Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Finally got Mario Kart 8.

Masterpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Just cannot seem to win the new rainbow road on 150cc!
    200cc is going to lead to an anurism...X\

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Absolutely loved Rogue Squadron on the N64. Presumably its the exact same game (with better graphics??) on the GC? Absolute cracker of a game. Spent so many hours on it, an was only a moderate Star Wars fan. Only got into it big later on, and I'd say that game helped me transition into Star Wars fan, from a "casual".

BTW, I've about 5200 stars and a Wii U and New 3DS. Any recommendations from the Nintendo Club? The only thing I want is the Pikmin ringtones!! :o:o:p

The GC game is quite different, at least visually.
    In fact, at best, it feels like you are in the midst of the movies themselves.
    You'd imagine when it departs from the movie plus and heads off on its own that it might become not as interesting but not so, they did a great job, with Rogue Leader anyway.
    Rebel Strike, Rogue Squadron 3, has awful on foot sections.
    They don't look bad but they are fundamentally broken.
    However, if you can suffer them, the rest of the game is fantastic, especially the aforementioned Speeder Bike scene and the ATST piloting.

If you like them you should really pick up the XWing and Tie Fighter games on the PC, and then find Secret Weapons over Normandy, that's by the same developer, on the Xbox, PC and PS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Rebel strike included split screen 2 player versions of the best levels in Rogue Leader too, I think - never managed to bag a copy. RL was worth the price for the opening deathstar assault level. At the time at least it was as close to photorealistic as I'd ever seen in a game on any platform. There was a gorgeous nebula level and a fleet defense early on too. Probably looks like a wookies arse now though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Two of my favourite cube games. Loved them, played them for hours and hours.

Pretty sure I got platinum in every mission on Rebel Strike, except the on foot one with waves upon waves of enemies - like 100 of them or something.

Loved the N64 one too.

Any of them come to eshop, i'll get them the day they come out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Banjo wrote: »
    Rebel strike included split screen 2 player versions of the best levels in Rogue Leader too, I think - never managed to bag a copy. RL was worth the price for the opening deathstar assault level. At the time at least it was as close to photorealistic as I'd ever seen in a game on any platform. There was a gorgeous nebula level and a fleet defense early on too. Probably looks like a wookies arse now though :)

Rogue Leader still looks great.
    The movie cinemas were the first time Star Wars footage was available in digital form, AFAIK.
    The off canon levels are still good, as I said before.
    Rebel Strike is just ruined by the on foot stuff, the vehicular bits are completely brilliant.

I'm pretty sure one (or both) of them had that disco Star Wars theme at the Factor5 or maybe Lucas Arts logo at the start.

Which of course means it gets a ten from me, regardless of how it played.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

smokingman wrote: »
    Just cannot seem to win the new rainbow road on 150cc!
    200cc is going to lead to an anurism...X\
    try harder!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    If you like them you should really pick up the XWing and Tie Fighter games on the PC, and then find Secret Weapons over Normandy, that's by the same developer, on the Xbox, PC and PS2.

Good call.
    I actually had X-Wing vs Tie Fighter on the PC years ago. Played it with a joystick. Was a great game.
    I saw them recently online for sale for about a tenner, i think, for all the games in the series. I'm afraid to go back and play them again in case they ruin my memories of it and destroy any sense of sentimentality I had from them.

They are still as good as ever, the simpler polygons aged better than a bunch a fuzzy bit maps, nice and crisp and the stories are as good as ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Project Cars £35 on all consoles from Gameseek (£20 on PC). 17th of May for the Wii U , and 8th of May for all others.
    Is anyone planning on buying this for the Wii U, or just PS4/Xbone/PC?
    I remember hearing a long long time ago, that the Wii U version would use the Gamepad, and it will most likely come with all/most of the DLC on disc. I will be getting it on the Wii U, even if I get in on another.

Mario Kart Super Circuit is coming to Wii U this week :D
    uy320WV.png?1

jmt8Vnh.jpg?165CNBNs.jpg?1

Is it meant to be good?

Jesus, I'm so out of the loop, I'm back at the...start...no, that's not right.

Super Circuit on the WiiU!
    That's both of my favourite Mario Kart games on the one console!
    A must have!
    Although....
    I have a Gameboy Player and the Retron 5 so I can already play my own copy of the game on both CRT and the Plasma....
    Hmmm, what was once clear is now unclear....

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Is it meant to be good?

Jesus, I'm so out of the loop, I'm back at the...start...no, that's not right.

Its a Möbius strip, you're back at the start but upside down.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Super Circuit on the WiiU!
    That's both of my favourite Mario Kart games on the one console!
    A must have!
    Although....
    I have a Gameboy Player and the Retron 5 so I can already play my own copy of the game on both CRT and the Plasma....
    Hmmm, what was once clear is now unclear....

If you don't get it, you won't have it on the Wii U... :D:p

I'm looking forward to it. Some of the courses are HD? Some, not so much. But Still..... :D

This weeks eShop downloads are still not available.. :confused:
    I've all sorts of conspiracy stuff going on in my head.. ;)

I am still without Wii U, and also without TV for nearly 3 weeks... I'm just short of cracking up.
    I've given up hoping that it'll end soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Allyall wrote: »
    If you don't get it, you won't have it on the Wii U... :D:p

I'm looking forward to it. Some of the courses are HD? Some, not so much. But Still..... :D

This weeks eShop downloads are still not available.. :confused:
    I've all sorts of conspiracy stuff going on in my head.. ;)

I am still without Wii U, and also without TV for nearly 3 weeks... I'm just short of cracking up.

If you're still wiiuless by Thursday when the mariokart DLC comes out, I wouldn't recommend coming on here....we'll all be gushing like kids on chrimbo morning I'm guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Allyall wrote: »

No TV and no Wii U make Allyall something something...

Is there any point to the hand-held Mariokarts without multiplayer? Mariokart is and always will be about shouting "Which prick just red-shelled me????" as you drop from first to fifth on the final bend. It's not the same if it's done by the vagaries of some AI...

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Uno my Uno.

I was never a massive fan of Super Circuit, I would be interested to see how it looks on a big screen though, how much are the GBA games?

7 quid according to NintendoLife.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Uno my Uno.

That isn't completely outrageous but I already already have pretty much everything I ever wanted on GBA (and then a few more besides) in cartridge form. Hard to justify paying for them again just to play them on the Game pad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 PedroBear

I'm primarily a PC player and haven't owned a console in quite some time. However, I was thinking about making the plunge and buying a Wii U over the summer to catch up on some of the exclusives so I'm waiting for a price drop at E3. The problem is that dozens of other sites like Neogaf and Reddit have put the fear of God in me saying it's a dead piece of hardware and particularly now with this new NX coming out next year I'm wondering if I should hold off on buying one??

Nobody can make that decision but you really! Look at the available games and what you want to play, that'll tell you if it'll be worthwhile. It's my favourite console since the SNES, there are a lot of amazing games out there for it.

Star Lord wrote: »
    Nobody can make that decision but you really! Look at the available games and what you want to play, that'll tell you if it'll be worthwhile. It's my favourite console since the SNES, there are a lot of amazing games out there for it.

Would you buy one at this stage personally if the NX is coming 2016?

I'll most likely pick up the NX regardless. I just don't want to spend that money for a system that has just a little over 12 months left in it particularly if I have to fork out another 400 euro for the NX. :(

Personally? Yes. Yes I would. There's nothing confirmed about the NX other than it's the codename they've assigned to the next console that they're working on.

Personally? Yes. Yes I would. There's nothing confirmed about the NX other than it's the codename they've assigned to the next console that they're working on.

Well it seems Lu Yang, an ex-Microsoft employee that worked on mobile platforms, is now working at Nintendo and has been developing "Project NX" for over a year now if you're to believe todays news.

PedroBear wrote: »
    Well it seems Lu Yang, an ex-Microsoft employee that worked on mobile platforms, is now working at Nintendo and has been developing "Project NX" for over a year now if you're to believe todays news.

They start working on the new consoles as soon as one is launched. R&D don't just take a break then knock one out in a short time.

Super Circuit is possibly my favourite Mario Kart title outside of 7 and 8.
    I played the living heck out of that game on the crappy original GBA screen.
    But, on the GBA:SP, what a revelation!
    Better still on the AGS 101 and the GBMicro.

They start working on the new consoles as soon as one is launched. R&D don't just take a break then knock one out in a short time.

Understandable. But the term 'mobile platform' might be unsettling for a lot of the old guard Nintendo fans.

I don't know what others think, but I have a Galaxy and I would gladly pay for a beefed up 3DS that made calls and sent texts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

PedroBear wrote: »
    Would you buy one at this stage personally if the NX is coming 2016?

I'll most likely pick up the NX regardless. I just don't want to spend that money for a system that has just a little over 12 months left in it particularly if I have to fork out another 400 euro for the NX. :(

probably 2017, if itawa's not going to be talking about it until 2016.

If it's got the games you're interested in, then what does it matter if there's a new console with different games for it coming in a year or two?
    You seem to want some of the games that are already out.

Advertisement