoblade will be released on June 26th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NBY03ZY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Have this got it on lightning deals though for £25 or so. Handier as you can just keep spare batteries charged. It's much better with the new long life batteries as you can use them in more stuff not just high drain things. I'll replace all my batteries as needed with them it really is waste full to by disposables.

Xenji wrote: »
    Might be just a placeholder date, but Amazon are saying that Xenoblade will be released on June 26th.

Which one? 3DS or the new Wii U one?

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I use mediabrowser3 to stream from my NAS or PC to the Wii U's browser.
    There's a lot of solutions to stream html5 videos to it.

There are also a few HTML5 streaming sites.

My Wii U is still packed away, so I can't check, Can you view Viewster.com on it?

In had heard a late March release date for Kirby Rainbow Curse but I've heard nothing since, feck does this mean it won't be here until the Autumn?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    In had heard a late March release date for Kirby Rainbow Curse but I've heard nothing since, feck does this mean it won't be here until the Autumn?

Already out in USA/Japan but it'll be Q3/4 for us Europeans :(

Already out in USA/Japan but it'll be Q3/4 for us Europeans :(

Why is that? Is it like the Unmasked game? Copyright/licence issues or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Amazon Italy have Xenoblade X for Wii U release date as June 26th. Doesn't seem like a placeholder date either.

Would be impressive to have it that soon after Japan, compared to in the past.

Allyall wrote: »
    Why is that? Is it like the Unmasked game? Copyright/licence issues or something?

I imported that for my son for Christmas, he loved it though finished it in a day or two. That said, it was the main campaign, there's plenty of DC Comics fun to be a still with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

This could be interesting. It's a teaser for a fan short movie of the final battle between Link and Ganondorf at the end of Ocarina of Time. It's been worked on for the past 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

There are also a few HTML5 streaming sites.

My Wii U is still packed away, so I can't check, Can you view Viewster.com on it?

http://www.reddit.com/r/wiiu/comments/269tfp/a_list_of_anime_movies_tv_episodes_and_more_that/
    I've been playing my 3DS a lot more lately than my Wii U, despite having several great games unfinished on it.
    Maybe it's on that list though.
    Corholio wrote: »
    Amazon Italy have Xenoblade X for Wii U release date as June 26th. Doesn't seem like a placeholder date either.

Would be impressive to have it that soon after Japan, compared to in the past.

My bet is on the classic "It's Nintendo so we're so confused".
    They probably mean Xenoblade on New 3DS.

Corholio wrote: »
    This could be interesting. It's a teaser for a fan short movie of the final battle between Link and Ganondorf at the end of Ocarina of Time. It's been worked on for the past 2 years.

cool i love see tthe movie but tthe have his color his wrong for time period is blonde in ocarina of time not brown but is brown in 80s maybe going for look, the last battle mmmmmmmmmmmmm mirror shield, wheres that 2

smokingman wrote: »
    So, spent two hours trying that last night...not a dilly...grrrr

Just got it! 9,999,999 rupees!!!

Star Lord wrote: »

Photo attached! :D

bitcoin-gone.jpg

I'm struggling...
    Is it possible to buy games from the Wii U shop online, in Europe?

I couldn't figure it out last night, and I want to buy Tengami before it goes back up in price on the 12th.
    My Wii U is in storage, and I can't seem to log in to the Nintendo eShop
    I thought I may have tried wrong password (although, I doubt it), so I have tried to reset itm but no 'password reset email' arrives.
    I'm not in any panic, but just wondering am I doing something wrong, or is anyone else having similar issues.

I'm struggling...
    Is it possible to buy games from the Wii U shop online, in Europe?

I couldn't figure it out last night, and I want to buy Tengami before it goes back up in price on the 12th.
    My Wii U is in storage, and I can't seem to log in to the Nintendo eShop
    I thought I may have tried wrong password (although, I doubt it), so I have tried to reset itm but no 'password reset email' arrives.
    I'm not in any panic, but just wondering am I doing something wrong, or is anyone else having similar issues.

You can't buy them from the website just yet, has to be from the console.

Got it again, technique nailed!

You can't buy them from the website just yet, has to be from the console.

AAaaahhhhhh.... Thanks. That explains it.

I thought I was going nuts. They can in the U.S. though, right?
    I think I read something somewhere.

That's a shame, I don't know how much longer mine will be in storage, and I've missed a few possible buys already. My €5 eshop expires soon too. 31st I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Jammy git! Did it take you long? What level was it?

Advertisement