Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The load times are bad when switching between levels/scenes, but gives time to check phone, send messages, etc. :) But it is a great game. Great fun and some fun references. Would love a sequel.

Hmm, I might give it another chance so.

I hear it's such a great game with loads of funny references from 80s buddy cop movies etc, but I can't see a sequal happening on the WiiU since I would think it didn't sell as well as other multiplat Lego games which is a shame.

But Chase could be in this new one as a DLC side thing or somethin. A sequel could come next year for all systems if that sold well maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Not a fan of the series, but looks like the next CoD game may be coming to a Nintendo system too, which can only be good news :
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/04/rumour_call_of_duty_black_ops_3_teased_for_nintendo_release

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Wouldn't buy it, but it's a good sign for sure....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Blops 2 on Wii U was much better than its other console counterparts. They really done some cool stuff with the pad :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Great review for Affordable Space Adventures on Eurogamer;
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-10-affordable-space-adventures-review

€20 isn't it? Hmmmmmm! Another one to add to the must buy list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

For some reason I was expecting some sort of elite / Metroid / FTL mashup rather than a puzzler... also, no Off-TV play. A regrettable no from me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Allyall wrote: »
    ... Until they realise it's not selling by June 2016 and drop the price down to €40..

It looks great on desk, and may be a great game, but those prices are pretty high. I'd imagine it'll be a tough sell on any platform.

I dunno. This isn't just bits of plastic, it's Lego. Lego is incredible at holding value, especially themed, out of stock Lego. And it has a huge fan base with both people who buy Lego and people who enjoy the previous Lego themed games.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

gubbie wrote: »
    I dunno. This isn't just bits of plastic, it's Lego. Lego is incredible at holding value, especially themed, out of stock Lego. And it has a huge fan base with both people who buy Lego and people who enjoy the previous Lego themed games.

That's true, but if it isn't selling surely it will drop eventually? I can't imagine it selling at those prices.

More analysts bored, decided to analyse Nintendo/the Wii U.

http://wiiudaily.com/2015/04/analyst-says-nintendo-is-winding-down-wii-u-development/

I don't know if I believe it/want to believe it, but even so, It's another year and a half - two years away. Surely that analyst has got a fair few things wrong?
    I'm guessing the NX won't come out until (at earliest) Christmas 2016.
    Surely they couldn't keep pushing Zelda back that far? (Yes, I just read what I wrote.. :o :pac: )

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Jebus, the sharks are circling for the WiiU!
    It seems that every two bit games blogger is predicting the imminent demise of the console, figuring the delay of Zelda to be the proof of the pudding.
    And, with this type of rant becoming the topic of nearly every WiiU related news item that GoogleNow is sending my way, I can only imagine the damage this is doing to the reputation of the WiiU as a viable purchase at this time.
    The news of the NX being in development seems to have just poured petrol onto the fire as well, I'm not sure there is anything Nintendo can do now to gain support from these kinds of bloggers, if they cull the WiiU early and produce the NX sooner it'll be seen as an admission of failure and a sign that they are no longer relevant.
    If they keep the WiiU going, with exclusive content proving critical success amongst the mainstream gaming media, and the NX pushed back to 2018, Nintendo will be seen as not listening to the market and so its a sign they are no longer relevant.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I don't care which format the next LoZ, Metroid, FZero or Starfox comes out on, I know I'll own it regardless! #Nintendofandomisanexpensiveillness !

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Catch 22.
    If they announced the NX, they'd be seen to be giving up on the Wii U.
    If they didn't, the announcement of the mobile games would be viewed as them giving up on consoles altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

ah **** the haters nintendo have been and always will be the best company for games and consoles.. ill buy whatever they throw at me over anything else.......

I am refraining from amiibos though they are like gaming crack.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'd be interested to see how they'd sell if they were stocked in comparable numbers to Skylanders.
    Its easy to sell out when you stock feck all of them.

I just need the format that hosts the current crop of Nintendo titles.
    They only seem to have one format hosting official releases at a time, aside from Twilight Princess appearing, simultaneously, on both GC and Wii.
    And, as a result, I'll be like you Dark Knight, I'll own whatever hardware Nintendo release to keep on playing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I'd be surprised if the NX was released any earlier than Christmas 2017, which means we're at least roughly halfway through the Wii U's lifespan. And if the second half of the Wii U's time is like the first in terms of quality of games I think the Wii U will leave a greater legacy than a lot of folks out there are giving it credit for.

I'd be surprised if the NX was released any earlier than Christmas 2017, which means we're at least roughly halfway through the Wii U's lifespan. And if the second half of the Wii U's time is like the first in terms of quality of games I think the Wii U will leave a greater legacy than a lot of folks out there are giving it credit for.

I couldn't agree with you more, although the 2015 schedule is looking a little pallid, especially when compared to the last two stellar years.
    This year, aside from MK8 dlc, Yoshi and Splatoon I can't see anything on the horizon at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It is sad to see such a great console failing, but from a personal point of view I couldn't care if it went under tomorrow as the backlog of fantastic games I have to finish or even still get should take me into 2017 :D

goes to research splatoon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I couldn't agree with you more, although the 2015 schedule is looking a little pallid, especially when compared to the last two stellar years.
    This year, aside from MK8 dlc, Yoshi and Splatoon I can't see anything on the horizon at all.

Well Star Fox will probably be the big Christmas release and Xenoblade Chronicles X looks absolutely humongous, assuming they can get it localised and released by the end of the year. Plus I still think if they get the sharing mechanics of Mario Maker right (like it looks like the may) that could be an all time great game (it'll be an endless Mario game). And E3 will probably let us know what's on the horizon for 2016.

They are a big deal for us losers, but what of the greater gaming public, uninitiated into the magic that is the Nintendo WiiU?
    Is the lineup likely to make them nip down to Argos and buy one?
    If Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros haven't done it I can't see Xenoblade or Splatoon managing to motivate the ignorant shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    They are a big deal for us losers, but what of the greater gaming public, uninitiated into the magic that is the Nintendo WiiU?
    Is the lineup likely to make them nip down to Argos and buy one?
    If Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros haven't done it I can't see Xenoblade or Splatoon managing to motivate the ignorant shower.

I think Splatoon might nab a few.. :)
    My friends Nephew wanted, nagged for, and received a PS4 at Christmas.

Now trying to sell it to buy a Wii U. The leftover change should bag him a few games/controller also.
    He's late, but transfixed by the amiibo and has already bought a couple. Splatoon seems to have been the catalyst, but he had made up most of his mind already.
    He will probably buy back a PS4 at a later date, but for now the Wii U is (for him) the much better purchase. :D

• Advertisement

any of you using the smash bros controllers? any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,677 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The Wii U is as good as dead. The new console will be shown at E3 next year and released by Christmas. I guarantee it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

sligeach wrote:
    The Wii U is as good as dead. The new console will be shown at E3 next year and released by Christmas. I guarantee it.

Have you the lotto numbers as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,677 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

sweetie wrote: »
    Have you the lotto numbers as well?

Yes but with great power comes great responsibility. So, sorry, I can't give them to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

sligeach wrote: »

You'd better sell all your WiiU stuff quick so, seeya.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

sligeach wrote: »

Why would a new handheld mean the wii u's dead?

smokingman wrote: »
    You'd better sell all your WiiU stuff quick so, seeya.
    ill rob a bank and buy it all

ill rob a bank and buy it all

Sure if all is lost he might as well give it all to me, for safe disposal.
    Reduce, Reuse, Recycle people!

what is the latest monster hunter game called

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.
    tumblr_nel7f7pFeN1tafr4io1_1280.jpg

Advertisement