Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Took a while, but then got it twice! Second row one with the two Gohmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

Star Lord wrote: »
    Took a while, but then got it twice! Second row one with the two Gohmas.

I'm guessing you have a few characters over 100 now yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

smokingman wrote: »
    I'm guessing you have a few characters over 100 now yeah?

We weren't playing on my profile much so my highest was 92, but I've now 7 characters at 92! Got the glitch 3 times on mine. Got it once on Peach's profile now too, so she has 3 lv 104 characters now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,018 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Good news. Available this Thursday on the eShop.

Metroid: Zero Mission €6.99

In this acclaimed retelling of the original Metroid adventure, step into the boots of bounty hunter Samus Aran as she infiltrates planet Zebes for the first time, to take down the Space Pirates and Mother Brain… but this is not the Zebes that you might remember! Metroid: Zero Mission features completely redesigned environments, based on the original maze-like levels, but enhanced with new features like Morph Ball launchers and zip lines; and it’s crawling with vicious new enemies and bosses. Plus – once you’ve defeated Mother Brain, the mission is far from over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

sligeach wrote: »
    Good news. Available this Thursday on the eShop.

Metroid: Zero Mission €6.99

Balls. I hope I can get my Wii U out soon.

Trine - Out of curiosity, how is that pronounced?
    I've been pronouncing it 'Treen' but recently heard somebody calling it TrYne on a video...

And the Danish name is pronounced like an inner-city dublin Triona - http://www.forvo.com/word/trine/ :)

- Edit - I didn't realise you could also click on the map. They all pronounce it Trina/Triona/Treeneh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

In Trine 2 it rhymed with Wine.
    But they might be messing with punters who didn't pick up part 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

So where does this Enchanted Edition fall in relation to the other games? Is this essentially Trine 1?

I enjoyed Trine 2 Directors Cut. Visually, an absolutely stunning game. Probably the best on the Wii U that I have seen so far. The puzzles became quite similar after a while though and at times I simply hopped, skipped and glitched my way through without any real finesse. Great narrator too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

Pac1Man wrote: »
    So where does this Enchanted Edition fall in relation to the other games? Is this essentially Trine 1?

I enjoyed Trine 2 Directors Cut. Visually, an absolutely stunning game. Probably the best on the Wii U that I have seen so far. The puzzles became quite similar after a while though and at times I simply hopped, skipped and glitched my way through without any real finesse. Great narrator too.

My assumption is that it's trine 1 in trine 2's updated engine or whatever.

I always pronounced it try-ne.

Pac1Man wrote: »

"Trine Enchanted Edition is a new version of the original Trine, remade using the Trine 2 engine. It includes 15 challenging and carefully designed levels, each with a distinctly unique atmosphere and visual style, and also brings the long desired online gameplay with up to three players."

http://www.frozenbyte.com/games/trine-enchanted-edition

Trine sounds dine, fine, line, mine, pine, wine.

Straight from the horses mouth of how it's pronounced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAXAl_-jYsA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I feel like I'm the only one who can't get into Kirby no matter how hard I try.

Sure it uses the gamepad well, but I want to look at the pretty graphics, not the pad the whole time. It really should be a 3ds game. So I'll be giving this a miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,263 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So "Curse" wasn't allowed in Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Mite receive my ssb cd today ,
    soon I mewtwo download codes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sure it uses the gamepad well, but I want to look at the pretty graphics, not the pad the whole time. It really should be a 3ds game. So I'll be giving this a miss.

It's not a regular kirby game.... :)

I'm not a fan of this either. Seems like such a waste of having great graphics if you can't look at the TV. This was better suited for the 3DS and I'd have preferred a regular Kirby's Adventure type game for the Wii U. The game is also very short.

Do not listen to the Smash Bros CD while driving. The urge to ram Audis during Mute City is damn near irresistable, you keep thinking "oooh, what's that from" and looking for the booklet instead of out the windscreen, and the track selection on Red will drive you mad (Gerudo and Spirit Tracks but no Hyrule Field/Main Theme???)

Loving it so far. Brinstar breaking down into the meeeh meeee meeh meee meeeeeh save noise followed by the sinister Prime beeps... awesome. And the guitar solo at the end of the Mario Bros ground/cave theme medley :D
    They only give you one loop of each track though, and for some of them it's just not enough.

Edit : Rocked up Kapp'n shanty! It doesn't loop enough times to sing all the versus you might remember but hell yes it's fun. When I was young.... I called my sweetheart to talllllk...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Can't wait for this new Kirby game, looks stunning.
    And I think there is ample local multiplayer shenanigans with Waddledees as well, via non gamepad controllers, so you'll be able to focus on the big screen.
    Just need to watch for the best deal now, b&m or online...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

That's weird given how often Kirby games shake up their gameplay and visual style pretty much every game.

receive my ssb cd today ,
    soon I mewtwo download codes

• Advertisement

New Super Luigi U, worth €39?
    I've seen it increasing in price, but I've heard it's a tiny game..

Same size as New Super Mario Bros U (same overworld), but the levels are pretty different (usually shorter) and there is a 100 second time limit on every level (so you need to play it quicker!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Allyall wrote: »
    New Super Luigi U, worth €39?
    I've seen it increasing in price, but I've heard it's a tiny game..

Get this instead,
    It's got both games on it.
    And, it's probably going to be worth a few bob in years to come as it was only available as a pack in.

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=045496332174#.VQDgA8seJnE

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Get this instead,
    It's got both games on it.
    And, it's probably going to be worth a few bob in years to come as it was only available as a pack in.

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=045496332174#.VQDgA8seJnE

Aaaaagghh. :rolleyes::pac:

I have NSMBU already....
    But it's sealed, as I bought it at Christmas (£10 on Amazon), and only arrived last week. I haven't been able to touch it.
    I would have preferred them both in different cases..

Are both games on one disc? That may be handy too... I could sell one if I got the NSLWU version.

It doesn't matter........................
    I just bought the version above. :)

I think my April is gone. I can't wait until I get my Wii U back in action (And my new 'area' :p:p)

Awesome I found classic mode in wiiu ssb
    I thought it only exist on 3ds version , I know they
    Identical except for 8 man smash ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'd recommended getting all 3 versions,just to have them like.

Can anyone confirm that the NSMBU and NSLBU combo disk has both games on disk, not a DLC code for NSLBU? Wouldn't be much fun picking that up second hand and finding that you're paying 10-15 quid for a little bar on the front cover with a pic of Luigi on it.

The combo disk I got with my Wii U has both on it. You switch between them from the title screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Dont know if it was mentioned or not, splatoon release date announced for May. Not long now :)

Edit: also maybe Splatoon amiibos

• Advertisement

Dont know if it was mentioned or not, splatoon release date announced for May. Not long now :)

So much Want!

Advertisement