Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,557 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Star Lord wrote: »
    It'd be about the only workable battle track!!!

Wasn't there always a barrier in the middle though, to stop you from skipping most of the track, and prevented shells crossing?
    Nothing like the satisfaction of power sliding round the corner and having a red shell that's closing in smacking into the barrier!

Yeah a barrier to stop karts but I'm fairly sure green shells could fly across and I know bowser shells did.

Next dlc must have battle trachs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

People poking around in the data of Smash Bros have discovered some interesting little things, sound files were included in the last update for Smash and included in them were files called:

•snd_bgm_Z80_F_Mewtwo_3DS.nus3bank
    •snd_bgm_Z81_F_Ryu_3DS.nus3bank
    •snd_bgm_Z82_F_Lucas_3DS.nus3bank
    •snd_bgm_Z83_F_Roy_3DS.nus3bank

2 out of the 4 have already been confirmed as characters, Ryu in there is interesting, would be cool if they had agreed a deal with Capcom.

Could be nothing, could be something.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm really going to have to find a pacman Amiibo somewhere, I need to unlock the frankly awesome Mii costume, seems to create an animated pacmam texture on your helmet!
    Now who wouldn't want that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm really going to have to find a pacman Amiibo somewhere, I need to unlock the frankly awesome Mii costume, seems to create an animated pacmam texture on your helmet!
    Now who wouldn't want that!

At least my Bowser Amiibo will unlock something else now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Any ideas where if anywhere is selling windwaker hd cheapest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,677 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Ryu has no place in Smash Bros. Capcom hasn't given us a home console Street Fighter since the SNES. Why should Nintendo give them free publicity? There's a reason Snake didn't make the cut this time. Appeared in Brawl and we've had nothing since and we only had one MGS game going back until the NES era and that was a remake which Nintendo forked the bill for and used their own team, Silicon Knights to make it. Sure we might as well ask for Final Fantasy characters while we're at it. /sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Any ideas where if anywhere is selling windwaker hd cheapest

Forget about 'cheapest'. If you see it anywhere, just grab it. It's bloody hard to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

sligeach wrote: »
    Ryu has no place in Smash Bros. Capcom hasn't given us a home console Street Fighter since the SNES. Why should Nintendo give them free publicity? There's a reason Snake didn't make the cut this time. Appeared in Brawl and we've had nothing since and we only had one MGS game going back until the NES era and that was a remake which Nintendo forked the bill for and used their own team, Silicon Knights to make it. Sure we might as well ask for Final Fantasy characters while we're at it. /sarcasm

Well there was the glorious Capcom vs Tatsunoko on the Wii - sure it was limited as fighters go but it was a blast. And if that opens the door to G-Force / Science Ninja Gatchaman showing up in Smash, then so be it! And SF4 was close enough to launch on the 3DS, which is also a platform for Smash, so Ryu is fair enough game. But surely there's a character called Ryu in another - ANY other - game that at some point got a Ninty release that this could be?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Ryu from Ninja Gaiden?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

That guy! I knew there was a prominent one. Mr Hayabusa's in DOA on the 3DS too. So he has a proud history going back over at least 3 or 4 consoles (wasn't he on the DS and NES too?), and Team Ninja seem to have a decent working relationship with Ninty...
    DOA vs Smash Bros... think of the jiggling Zero Suit...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,013 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I assume you mean on Nintendo consoles only.

Gamecube had Capcom vs SNK 2:EO

Wii had Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars

I assume you mean on Nintendo consoles only.

Gamecube had Capcom vs SNK 2:EO

Wii had Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars

Yes I mean consoles. They're not Street Fighter games, hence their names. They're fighting games with a few Street Fighter characters mixed in. We haven't had a home console Street Fighter game in 4 generations and over 20 years.

Sony are funding the next Street Fighter game so Nintendo would be promoting a character for a game that will skip Nintendo platforms not just the Wii U.

I won't even mention Resident Evil and how bad we've been treated there as well.

It's such a shame the Wii u doesn't get the credit it deserves...

Started playing Wii u at 6 pm yesterday I was getting tired and looked at clock and 3am lol

It's a long time since probably bad company 2 on Xbox360 that I have played for that long...

Sony and Microsoft could do with looking at Nintendo and the quality of games they make

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

We haven't had a home console Street Fighter game in 4 generations and over 20 years.
    I won't even mention Resident Evil and how bad we've been treated there as well.

Third parties gonna third party.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Ryu has no place in Smash Bros. Capcom hasn't given us a home console Street Fighter since the SNES. Why should Nintendo give them free publicity? There's a reason Snake didn't make the cut this time.

But Mega Man...from Capcom....did?

I don't think there's as much spite in the video game business as you think there is. Companies will do business as to what they think is good for them.

Corholio wrote: »
    But Mega Man...from Capcom....did?

I don't think there's as much spite in the video game business as you think there is. Companies will do business as to what they think is good for them.

Megaman has nothing for nobody lately. That's because Capcom are muppets and are letting that franchise die. Is it any wonder their finances are in dire straits and need external funding for games?

Without Monster Hunter they'd be finished. Maybe not in the business world but I've a long memory. And if I were Nintendo I'd say no or what do we get in return?

If there was one company I'd want Nintendo to buy it'd be them.

Can't stop playing Zelda a link to past and Mario 3 :) talk about nostalgia.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Downloaded NES Remix 1 with a code from Club Nintendo last night.

Great game so far! In particular loving the Super Mario Bros challenges.

Will pick up NES Remix 2 in the coming weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I'm scared, scared of the thought of playing 200cc.

I'm scared, scared of the thought of playing 200cc.
    be grand its like playing the last top tier whilst being off your face on crystal meth.... what could go wrong sure??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

be grand its like playing the last top tier whilst being off your face on crystal meth.... what could go wrong sure??

I honestly don't even know what the button for braking is.

I honestly don't even know what the button for braking is.
    tbh neither do I :D

Looking at the 200c race on Ribbon Road and the number of times the kart fell off the track, I foresee a lot of frustrated gaming nights ahead. Anyone who gets gold in that cc is going to be a legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

ive havent played super smash bros wiiu over a month i've waiting over 10mins to update it must big one
    awesoome ive mewtwo downlode and i got my download codes to bring Mewtwo into Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    ive havent played super smash bros wiiu over a month i've waiting over 10mins to update it must big one

Balance and DLC patch. I don't think its that big but I guess the servers are full of users d/ling like yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Nintendo should follow the Super Luigi U and Mario 3D World trend and just put hidden 8-bit Luigi's in everything they ever produce. Let every year be the year of Luigi!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Watching the new Star Wars trailer makes me want to break out Rogue Squadron 2 on the GC, Rebel Strike not so much though (sh1te on foot levels!)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Watching the new Star Wars trailer makes me want to break out Rogue Squadron 2 on the GC, Rebel Strike not so much though (sh1te on foot levels!)

Ah yeah, those forest speeder bike levels were legend!
    ...if only we could get that on Virtual Console...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Absolutely loved Rogue Squadron on the N64. Presumably its the exact same game (with better graphics??) on the GC? Absolute cracker of a game. Spent so many hours on it, an was only a moderate Star Wars fan. Only got into it big later on, and I'd say that game helped me transition into Star Wars fan, from a "casual".

BTW, I've about 5200 stars and a Wii U and New 3DS. Any recommendations from the Nintendo Club? The only thing I want is the Pikmin ringtones!! :o:o:p

• Advertisement

Right so. Was going to watch more Daredevil but this has to be done soon....
    A night of trying to get the rest of my gold medals in 150cc MK8 ahead...

Advertisement