Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Mario party 10 , mario vs donkey kong wiiu and 3ds all march 20th

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    Awesome I found classic mode in wiiu ssb
    I thought it only exist on 3ds version , I know they
    Identical except for 8 man smash ,

I love the mystery element to the Smash Bros menus. You can have the game for ages and still stumble across new stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,677 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Dont know if it was mentioned or not, splatoon release date announced for May. Not long now :)

Edit: also maybe Splatoon amiibos

Funny you mention that today because a rumour just popped up that it may be delayed in Europe until July 2-7.

Rumor: Splatoon to possibly be delayed in Europe?
    Screen-shot-2015-03-12-at-5.51.54-AM.png
    There is a screenshot of what appears to be an email from Amazon Italy that states that there has been a delay to the release of Splatoon for Europe. The email goes on to say that the game has been delayed in Europe until July and would ship around July 2 – 7.

The email was posted on a European site that focuses on Nintendo related news and games. At this time there is no confirmation on whether or not this rumor has any credence but stay tuned as we will update as more information becomes available.

http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-splatoon-to-possibly-be-delayed-in-europe/

The site was so slow to edit just there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Feck, well, give me time to save up, seeing as I will have a ton of Nintendo and other gaming related spending in the next month or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Balls to that, i went looking for splatoon news this morning and got excited when i seen the may release and the amiibo.
    I hope that rumour is just amazon.it being amazon and fudging up the release day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

It's interesting that EA are still making new FIFA games for the Wii but not the Wii U.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's interesting that EA are still making new FIFA games for the Wii but not the Wii U.

I think you'll find they are "legacy editions" meaning they are simply Fifa 13 with updated team rosters and strips.

Capcom have a survey asking if you would like to see the game on another platform.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MH4U

Make your voice heard and get this on the Wii U.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I think you'll find they are "legacy editions" meaning they are simply Fifa 13 with updated team rosters and strips.

Still it's interesting why don't they do the same for the wii u version! I've wAtched my little lad play the latest FIFA on ps4 and the graphics are brilliant.

• Advertisement

So it's exactly like the regular FIFA 15 then? ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

sligeach wrote: »
    Capcom have a survey asking if you would like to see the game on another platform.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MH4U

Make your voice heard and get this on the Wii U.

Done. Would love if they brought out a Wii-U version alright, long as you can easily transfer your save game. Really enjoying this game so far, got my first armour set, Tetsucabra, which I'm chuffed at (still a noob though ofc :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Don't know how I missed this news this week...

'Playtonic Games' are 4 ex-Rare devs who are developing a new 3D platform game for the PC (initially) temporarily titled 'Project Ukulele'. Also excitingly 3 musical composers from the Rare days are also on board. It's being billed as a spiritual successor to Banjo Kazooie. The PC version is the only one guaranteed at this stage but Playtonic have said that because of the deep connection to Nintendo that '499 out of every 500' emails they have received are ones asking for a Wii U version to be made, they have also talked about wanting to create Amiibo's for the characters in the game, which are all completely original. They are also planning a Kickstarter to help the project along.

Some early screenshots of 'Project Ukulele'....

project-ukelele-wii-u.jpg

project-ukelele-wii-u-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

That's pretty, even if it's only a WIP.

Also nice to see a developer actually paying attention to peoples requests (demands and whinging and shouting) about the WiiU.

splatoon pre orders on hot uk deals gameseek have it for delivery 27 pound to ireland which google says is 38 euro. no release date on the page tho.

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/videogames0t91cpr51s/nintendowiiu-splatoon

I'm wondering why when Rare is mentioned it's Banjo Kazooie they've been mentioning.
    Tbh it became a big fecking collect'em up quickly.
    The sequel was worse and don't get me started about DK64.
    No, when Rare is mentioned I'd rather remember the brilliance of Blastcorps, Jetpac and something I had a lot of fun with, Jet Force Gemini.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

And Battletoads!

Deano7788 wrote: »
    And Battletoads!

And RC Pro am!
    That's amazing on the NES and Gameboy, lots of Amiga-ness there, feels a bit like Super Skid marks, possibly to do with the close European family of developers.

bring Banjo Kazooie back to nintendo where it belongs microsoft dont deserve it

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    bring Banjo Kazooie back to nintendo where it belongs microsoft dont deserve it

I'd rather never see an anthropomorphic animal with googly eyes ever again, thank you very much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,149 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'd rather never see an anthropomorphic animal with googly eyes every again, thank you very much!

Sonic and friends and Yoshi are disappointed in you. :pac:

Also the masterpiece that was goldeneye 007, so much fun in multi player!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Looks like Mario Party 10 has turned out to be a total crock of $h!te
    No surprises there, my Kingdom for a remastering of MP2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Just got Super Smash Bros. See yiz in 6 months :D

free chance tto get a game but only if have wii u , when you buy mario vs donkey for 3ds from eshop you get wii u version complete free, but half price mark for from eshop could temporay i dont know

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Tipping Stars wasn't reviewing well when I last checked, and a core social mechanic was completely broken. Two versions of a bad game for the price of one may be an exercise in sales figure massage rather than a bargain

It's really annoying and sad that there's hardly any releases for Wii U and the biggest release will be Splatoon and that's not until May, could be July if rumours are true. That Gameseek pre order price is good but we know very little about the game yet. We've seen very little of the single player, online details, if this doesn't have in game voice chat I'm probably not buying it. But ya the 3 games coming out before then have reviewed poorly/average.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/mario-vs-donkey-kong-tipping-stars 69%

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/mario-party-10 67%

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/kirby-and-the-rainbow-curse 76%

There really isn't anything great until Xenoblade X and Zelda arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,557 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

sligeach wrote: »
    It's really annoying and sad that there's hardly any releases for Wii U and the biggest release will be Splatoon and that's not until May, could be July if rumours are true. That Gameseek pre order price is good but we know very little about the game yet. We've seen very little of the single player, online details, if this doesn't have in game voice chat I'm probably not buying it. But ya the 3 games coming out before then have reviewed poorly/average.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/mario-vs-donkey-kong-tipping-stars 69%

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/mario-party-10 67%

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/kirby-and-the-rainbow-curse 76%

There really isn't anything great until Xenoblade X and Zelda arrive.

76%, that's a first class honours. It's certainly not average.

• Going to finally get time to play either Bayonetta 2 or ZombiU this weekend.

Which to paly first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Going to finally get time to play either Bayonetta 2 or ZombiU this weekend.

Which to paly first?

Tough choice. Either way you'll be a sweaty mess.

Advertisement