Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Allyall wrote: »

So there's no local multiplayer that sucks! I'll still buy it but it will definitely bring my personal review score to below 8.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Thanks for the link. No local multiplayer (would've been perfect for this game imo) and no local co-op for the story mode is non-purchase for me - would've been cool to play it with the kids. At least Yoshi's Woolly World has co-op even if it's just two players.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

It is possible that there is currently no local multiplayer.
    It's not confirmed that's the finished game. Still nearly 2 months before release date :(.

TBH, I don't care. Local multiplayer would be amazing, but I think it still looks great.

I think sometimes nintendo trip over themselves.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

They made that mistake with Tank!Tank!Tank!
    You would have imagined they might have learned then the console thrives on local and online multiplayer, that is a disappointment, and will limit its sales potential, unless it's a feature simply not seen in the preview build, although it's a bit too close to release to have such a major part of a game yet to be included.
    I'll wait for the upcoming copy of Edge and see what their feature on it has to say.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

It is possible that there is currently no local multiplayer.
    It's not confirmed that's the finished game. Still nearly 2 months before release date :(.

TBH, I don't care. Local multiplayer would be amazing, but I think it still looks great.

I think sometimes nintendo trip over themselves.

I wouldn't have thought local multiplayer is something that could be easily patched into a game especially if it only supports the gamepad, but sure I'll wait and see. If it does come with it or local co-op even (as the chap in the video said the story mode is pretty big) then I'll defo get it as the game looks really nice.

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I wouldn't have thought local multiplayer is something that could be easily patched into a game especially if it only supports the gamepad, but sure I'll wait and see. If it does come with it or local co-op even (as the chap in the video said the story mode is pretty big) then I'll defo get it as the game looks really nice.

I'm clutching at straws... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

While we're clutching... remember about a year and a half / two years ago when they talked about how supporting 2 Gamepads was possible, that they were working on it and there was speculation that Bayonetta 2 was going to be the first game to implement it... maybe they thought they'd save that incredible feature for something a little closer to home? Which would be hilarious since the inevitable Game + Gamepad + Amiibo bundle will cost more than the f'ing console, but if you're going to dream, dream big. Big n' stupid.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Splatoon has, or rather maybe had, a local multi player one on one mode, with one player on the gamepad and the other on a pro pad or similar.

http://gamerant.com/splatoon-single-player-splitscreen-multiplayer-details/

At least that's what the above 9 month old article suggests.

Perhaps its just there and not been tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

They focus on things that weren't already known at media events like these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    This reminded me to check for a London, looked and remembered I had dismissed it, Wembley Arena? Would ya ever feck off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Irish Halo wrote: »
    This reminded me to check for a London, looked and remembered I had dismissed it, Wembley Arena? Would ya ever feck off.

What's wrong with the Arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

awesome my party amiibo works for ssb gamestop said it wont work for other games besides mario party i just prove them wrong, and Satoru Shibata said last nintendo direct you can use party amiibos other games besides mario party that accept amiibos and ive just created my mario fp from mario party amiibo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Pac1Man wrote: »
    What's wrong with the Arena?

If you don't know the difference between Stadium and Arena, and only find out after making the approach from the tube, marvelling at the behemoth towering above you, when you duck through the door and find yourself in a dark box of a room that could be any other arena in any other city, its a disappointment. Otherwise its grand as long as, say, a bunch of Portuguese fans don't skip the line and the erect massive banners that block your view of Pearl Jam. Just as an example, like.

@Wampy, what happens if you try to use you SSB-formatted Amiibo on Party? Overwrite? Error? Limited functionality?

Banjo wrote: »
    If you don't know the difference between Stadium and Arena, and only find out after making the approach from the tube, marvelling at the behemoth towering above you, when you duck through the door and find yourself in a dark box of a room that could be any other arena in any other city, its a disappointment. Otherwise its grand as long as, say, a bunch of Portuguese fans don't skip the line and the erect massive banners that block your view of Pearl Jam. Just as an example, like.

@Wampy, what happens if you try to use you SSB-formatted Amiibo on Party? Overwrite? Error? Limited functionality?

i can still use my link amiibo on ssb

and ive unlock mario skin for mii from mario Party amiibo

awesome ive got all gold trophy in mario kart 8 on mirror mode

• Registered Users Posts: 29,145 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The Mario Party Amiibo are just the SSB Amiibo in different poses so the insides are the same. At least think I heard or read that somewhere. Think Toad is the only non Smash Amiibo there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

On Amazon it's £57.74 for the Gamecube Controller adaptor and Gamecube controller. Is that about the going rate or does anyone know of anywhere cheaper? Any help greatly appreciated.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    On Amazon it's £57.74 for the Gamecube Controller adaptor and Gamecube controller. Is that about the going rate or does anyone know of anywhere cheaper? Any help greatly appreciated.

its sounds awesome its shame that Gamecube Controller adaptor works for ssb not other games with multiplayer mode

I think you can get both delivered from Amazon France for ~ €63.

I think the Black GC Controller and the red Hori Mario are currently €20 each there.

EDIT

Gamecube Adapter - €29.99

Hori Luigi Controller - €16.96

Shipping = €12.28
    Total = €59.65 Delivered

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    its sounds awesome its shame that Gamecube Controller adaptor works for ssb not other games with multiplayer mode

Its a great shame alright, I imagine all it would take is a quick patch and MK8, NSMBU and SM3DL would all work a treat with GC controllers, given they all have 4 player modes.

I think you can get both delivered from Amazon France for ~ €63.

I think the Black GC Controller and the red Hori Mario are currently €20 each there.

EDIT

Gamecube Adapter - €29.99

Hori Luigi Controller - €16.96

Shipping = €12.28
    Total = €59.65 Delivered

Hori Luigi Controller - €16.96 you dont need a gamecube adapter to work that controller you insert plug into wii remote / wii remote + just like classic controller or classic controller pro

plus im watching a full movie on youtube app on wiiu

• Advertisement

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    Hori Luigi Controller - €16.96 you dont need a gamecube adapter to work that controller you insert plug into wii remote / wii remote + just like classic controller or classic controller pro

Cool, didn't realise that.
    Thankin' you many times sir. :)

So the Gamecube adapter isn't neccesary at all? Other than to use the actual Gamecube controller from your old Gamecube?

Cool, didn't realise that.
    Thankin' you many times sir. :)

So the Gamecube adapter isn't neccesary at all? Other than to use the actual Gamecube controller from your old Gamecube?

yes and smash Gamecube controller

ive Hori nintendo Luigi Controller my self and i bought it from gamestop €29.99

welcome

Cool. I do remember vaguely hearing something a while back, but obviously wasn't paying too much attention.

Would explain why they don't show the connection on the Hori controllers like they do on the
    Orginal and SSB version

well ive just surf the web and saw Hori controllers box and it has pic of plug insert into wii remote in the corner of the box, you can guess its insert into wii remote just like classic controller or classic controller pro

well ive nintendo brand one of luigi controller and its does same job which i got €30 in gamesttop

the funny thing is it says its a Gamecube adapter buy why lol why wont accept my nintendo wavebird

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

awwwwwww feck i was really hopin for a new zelda this year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

It'll be interesting to see what they do without it this year because there isn't really any other big system selling titles left in 2015 (ala Kario Kart and Smash last year) without it. Maybe they'll have something yet unannounced at E3. It's also interesting that they've given up on 2015 so early into the year, makes you wonder how far into 2016 it'll slip.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think it could end up being like Twilight Princess and straddle Nintendo's old and new consoles - coming out on the Wii U and whatever they're working on at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It's sort of expected really. Was never convinced about the way they had it as 2015. Considering we have seen almost zero gameplay, it's not that much of a shock.

The 'new possibilities' they mentioned in the statement should be interesting. Nintendo always do their most amazing work while projects are already in progress. To be honest the fact they have come out now and released an actual statement about it clears it up before the usual delay rumours hurt them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,145 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And not even going to be at E3.

Would've liked to get it this year, but it's not like I have a lack of games to play. Better they finish the game than rush to meet a deadline.

Advertisement