Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And not even going to be at E3.

Would've liked to get it this year, but it's not like I have a lack of games to play. Better they finish the game than rush to meet a deadline.

Yeah I still haven't finished Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, ALttP, ALBW, Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess. They delay is probably doing me a favour.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,145 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And then there's every other unplayed game on every platform I own.

I remember when I got the Wii U, I said to myself I'll play the games as I bought them so there wouldn't be any unplayed games. Think that lasted til game number 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Not showing it at all at E3 is an interesting decision. Hopefully they'll have something to fill that big void.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

when new zelda is ever out it will be its 30th anniversary, just like skyward swords was 25th anniversary

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

As I have watched our development progress, I have come to think that rather than work with meeting a specific schedule as our main objective, and releasing a game that reflects only what we can create within that scheduled time, I feel strongly that our focus should be to bring all these ideas to life in a way that will make TLoZ on Wii U the best game it can possibly be.
    280.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Still want it though.
    But I too have a long list if unfinished Zelda titles to work through.
    I just would have liked to have added another one to the list before end of 2015 :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Crap news for sure about Zelda but it sounds like we'll end up with a much better game for it, so fair enough. They'll probably ramp up more Wii titles for download or give us Gamecube VC of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

To be honest, the game, from the few videos I've seen, didn't look finished, in that it looked like a tech demo, not a game. I can't say the delay surprised me much, but as a recent (re)purchaser of a Wii U, I do have a backlog to get through!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

December was miles away anyway. :P

Rumours about the 'big game' announcement next month, is that it may also be Starfox.. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

chrislad wrote: »
    To be honest, the game, from the few videos I've seen, didn't look finished, in that it looked like a tech demo, not a game. I can't say the delay surprised me much, but as a recent (re)purchaser of a Wii U, I do have a backlog to get through!

It wasn't finished, it was very early code, and we saw feck all of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Allyall wrote: »
    December was miles away anyway. :P

Rumours about the 'big game' announcement next month, is that it may also be Starfox.. :)

Starfox has already been announced though, so I presume any 'big' announcement would be something as yet not unveiled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

StarFox was announced as coming out before December anyways so fingers crossed it's a big reveal of it...online 12 player dogfights included!
    ....or maybe 10 player co-op on one of those "4th of July" giant saucer dogfight levels....<drools>

• Registered Users Posts: 17,677 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I'd be worried about what Starfox is like. We've seen no footage of it, it had no developer at E3 and it got its release date announced during the same Zelda presentation with Miyamoto and Aonuma. Will it be all it can be in a year and a half?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Think it could end up being like Twilight Princess and straddle Nintendo's old and new consoles - coming out on the Wii U and whatever they're working on at the moment.

I don't really see that happening. The Wii U launched in 2012, I doubt they're rushing to replace it at this point. I'd say it will be a mid-2017 release at the absolute latest and new console probably won't be launched until at least winter 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

sligeach wrote: »
    I'd be worried about what Starfox is like. We've seen no footage of it, it had no developer at E3 and it got its release date announced during the same Zelda presentation with Miyamoto and Aonuma. Will it be all it can be in a year and a half?

I don't think it would have just a year and a half of dev time, it's more likely that it's been messed around with for a while to figure out what kind of game it's going to be. I doubt they would want to release a Lylat-Wars type game and sell it at full price these days, but they probably don't want to go the Starfox Adventures route either so it's a bit of a tough one to crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Starfox Citizen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

not to mention Miyamoto was still looking for developers for the star fox game.

My bet is on 3 "star fox" games.
    1 focusing on the arwings/fight
    1 on defending a base with gamepad bs
    1 on building a robot?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/star-fox-wii-u-release-date-will-game-have-shaped-e3-2015-427433
    And this year Nintendo is really taking that motivation to heart: Star Fox Wii U is going to be playable at E3, according to IGN. Playable on the floor, for anyone who attends. And then it’s going to come out later this year, probably in the fall. The move is a big upping of the ante on Ninty’s part; the company knew the game was more of a tech demo last time around. How far along could it have come in a year?

Zelda Wii U was meant to be playable at this years E3. Now, it's a complete no show, not even in a video. The reasoning given is complete BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

As longs as they don't pull it completely for the Wiiu and move it to the nx or gx or whatever it's called. It was nine tenths of the reason why I bought a wii u this year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Zelda Wii U was meant to be playable at this years E3. Now, it's a complete no show, not even in a video. The reasoning given is complete BS.

How is it BS or what do you think is the real reason for the delay? Them finding out during development that they can make the game better even if it means delays, is perfectly plausible to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Andrew76 wrote: »
    How is it BS or what do you think is the real reason for the delay? Them finding out during development that they can make the game better even if it means delays, is perfectly plausible to me.

The Lizard people!....gotta be them!

smokingman wrote: »

I thought it was the doing of the little noxious goblins myself....

But, it's not unprecedented, for Nintendo to delay a game and we will be the better for it.
    Imagine if, instead of releasing Drive Club when they did, Sony had waited an extra 6 months and actually finished the game.
    The resulting racing title would have heralded as one of the best, the spiritual successor to MSR and Gotham Street Racer and made a pile of lovely cash, also becoming one of the first must have exclusive games on the PS4. Instead it was ghastly, unfinished and disappointing. 6 months after launch and the game is superb, but too many would be purchasers had already given up on the game. It is brilliant now BTW.

So, I'd rather not have that fate for the new LoZ title on the WiiU.
    I have no doubt its still coming to the WiiU though it would not surprise me to see a version being prepped for the NX as well.
    I would hope that the next 9 months of the year have enough WiiU releases to keep the machine relevant, last year was simply amazing and I'm not sure 2015 will have the release schedule momentum to match it.
    Splatoon may be great but its a new IP and that's a challenge, especially if the lack of a local multiplayer option is true.
    Starfox may not have the sort of brand attraction it once had either, with the last release of an original game, on the DS, Starfox Command hardly setting the world alight.
    So many of Nintendo's standards have already been updated, with no sign of Metroid or FZero on the home console, though rumours persist on the former.
    Even the Mario level building title Mario Maker, while it makes me drool with anticipation I don't think the non WiiU owner will be spurred to invest upon its release.

I don't know.
    Its all a little bit depressing tbh.

The NX announcement really has undermined the WiiU, no two ways about it.
    And I don't see why they'd even mention it if it wasn't a closer prospect than we think.
    A showing during 2015 with a late 2016 release, in order to capture the current wave of development on the other concurrent games consoles perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    And I don't see why they'd even mention it if it wasn't a closer prospect than we think.

Because they had just announced that they were bringing games to mobile. If they hadn't, then we would be swamped by rumours about Nintendo no longer being a console manufacturer, and their share values would probably plummet.

smokingman wrote: »

He knows. :p

goblins dont you mean moblins that are goblins are in zelda

i cant play zelda in 2016 and besides it doing me a favour i dont have spend money on games until 2016 for mario maker and zelda u, plus give me time to finish hyrule warriors, skyward sword and wind waker

other tthiing lizard people are called in zelda are Dinalfos or Dynalfos or Lizalfos or Aeralfos

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    goblins dont you mean moblins that are goblins are in zelda

i cant play zelda in 2016 and besides it doing me a favour i dont have spend money on games until 2016 for mario maker and zelda u, plus give me time to finish hyrule warriors, skyward sword and wind waker

other tthiing lizard people are called in zelda are Dinalfos or Dynalfos or Lizalfos or Aeralfos

Dude, you have a one tracked mind, but a spirited one at that. Oh Christ, I'm doing it now...

i cant watch next nintendo Atari, Namco movie aka pixels this summer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I wouldn't be too upset with the current state of the Wii U. If the last 12 months didn't make people invest then when will they? It's not going to happen at this stage. Given the current library and the upcoming releases, I am very happy with my investment.

It has the makings of a future classic for sure as the quality of the games will always transcend the hardware. I'm content knowing I can be that shady character sitting in the darkened corner of the bar while people whisper "he was a Wii U owner", the same way I enviously refer to Dreamcast owners!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I wouldn't be too upset with the current state of the Wii U. If the last 12 months didn't make people invest then when will they? It's not going to happen at this stage. Given the current library and the upcoming releases, I am very happy with my investment.

It has the makings of a future classic for sure as the quality of the games will always transcend the hardware. I'm content knowing I can be that shady character sitting in the darkened corner of the bar while people whisper "he was a Wii U owner", the same way I enviously refer to Dreamcast owners!

When a decent RPG or adventure game comes out.

spoilers: xenobrado x and zeldo u.

Advertisement