Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Did they gives dates for the second dlc & 200cc on MK8?

Playing MK Wii again while waiting for it. It really isn't a patch on MK8.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Did they gives dates for the second dlc & 200cc on MK8?

Playing MK Wii again while waiting for it. It really isn't a patch on MK8.

April 23rd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

gubbie wrote: »
    Well after living off of my 3DS I've finally joined the world of the Wii U. Excited! First game: Super Mario 3D World

[Edit] I can finally watch a Nintendo Direct and be excited about all of it instead of half!

Stick up your NNID and we can all connect with ya

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

plus they moved release of animal crossing dlc on mk 8 for same day of pattch 200cc

i never notice this before but wiiu has skype call wiiu chat

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

€28.. :D - Available in Blue, Green, Orange, Pink and Purple.

il_570xN.730281185_ola2.jpgil_570xN.730144066_e0e0.jpg
    OkW0GGH.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The hat or the t-shirt? :p

ive mario 64 now for €2 and super mario world from my ninttendo stars

Mr E wrote: »
    The hat or the t-shirt? :p
    I decided to look anyway..

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002S57VL6/ (Size name: small ? :confused:)
    http://www.polyvore.com/amazon.com_legend_zelda_mens_hoodie/thing?id=28231531

I doubt that'll be easy to get. :)

Allyall wrote: »
    I decided to look anyway..

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002S57VL6/ (Size name: small ? :confused:)
    http://www.polyvore.com/amazon.com_legend_zelda_mens_hoodie/thing?id=28231531

I doubt that'll be easy to get. :)

much better if hylian shield was on back instead of the front redbubble has anysize you want roughly €40

and i cant wait for zelda u at the of end of the year or do the samething like they did with skyward swords for 25th anniversary and save it zelda u for 30th anniversary next in February 2016,

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    i cant wait for zelda u at the of end of the year or do the samething like they did with skyward swords for 25th anniversary and save it zelda u for 30th anniversary next in February 2016,

They have said recently that it won't be 2015, so it will be out in 2016 instead.

• Advertisement

happy 19th birthday to pokemon franchise thatt next February 27th is it 20yr old

happy 29th birthday to zelda franchise thatt next February 13th is it 30yr old

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    happy 19th birthday to pokemon franchise thatt next February 27th is it 20yr old

happy 29th birthday to zelda franchise thatt next February 13th is it 30yr old

Could this be the date Nintendo brings out Zelda for Wii U? On its 30th anniversary in 2016?? :) Well, it's actually a Saturday, so maybe they're aiming for a Feb 12th 2016 release date?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Anybody know where I can preorder that Yoshi's Woolly World + amiibo bundle either online or instore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Anyone that ordered the splatoon amiibo bundle in smyths, they have droppped the price to a much more reasonable 55 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Anybody know where I can preorder that Yoshi's Woolly World + amiibo bundle either online or instore?

Smyth's had it but it seems to be gone now. Probably worth keeping an eye on in case they get more stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Question is how it'll sell on the WiiU, given it's on all of the home formats.
    Good to see nevertheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Went a bit mad over the last 2 weeks. Bought Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong: TF, Captain Toad, a Hori controller (mainly for Super Smash), and a long life Wii U battery. Happy as a pig in sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Splatoons creator on the lack of voice chat.

"This is coming from personal experience. When I played online games, I didn’t like the negativity I got and people telling me ‘You’re crap. Go away’. So we wanted to focus on the positive aspects of online gaming"

It's hard to blame them really, it's become toxic in that sense. Experienced players might be almost numb to it but attracting new players, it's not a bad decision imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Corholio wrote: »
    Splatoons creator on the lack of voice chat.

"This is coming from personal experience. When I played online games, I didn’t like the negativity I got and people telling me ‘You’re crap. Go away’. So we wanted to focus on the positive aspects of online gaming"

It's hard to blame them really, it's become toxic in that sense. Experienced players might be almost numb to it but attracting new players, it's not a bad decision imo.

FWIW, this is the main reason I bought a Wii U. My 360, PS3 and XB1 have mostly been gathering dust since I bought a Wii U. Unless online gaming is with people you know, it's more often than not more hassle than it's worth.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think it's more to do with the family friendly face of Nintendo.
    I would have preferred people had a choice, maybe tied into the parental controls on the system, enter a pin to activate and default switched off.
    I think the lack of voice in game is only going to hurt it, especially amongst the pro gaming crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

My boyfriend, who has never played anything but Mario Kart (sega kid) bought me the Wii U as a birthday present. Well I say my present but really, he's now become addicted to it. He even races me home so he can get it first

AXfq1Vf.jpg

It's sweet though-he keeps letting out random miows...

Zeldas next!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I think it's more to do with the family friendly face of Nintendo.
    I would have preferred people had a choice, maybe tied into the parental controls on the system, enter a pin to activate and default switched off.
    I think the lack of voice in game is only going to hurt it especially amongst the pro gaming crowd.

But you could say that they could skype call each other anyway if they really wanted to be competitive in it. granted its a little more trouble but still there is always that option. Im actually glad it doesnt have voice chat, ive been at a mates house watching him play Call of duty and its a mess of people roaring abuse at each other, so i think its a win to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Someone put the prices of the Lego Dimensions up on Reddit
    UK prices:
    Game: £99.99
    Fun Pack: £14.99
    Level Pack: £29.99
    £354.84 for the first batch of stuff.

... €489.42

Oof.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

... €489.42

Oof.

Surely that cannot be correct? I've two young kids mad into Lego so something like could be great, but not at those mental prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,677 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Surely that cannot be correct? I've two young kids mad into Lego so something like could be great, but not at those mental prices!

Can't believe people are defending this decision. It's retarded. At least give people the option. There's such a thing as a mute button and parental controls. An online shooter in this day and age with no voice chat, ridiculous. And for them to say definitively it's never happening is a slap in the face and giving us the middle finger. To hell with what you want, you're not getting it. There's a reason the boards around the internet went into meltdown over that EDGE article.

... €489.42

Oof.
    Andrew76 wrote: »

... Until they realise it's not selling by June 2016 and drop the price down to €40..

It looks great on desk, and may be a great game, but those prices are pretty high. I'd imagine it'll be a tough sell on any platform.

It's on Amazon.de for €99.99 Pre-Order - Roughly €36 cheaper than £99.

Seeing how discounted the competition are I don't see myself spending money on this series at all.
    Better Lego had followed the printer manufacturers model, sell the hardware cheap and make all the money on consumables, or in this case, the figures.
    Still, someone in there has given it done thought and thinks the prices are appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

So with all this Lego talk I remembered I bought Logo City Undercover last year, popped it into the WiiU played for like 30mins and have up due to the horrendous loading of the game.

But should I go bac. And give it another shot? Are the loading times a pain throughout the whole game? Why was there no update to reduce the load times?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,145 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The load times are bad when switching between levels/scenes, but gives time to check phone, send messages, etc. :) But it is a great game. Great fun and some fun references. Would love a sequel.

Advertisement