Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Depends what time you start. Playing Zombi U 2nd, then having to go outside in the dark or go to bed alone.... not a good idea. That said, if you play Bayonetta 1st, it's such a shift of pace when you move to Zombi U that you might find it a little boring. Still, it's a great dilemma to be stuck with :D

Edit : Wait, that's not a Dilemma, that's 2 votes for Zombi U first, Bayonetta 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,677 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    76%, that's a first class honours. It's certainly not average.

When it comes to video games that's not a great score. The game has problems too, it's short and you have to play the game on the gamepad so the graphics are wasted on the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Idk, I have so many games waiting to be played on the WiiU and ps4 I think I can wait for XenoX and Zelda by xmas.

Not really interested in Splatoon atm but I may pick it up to add to the backlog when it's released.

Playing RER2 on ps4 at the moment, would have loved it on the WiiU but sure what can ya do.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

Finally got around to ordering Bayonetta 2 today! Easter weekend is sorted for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

:mad:

Stuck on Ludwigs castle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Idk, I have so many games waiting to be played on the WiiU and ps4 I think I can wait for XenoX and Zelda by xmas.

Not really interested in Splatoon atm but I may pick it up to add to the backlog when it's released.

Playing RER2 on ps4 at the moment, would have loved it on the WiiU but sure what can ya do.

Would it be worth taking a rare break from Nintendo and getting Revelations 2 on 360?

I'm trying not to be annoyed it's not on WiiU, but it bothers me immensely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I'm trying not to be annoyed it's not on WiiU, but it bothers me immensely.

:D Ditto.

I presume you have No.1 on the Wii U like myself? Having No.2 in a different branded box, stored halfway across the room within another collection would be too much for my OCD to take!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

when ive bought and download mario vs dk 3ds from eshop, for €20, im didn't suspect that Receipt from eshop have dowwnload codes wiiu version, i use ds/wii nintendo card as form of currrency
    and just works as form of currrency for 3ds and new 3ds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Pac1Man wrote: »
    :D Ditto.

I presume you have No.1 on the Wii U like myself? Having No.2 in a different branded box, stored halfway across the room within another collection would be too much for my OCD to take!

Yep.

1 & 2 on different consoles? I'm sorry, did you say DIFFERENT CONSOLES?

Tell me that again? Doesn't make sense.

(Plus wandering dangerously into fanboy territory, but I prefer my WiiU, and I prefer building that collection)

plus amiibos from mario party games work just same as amiibo as for ssb, mario kart 8, captain toad, etc., not just my words if you watch last nintendo direct Mr Shibata these are his words too

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

But you can't use your amiibo for both SSB and Party, can you? I thought there was only enough room to store data for one game?

BTW are you saying you cashed in a Wii points card for eshop credit? That's not supposed to work but good luck t'ya if it did! If you ever see a 3000 pts card in tesco, scan it. I've seen them ticketed @ €5 on the shelf but never seen the actual card in stock. If you neglected to get your WiiU download code from your receipt at point of sale dont worry - you can view your receipts from your eshop account page at any time.

i discovered something new for hyrules amiibos unlock new weapons all you play with so you aleast try using all amiibos u have to unlock all weapons everyday, and each amiibo gives different weapon to unlock

for captain toad amiibos from mario party or ssb give u 1ups mushrooms every ttime you play

watch last nintendo direct dude why would Mr Shibata lie to us

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Yep.

1 & 2 on different consoles? I'm sorry, did you say DIFFERENT CONSOLES?

Tell me that again? Doesn't make sense.

(Plus wandering dangerously into fanboy territory, but I prefer my WiiU, and I prefer building that collection)

Some of us collect for more than just WiiU, more than just Nintendo, quite a few in my case.
    And you just can't get Re:R2 for the WiiU, if you wanted symmetry you'd have to avoid the Nintendo copies of the game completely and buy it and it's prequel both on the PS3 or 360 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm currently on World 7 of Super Mario 3D World. I knew it was going to be good and was one of the main reasons I bought a WiiU. I didn't expect it to be such a phenomenaly good game.

Easily the best 3D Mario title and depending on how good the rest of the game is it could end up rivalling Mario World as the best in the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Another Splatoon preview - 3/4 hours of playtime.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/133298-splatoon-in-depth-preview-by-jove-nintendo-you-ve-only-gone-and-done-it-again

"Three to four hours of preview time is a lot these days, especially around two months before the finished game is due for release, but even that seemed woefully short. Not because we need more time to explore more of the game, but because Splatoon was one of the most accessible, funny and downright fun multiplayer experiences we've had since we first discovered the Mario Kart battle stages on the SNES.

If this early build is anything to go by, Nintendo has done it again. Ink-redible!"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I can't wait for it.
    Out of Curiosity, has anyone used Gameseek for pre-ordering before?
    Do they arrive on release day?

Also, a possible new game announcement coming soon?

and
    2nd part of Satoru Iwata's interview with Time if anyone was reading it.

(1st part here)

Allyall wrote: »
    I can't wait for it.

and

(1st part here)
    possible but gameseek more like a second hand store, have something new there is very unlikely and same goes for play.com

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Splatoon looks like its going to be brilliant, and proof positive, as if it was needed, that Nintendo can indeed do superb new IP as well.
    I'll be interested to see if their online service can take the strain if this turns out to be a big success, as in BIG success.
    Other arena shooters seem to be PC or nowt, but this being a console exclusive and possibly very very good, on a console whose cost is that which most serious gamers will pay for a mouse and keyboard, it could be that Nintendo have captured lightning in a bottle.
    What would it take to make it a game to turn the heads of the pro leagues, or at least the person that takes these kinds of games very seriously indeed?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    possible but gameseek more like a second hand store, have something new there is very unlikely and same goes for play.com

Thanks.
    Has anyone seen a decent priced copy that should arrive here on release day?
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Splatoon looks like its going to be brilliant, and proof positive, as if it was needed, that Nintendo can indeed do superb new IP as well.
    I'll be interested to see if their online service can take the strain if this turns out to be a big success, as in BIG success.
    Other arena shooters seem to be PC or nowt, but this being a console exclusive and possibly very very good, on a console whose cost is that which most serious gamers will pay for a mouse and keyboard, it could be that Nintendo have captured lightning in a bottle.
    What would it take to make it a game to turn the heads of the pro leagues, or at least the person that takes these kinds of games very seriously indeed?
    It's something completely new, and (seems that it) has everyone excited about it.
    I've been reading review after review after review :o and watching videos...
    I'm not usually one for reviews, No reason, but this makes great reading as nothing is similar to it.
    Loving everything I'm seeing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Allyall wrote: »
    I can't wait for it.

and

(1st part here)

That new game is rumoured to be a new Dragon Quest game. Articles in Asia are guessing that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Did anyone get on to club nintendo catalogue to see the games they have listed? I got on once but I presume it's very busy after the email was sent earlier.
    Anyway ive 1250 points left and any game I want is 1300 points!
    Decent selection on it in fairness pity they didn't do it years ago.

Splatoon is only for wiiu only isnt for any other platforms

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    Splatoon is only for wiiu only isnt for any other platforms

We know

• Registered Users Posts: 29,145 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

FYI

http://zelda-symphony.com/schedule

Dublin on Nov 22nd

if i can afford go to CCD its very expensive theatre

You can now swap Stars for games download codes in the Stars Catalogue! Club Nintendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭coffee to go

iamtony wrote: »
    Did anyone get on to club nintendo catalogue to see the games they have listed? I got on once but I presume it's very busy after the email was sent earlier.
    Anyway ive 1250 points left and any game I want is 1300 points!
    Decent selection on it in fairness pity they didn't do it years ago.

As recommended earlier in the thread, try and download something free from the eshop like pokemon shuffle or tank tank tank and fill in the survey for 50 stars. Hopefully that gets you over the line!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,677 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I'm not buying Splatoon after it was confirmed yesterday that there's no voice chat. In this day and age it's not on anymore. I gave them a pass on Smash Bros. Wii U and MK8 but not anymore.

Separate topic but why is it so horrendous viewing this site on the Wii U? It's so slow and keep getting script loading messages.

Advertisement